Waterman Hémisphère Nib

HCD

Is it possible to remove the nib from this waterman model and if it is can it be swapped by a nib of a different tip size, F for an M.?
Where may a find waterman nibs if what I've asked is possible?

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• Mike 59

• HCD

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually they do not swap nibs but entire sections.

If the pen is new, you can send it to Waterman (Sanford) for a nib-exchange. That should be free or at a nominal handling fee, as long as the nib is still pristine.

If it is older, you can buy a new section with the nib of your liking from shops that carry Waterman.

You might try our member Dutchpen, he often offers various sections for Waterman and Parker pens (and others) at interesting prices through the classifieds.

Send him a PM to see what he has got.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Usually they do not swap nibs but entire sections.

If the pen is new, you can send it to Waterman (Sanford) for a nib-exchange. That should be free or at a nominal handling fee, as long as the nib is still pristine.

If it is older, you can buy a new section with the nib of your liking from shops that carry Waterman.

You might try our member Dutchpen, he often offers various sections for Waterman and Parker pens (and others) at interesting prices through the classifieds.

Send him a PM to see what he has got.

D.ick

Thanks it was very helpful I'll try to find one section with dutchpen because a really need the pen and sending it to waterman may take a few weeks

Hi, The Hemisphere nib does pull straight out with the feed.

It seems to be a standard #5 feed size as I have just fitted my own with a Bock #5 in "F".

It's a longer nib than the original, but it looks ok to me.

Hi, The Hemisphere nib does pull straight out with the feed.

It seems to be a standard #5 feed size as I have just fitted my own with a Bock #5 in "F".

It's a longer nib than the original, but it looks ok to me.

But will it fit inside the cap, then?

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hi, Yes I did thnk it might be too long a nib and might hit the cap liner, but it seems to be fine, I would think there is only about 1mm gap between the tip of the #5 nib and the inside of the cap.

The original nib as bought was the normal steel medium one, I wanted to try it with a fine, and the Bock was much cheaper than the Waterman replacement.

Edited by Mike 59