Starwalker Mystery Fountain...

FourRings

Well, I went to my local store and ended up with this! I've always liked the design, and finally picked it up... Medium nib, and striking design.

anyone else have one and do you like it?

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92/eggersj/df76885e99c3d341ac84fdfbe3252705_zps1c5jxyha.jpg

I'm just a Starwalker kind of guy...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A1979

• FourRings

• Toll

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I went to my local store and ended up with this! I've always liked the design, and finally picked it up... Medium nib, and striking design.

anyone else have one and do you like it? http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92/eggersj/df76885e99c3d341ac84fdfbe3252705_zps1c5jxyha.jpg

I have the ballpoint version. Beautiful pen, congratulations!

I have the ballpoint version. Beautiful pen, congratulations!

Many thanks! The ball point is very nice! I like the expanded grip on Starwalker ballpoints... Gotta pick one up one of these days...

I have had a Starwalker Mystery FP for a few years. Highly dependable and one of my go-to pens for business travel. A while ago I dropped this pen on a concrete surface which created a tiny chip on the resin dome. I was pleasantly surprised that my local MB Boutique could repair it (i.e., replace the dome) on the spot.

anyone else have one and do you like it?

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92/eggersj/df76885e99c3d341ac84fdfbe3252705_zps1c5jxyha.jpg

Congratulations on the new MB fountain pen. Wonderful pen. As you can see from my Avatar, the MB StarWalker is my favorite. I also like the heft of the metal versions like the pen you just purchased. In terms of MB StarWalker Fountain pens ... I have a few. My favorite is the Midnight Metal, then my Red Gold Metal, then the Cool Blue. I always have one in my car and a few at my office. I had a few resin versions in the past and have since sold them off as I could never get used to their light weight. The true love for me is the clear dome with the floating star. Great design IMHO. My EDC is always accompanied with two other pens, a second fountain pen with a different color in, and either a MB SW rollerball or ballpoint. It might sound crazy, but I always find myself carrying 3 pens with me daily. I've tried to carry just 1 or 2 ... but that somehow makes me feel like I'm missing something. Be it at work in my suit or on the weekends in my jeans, you'll aways find 2 FPs and 1 RB/BP in my front right pocket!

:D :thumbup:

Congratulations on the new MB fountain pen. Wonderful pen. As you can see from my Avatar, the MB StarWalker is my favorite. I also like the heft of the metal versions like the pen you just purchased. In terms of MB StarWalker Fountain pens ... I have a few. My favorite is the Midnight Metal, then my Red Gold Metal, then the Cool Blue. I always have one in my car and a few at my office. I had a few resin versions in the past and have since sold them off as I could never get used to their light weight. The true love for me is the clear dome with the floating star. Great design IMHO. My EDC is always accompanied with two other pens, a second fountain pen with a different color in, and either a MB SW rollerball or ballpoint. It might sound crazy, but I always find myself carrying 3 pens with me daily. I've tried to carry just 1 or 2 ... but that somehow makes me feel like I'm missing something. Be it at work in my suit or on the weekends in my jeans, you'll aways find 2 FPs and 1 RB/BP in my front right pocket!

:D :thumbup:

The MB SW is also my favorite. I have a few BP and RB, and the Ultimate Carbon Fountain Pen. The latter is very interesting: a little bit too light, but a great design overall. I might buy the matching ballpoint too. Do you have it?

The MB SW is also my favorite. I have a few BP and RB, and the Ultimate Carbon Fountain Pen. The latter is very interesting: a little bit too light, but a great design overall. I might buy the matching ballpoint too. Do you have it?

I have the StarWalker FP and RB in Ultimate Carbon. I haven't even opened the RB, although I've had it since release day. Sad but true. Brand new and hidden from the sunlight, tucked away in my drawer at work. That being said, if you're looking to purchase a new SW RB Ultimate Carbon, I have one that I can part with. PM me 👍😁

I also have the carbon ultimate fountain in medium... Great pen! I am hardcore into motor sports, and have a genuine CF wedding ring, phone case, wallet and trim in my S Audi... I also have a 5280 Majestic carbon fountain. And a full CF chassis on my weekend toy (Alfa 4C)

I am just so drawn to the starwalkers. They are my favorite pen too I have come to realize. I want my midnight metal fountain back so bad (it's in Texas for service)

One question... I feel that SW nibs 'break in". They write so much better on Clirefontaine after a week or so of use, and are almost squeaky out of the box. Anyone else notice this?

Edited by FourRings

That being said, if you're looking to purchase a new SW RB Ultimate Carbon, I have one that I can part with. PM me

Thank you, good to know. I have too many RB, but maybe in the future... My next pen will probably be the Caran d'Ache RNX.

I also have the carbon ultimate fountain in medium... Great pen! I am hardcore into motor sports, and have a genuine CF wedding ring, phone case, wallet and trim in my S Audi... I also have a 5280 Majestic carbon fountain. And a full CF chassis on my weekend toy (Alfa 4C)

👍👍

I have the Ultimate Carbon FP with a Japanese Fine nib (grinded by Mike Masuyama). It is one of my favorite writers.

post-63755-0-23452700-1454879050_thumb.jpeg

I have the Ultimate Carbon FP with a Japanese Fine nib (grinded by Mike Masuyama). It is one of my favorite writers.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Wow! That's amazing! Total Beauty! I might try that on one of my SW's... Next Starwalker will be a fine nib...

My next pen is gonna be a MB Jules Verne fountain... It's my Grail

Wow! That's amazing! Total Beauty! I might try that on one of my SW's... Next Starwalker will be a fine nib...

My next pen is gonna be a MB Jules Verne fountain... It's my Grail

Thank you! He did the same job on my Imporium. :)

The Jules Verne si a fantastic pen - Maybe one day... Good luck with your search!