• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lapis

• mk2579

• Shivamaris

• Joban

Top Posters In This Topic

My boutique hasn't even heard of this ink.

I called San Fran boutique and had to explain what this ink was. She claimed to have never heard of it (she also never heard of Leo Tolstoy ink) but would look into it.

I called San Fran boutique and had to explain what this ink was. She claimed to have never heard of it (she also never heard of Leo Tolstoy ink) but would look into it.

I realized that the SF boutique had absolutely no interest in pens or ink and haven't bothered with them in years.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope that ones out of stock. I actually got my Will Shakespeare ahead of general release from Germany...but at quite a price premium :headsmack:

MB website shows out of stock :( BMW website, on the other hand, shows available - eagerly awaiting delivery :)

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

• 2 months later...

It don't seem to want to drift the corners.

Not a heavy shading ink....nor spiffy to make up for the lack of shading.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 1 year later...

The staff at the MB boutique told me that this ink is [A] a LE, and a promotion for and/or from BMW. In contrast to a lot of other MB LE inks, there is no FP offered together with this ink (chronologically seen), as was the case e.g. with the JFK SE FP. Then we have the reverse story in regard to their newest (AFAIK) FP Andy Warhol, for which no ink has been issued.

Whew!

Wish photobucket allowed me to see the pictures of your review! There was/is two Pens that went with the ink. A BMW pen provided with limited edition 7 series BMW's only 100 made, and a platinum 146 with 7's engraved on the clip.

Both the ink and the 146 are still available from BMW dealers. I just bought a bottle from ShopBMWUSA.com for $14.88, which is bad since on eBay people want $30. What is cool is the pen is also still available from dealers and I could get it for $580. BTW to see the real price you have to select a dealer to ship it from. No idea for people outside of the USA if other countries dealerships are doing this.

Edited by Driften

Right now, it's late Christmas Eve but I'll try and get around to it tomorrow or the day after and re-upload those missing pictures, non-thanks to Botophucket.

Okay, this is an old one of mine but maybe you haven't already seen it:

fpn_1524594646__santa_gets_sued_2.jpg

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

HTH. If it were possible to add a whole bottle of this ink to your sock last night with the help of these FPN uploads, I would have done that, too.... It's a great blue ink (if you like the color)....

fpn_1514211343__santa_march.gif

• 3 months later...

For those still interested in trying this ink. The BMW website still has available. Save the shipping cost and get it delivered to a dealer.

• 1 year later...

Sure can! Let's start off with the outside parts first:

fpn_1514211913__mb_for_bmw_5.jpg

That's the front of the box, and that's all there is to see there. Well, as long as the ink is great, no complaint, I mean, there at least is this box going along with the bottle....

fpn_1514211965__mb_for_bmw_6.jpg.

And that's the back of the box. There is nothing printed on the rest of the box, except for the Montblanc symbol up top (as always), and...

fpn_1514212023__mb_for_bmw_7.jpg

... on the bottom of the box, the most important information. Don't forget to note elsewhere in your inventories at least the Ident. Nr. as this is often handy to have when your'e trying to track down a MB ink which is no longer issued. Or e.g. for distinguishing between old and new MB blue-black IG bottles or between the latest MB blue-black IG versus its non-IG successor. Whew!

fpn_1514212079__mb_for_bmw_8.jpg

And now the real McCow itself, the bottle, which -- maybe for me alone a nice glass ink bottle with an excellent cap -- is really nothing new. It's the same creation offered with most of the other 30-ml MB inks these days, like Winter Glow, through JFK right up to Pink Ink. (At least those inks had more interestingly designed boxes.) There is nothing to be seen on any of the sides of these bottles, just only...

fpn_1514212139__mb_for_bmw_9.jpg

... on the bottom.

I'd still say, get a bottle if you can. IMO a beautiful blue, a well-made ink.

Mike

Thank you for your review, Mike.

I much appreciate the pictures of the box in particular, as mine has been (by custom) thrown out. The data on the box is most helpful.

Bought mine late 2018 at Toronto's MB Boutique, then forgotten all about it.. Somehow this small cube shaped bottle disappeared in my ink stash.

Early this year the BMW Blue surfaced & I put this ink into the queue to try new blue or blue/black inks.

I do prefer b/b inks to blues Had only one fave blue to date: Visconti.

My Kaweco Special tester (with Pendleton's 0.6 mm. BLS) has just been filled with the BMW Blue ink.

What a beautiful shade of blue!

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Thanks, tinta! Nice to hear that this ink is still being used and liked! As shown up front (in the review itself), it is a rather "neutral" or almost "pure" blue, in any case not as red as MB's Royal or Permanent varieties. At the same time not too "sporty" or bright, but in lieu of a more contemplative reflection....

Thanks, tinta! Nice to hear that this ink is still being used and liked! As shown up front (in the review itself), it is a rather "neutral" or almost "pure" blue, in any case not as red as MB's Royal or Permanent varieties. At the same time not too "sporty" or bright, but in lieu of a more contemplative reflection....

Best before Dec 2020,...I'd better get a move on with this ink.

Is it still available, or was it a "one of" release when it came out? (Seems I cannot keep track of MB, or for that matter, Sailor releases. Mostly I plod along with Pel b/b, Plat. b/b, Visconti b or Salix as my regular fare. :unsure:

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Still available in the UK BMW shop for £15 a pop. Also MB Platinum Line Le Grand 146 at £200 off. Probably not many left, I would think ...

J

hn

This is an ink that I use on a regular basis. Although I had got myself a few bottles of it, when they eventually go out of stock, is there an alternative I can get? The recent 2019 “The Blues” line comes in mind and it looks as if the Lapis Lazuli or the Ultramarine are close in range on the screen. But it’s really hard to be sure from the screen. Are there owners of the three inks who can do a comparison?