The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ranga Zeal - Group Buy International

ranga zeal ranga handmade pens group buy premium ebonite ebonite made in india indian pen handmade demonstrator zeal

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#161 jay.is.here

jay.is.here

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:40

@sandburger this pen is looking gorgeous.

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.” 
Osho

Sponsored Content

#162 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,775 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:20

I came late to the Ranga Zeal.  When I first saw the group buy, I didn't take to the look of the clear acrylic barrel, but then I saw the photos of the acrylic in the matte finish!  I was too late to join the group buy, but Mr. Kandan was kind enough to offer the same terms to me.  It arrived just a few days ago.

I've come to love bakul ebonite pens.  Classic black bakul is a favorite, but I also love my bakul brown ripple Ranga 4CS.  For my Zeal, I decided to go for the burgundy (pink)/black ripple in the bakul finish:

fpn_1464627737__ranga_zeal_capped-1000.j

The pen is resting on a Ranga acrylic thick dip pen which Mr. Kandan was kind enough to have made with a modified grip section.  On the Zeal, I installed a 40mm Ambitious nib I got through last year's group buy.

fpn_1464638092__ranga_zeal_uncapped-1000

The lighting in the photos shows off the pattern a bit more than in ordinary light, but overall I am very pleased with my Zeal!  Good thing I came back to this thread to see how beautiful the matte acrylic could be. 

Mark, aka sandburger

This is amazing... beautiful pictures...

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#163 Leeuwenhoek

Leeuwenhoek

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2016 - 16:10

Great photos, this is still my favourite Indian fountain pen and has been used almost daily since I received it several months ago. The combination of acrylic and ebonite is a work of art.

#164 mpkandan

mpkandan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:14

I came late to the Ranga Zeal.  When I first saw the group buy, I didn't take to the look of the clear acrylic barrel, but then I saw the photos of the acrylic in the matte finish!  I was too late to join the group buy, but Mr. Kandan was kind enough to offer the same terms to me.  It arrived just a few days ago.

I've come to love bakul ebonite pens.  Classic black bakul is a favorite, but I also love my bakul brown ripple Ranga 4CS.  For my Zeal, I decided to go for the burgundy (pink)/black ripple in the bakul finish:

fpn_1464627737__ranga_zeal_capped-1000.j

The pen is resting on a Ranga acrylic thick dip pen which Mr. Kandan was kind enough to have made with a modified grip section.  On the Zeal, I installed a 40mm Ambitious nib I got through last year's group buy.

fpn_1464638092__ranga_zeal_uncapped-1000

The lighting in the photos shows off the pattern a bit more than in ordinary light, but overall I am very pleased with my Zeal!  Good thing I came back to this thread to see how beautiful the matte acrylic could be. 

Mark, aka sandburger

Dear Mr. Mark Sir,

Great Pictures and Great Words. Glad that you are enjoying this pen.

REgards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ranga zeal, ranga handmade pens, group buy, premium ebonite, ebonite, made in india, indian pen, handmade, demonstrator, zeal

Sponsored Content

|