Navy - Seitz-Kreuznach

visvamitra

Seitz-Kreuznach is a german based ebay seller. Some time ago he/they came up with their own line of inks. The inks have great value and are offered in cartridges and bottles (0,68 fl oz).

http://www.seitz-kreuznach.de/media/image/IMG-1998b.jpg

There are few colors in the line:

1. Arctic Blue
  2. Chestnut
  3. Dark Orchid
  4. Flamingo Pink
  5. Navy
  6. Neon Yellow
  7. Pacific Blue
  8. Palm Green
  9. Panthers Black
  10. Tomato red

I've heard good things about Navy and it's uniqueness. Maybe my sample was contaminates as it seems to be the case with Arctic Blue but to me it's just regular Blue-black-grey.

Thank you Cyber6 for sending me samples of these inks.

Ink Splash

fpn_1454445855__navy_sk_is.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1454445846__navy_sk_rk.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1454445837__navy_sk_leuchtturm_3.jpg

Tomoe River, Kaweco Classic Sport, B

fpn_1454445830__navy_sk_tomoe_1.jpg

fpn_1454445824__navy_sk_tomoe_2.jpg

fpn_1454445814__navy_sk_tomoe_3.jpg

Leuchtturm, Kaweco Classic Sport, B

fpn_1454445802__navy_sk_leuchtturm_1.jpg

fpn_1454445790__navy_sk_leuchtturm_2.jpg

fpn_1454445781__navy_sk_leuchtturm_4.jpg

Oxford, Kaweco Classic Sport, B

fpn_1454445772__navy_sk_ox_1.jpg

fpn_1454445760__navy_sk_ox_2.jpg

fpn_1454445750__navy_sk_ox_3.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• lapis

• lgsoltek

• Karmachanic

Top Posters In This Topic

and here's mine:

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_seitz_kreuznach_navy_blue_swatch.jpg

Strange one this.

Whilst it doesn't look anything "special" I find it to be a brilliant everyday workhorse ink that gives off a little character, without showing off - if that makes sense.

Thanks again visvamitra for showing these inks to us all and to Cyber6 for making me buy some wayyy back . . . :)

Thanks, Vis. There's a little bit too much green in this one for my taste. The outer dark blue portion of the kitchen towel drop would be just fine.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I can only speak for the Navy which allows some colour to be washed away but leaves behind a visible, legible line. Another reason why I like this baby . . .

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_seitz_kreuznach_navy_water_test.jpg

I love this ink; if I could only have one ink, this one would be it. Mine seems a bit more blue than yours, but still on the grey-blue spectrum. However, I tend to use it in a very wet Pelikan 1mm stub nib, so that may be why.

It has worked well in every pen I've used it in--cleans easily, wet but not too wet, doesn't lead to skipping or hard starts. It's also very cheap, which is a plus. The one complaint I have is that its bottle has just about the worst design for filling pens. Because of that I have poured it into other bottles.

Edited by Boniface

Nice review. I really like this grey. Has IMO nothing to do with navy, except, well, maybe about a quarter of a tick of navy. Otherwise just a dull grey, but the blue and green make it unique.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

That is very different than I would expect from an ink called Navy Blue. Thanks for sharing this.

... The one complaint I have is that its bottle has just about the worst design for filling pens. Because of that I have poured it into other bottles.

Don't like the bottle, 'eh? Here's one with an ink in the colourless version...

http://www.spirituosen-superbillig.com/pic/2892x-Landwirths-Wodka-0-1l-37-5-.7672a.jpg

• 2 years later...

I read thought the wonderful reviews of Seitz-Kreuznach inks on this site and, since they are not far away from me, I placed an order for slate grey and this ink.

I wasn't disappointed, its a wonderful color as you can see above.

What is fascinating is how it shades as it fades.

Freshly draw from the pen it is indeed navy blue, but over the course of 15 seconds it dries out to a wonderfully restrained blue-grey. It's so understated that a short writing sample could leave you underwhelmed. Cover a pair of notebook pages with writing and you gain a completely different impression. I'm not generally a fan of blue inks (MB blue-back is an exception) but this is so calm and measured when spread over a substantial block of text.

Its lack of saturation makes it a great essay-ink, that gently persuades without repelling the reader with over assertive tones.

It may well become my go-to-blue from now on.

Edited by AidenMark

Less is More - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Less is a Bore - Robert Venturi

I read thought the wonderful reviews of Seitz-Kreuznach inks on this site and, since they are not far away from me, I placed an order for slate grey and this ink.

I wasn't disappointed, its a wonderful color as you can see above.

What is fascinating is how it shades as it fades.

Freshly draw from the pen it is indeed navy blue, but over the course of 15 seconds it dries out to a wonderfully restrained blue-grey. It's so understated that a short writing sample could leave you underwhelmed. Cover a pair of notebook pages with writing and you gain a completely different impression. I'm not generally a fan of blue inks (MB blue-back is an exception) but this is so calm and measured when spread over a substantial block of text.

Its lack of saturation makes it a great essay-ink, that gently persuades without repelling the reader with over assertive tones.

It may well become my go-to-blue from now on.

Delighted you like it. Mine is now married to my Lamy 2000 and they're having a lovely time together :wub:

Don't like the bottle, 'eh? Here's one with an ink in the colourless version...

http://www.spirituosen-superbillig.com/pic/2892x-Landwirths-Wodka-0-1l-37-5-.7672a.jpg

Their 30ml inks used to come in a smaller size of the vodka bottle as well. It's indeed very impractical, but gosh it looks so cute. They have since switched to the nondescript Pelikan 4001 bottle. Much more functional, but there's nothing lovely about it.

Your're right! The Slate and Tundra I bought are also in the 4001 bottles, just like Kaweco. Those are all more practical than the vodka bottle but what I like the most (about the 4001 bottles) is that they don't have a tin lid like the vodka bottles do. The caps of Seitz and Kaweco aren't exaclty the same as on real 4001s but still not tin. Also, these 100-ml vodka bottles are still more practical than those of a 1-liter wine bottle.

• 1 year later...

I

Freshly draw from the pen it is indeed navy blue, but over the course of 15 seconds it dries out to a wonderfully restrained blue-grey.

I can only speak for the Navy which allows some colour to be washed away but leaves behind a visible, legible line. Another reason why I like this baby . . .

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_seitz_kreuznach_navy_water_test.jpg

Methinks it's time to procure a sample from Vijay to play with. Full strength as a black substitute, and diluted as a soft unsaturated grey. Perfect for winter!

Add lightness and simplicate.

• 4 months later...

Seitz-Kreuznach Navy Blue has done something rather special to my Visconti Homo Sapiens EF. :wub:

Oh it's beautiful.

What an incredible bang-for-buck ink.