The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Baoer 508

baoer 508 baoer sample

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 magnus919

magnus919

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2016 - 16:25

I just typed a lot of stuff about this pen and my browser lost it. :-/

On to the important stuff. I'll come back to write more about it (again) when I have some more time.

MZLVlTE.jpg?1

e03zupP.jpg

Magnus | Raleigh, NC [USA] | @Magnus919TerraMagnus

Sponsored Content

#2 Ian the Jock

Ian the Jock

Education is important...But fountain pens are importanter

• Remembered Fondly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Location:Cumbernauld (Numb n cauld), West Central Scotland (the cold damp bit)
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2016 - 16:31

The 508 is a great pen Magnus.
I had a lovely polished blue one, but my brother in law was interested in getting into fps and he chose the 508 when I offered him a pen from my pile.
He has been well impressed with it, and it's his daily writer....whoohoo another convert.

I'll need to be getting myself a replacement.

Ian

It’s a well kent fact that Scotland (The Land Of The Rising Water) has the most beautiful, picturesque, colourful, history laden landscape in the world.

It’s just a shame that you can only look at it through a rain soaked car window.

Every cloud though,  If there was no rain, there’d be no RAINBOWS.

My top tip:-

If you are walking the dog through mountain bike country.....don't wear headphones.

#3 magnus919

magnus919

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2016 - 16:49

My tastes have been running towards finer nibs so now every time I look at a Chinese pen anymore, I'm starting to mentally add the cost of a fine (or even EF) nib upgrade to it. Since I don't like the feel of this one in my hand, I'm not going to upgrade it. I'll keep it around for those who get curious about FP's as one I don't mind giving away.

Now I just need to find a fine nib upgrade for Chinese pens that I enjoy as much as JoWo's.

Magnus | Raleigh, NC [USA] | @Magnus919TerraMagnus

#4 sanyalsoumitra

sanyalsoumitra

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2016 - 20:54

I have  most of the Baoer models. Baoer , Duke and Picasso's are pens that come with great nibs though Baoers are the most cost effective of these three. Absolutely no hit or miss with Baoers all models are excellent writers.

\

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baoer 508, baoer, sample

Sponsored Content

|