Homo Sapien Dark Age!

PenBoutique

Hi Pen Crew,

We are excited to tell you Visconti is launching the newest pen the Homo Sapien Dark Age! The pens look fantastic!

Special Features:

· 23kt dream touch nib with ruthenium plating

· Black pvd trim

· Power filler and other details

Here are the item codes:

#59190- The Dark Fountain pen Over size: (offered in XF, F, M, B, Stub)

#58990- Fountain pen midi size (offered in F,M, B)

#59290- Rollerball

#59390- Ballpoint

#59490- Pencil

The pens will be available and ship out on March 11th. We are taking pre-orders for the pens, so be the first to receive them. If you have any questions or would like more information Please let us know.

Phone 1800-263-2736 or 410-992-3272

Email Support@penboutique.com

post-23001-0-43906900-1454094854_thumb.png

post-23001-0-10761300-1454094864.png

post-23001-0-30654600-1454094876_thumb.png

Pen Boutique
Pen Boutique on facebook!
Blog

Pen Boutique on Instagram!

Columbia, Maryland, USA (Opp. to The Mall in Columbia)

"FPN Rocks!!! It also gives you extra 5% at our store with coupon code: FPNROCKS" Exlcusive for FPN members only

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenBoutique

• Mulrich

• mirosc

• wascallyrabbit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice look for this pen! I like!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

There´s no accounting for taste!

Sorry, but I do not like this pen (Edit: only the appearance)

I like my both original HS with different nib sizes and

with its patina at the bronze and the contrast to it´s lava resin.

From my point of view, there must be an eye-catcher at a nice pen.

And if all is black or gray......that is for me boring.

My two cents worth...............

Is this not a amazing looking pen, isn´t it?

....instead of "black in black"

fpn_1454150735__image2.jpg

Greetings

Thomas

Edited by thott

ugh.

It would be more interesting to see another great fountain pen idea from Visconti instead of milking the same old cow over and over again. I'm starting to wonder when they are going to present the pink Svarovski-Edition - I think they haven't addressed the girlie target group yet with the HS.

;)

Edited by mirosc

Greetings,

Michael

ugh.

It would be more interesting to see another great fountain pen idea from Visconti instead of milking the same old cow over and over again. I'm starting to wonder when they are going to present the pink Svarovski-Edition - I think they haven't addressed the girlie target group yet with the HS.

;)

Like this?

fpn_1454178346__delete.jpg

I think I agree with some of the other sentiments above, I like the HS line but I'm not overwhelmed by this one. The contrast with the bronze or steel is more appealing to me. I wish they had released an improved version of the existing HS (New Visconti Pen) rather than a new trim.

Edited by Mulrich

I'm one who insists on knowing how much ink I have left in my pen, so the Stilograph Corsani Anniversary edition is my fave. If they found an elegant way to add an ink window to the Bronze Age I'd be all over it.

fpn_1454188129__corsani-90-open_14097357

Visconti has come out with many new editions. I think they received such a great response with the HS line they had to bring it back another time with new trim.

As a fun exercise, everyone post their ideas for a new pen design or style. We will pass along the best received ideas to our distributor.

Pen Boutique
Pen Boutique on facebook!
Blog

Pen Boutique on Instagram!

Columbia, Maryland, USA (Opp. to The Mall in Columbia)

"FPN Rocks!!! It also gives you extra 5% at our store with coupon code: FPNROCKS" Exlcusive for FPN members only

To me, it's ugly. I also wonder about the durability of the plating. They've had a couple issues in the past.

That said, the HS Bronze is part of my permanent collection. That EF nib is a delight to write with.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

I haven't seen the Dark Age in person yet, in my hands,....but based on the images I have seen I don't like it...I REALLY DO like the original Maxi Bronze...it is one of my all time favorites....I even klike the Maxi Steel better than the look of the Dark Age.

Seems like Visconti is trying to get too many bites from the same Apple. (so to speak)

Just my 2 cents..

I think it's a handsome pen, but too masculine with its all-black "clothes" for my feminine tastes (I AM female, after all :-) ). I'm not into that ninja/he-man faux military/technical pen thing, I'm afraid. Usually. I have seen ONE like that that I like, and it's only $45. That nib sure is pretty, though!

Every Visconti I've ever seen has been over my budget, price-wise, too. I refuse to spend $1K+ for any pen.

I'm just going to have to admire it from a distance, I guess :-).

"In the end, only kindness matters."

I'm conflicted.. I love stealth style pens, and the Dark Ages is stunning in its own right. But the Bronze Age is more beautiful, and I agree with sentiment already expressed that the marriage of bronze & Mt Etna lava is just exquisite. I do feel though that it's not so much a 'milking the cow' exercise as a typical line expansion. It doesn't seem superfluous, but a fun extension of a very popular line that also meets a popular theme in the 'stealth' black-on-black styling.

I love it. The Bronze Age is more beautiful, but I do love Dark Ages too and will likely purchase both. Eventually!

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

Visconti has come out with many new editions. I think they received such a great response with the HS line they had to bring it back another time with new trim.

As a fun exercise, everyone post their ideas for a new pen design or style. We will pass along the best received ideas to our distributor.

i think they should make a celluloid HS like the one above maybe in some other colors as well. i know the one above is limited to 90 as it was a special edition so the likely hood of getting one is pretty slim.

Honestly, I like the look of the Dark Age, from the photos I have seen thus far. And seeing as today is my birthday, I've been browsing all those wonderful shinies I can't afford to get myself, including the Bronze Age and the Dark Age. Aesthetically, the contrast of the bronze is more apparent, but I like the subtle contrast of the metallic black against the basaltic resin. It's understated but still classy enough I'd carry it to a wedding or funeral. Just my opinion.

Well, there's another trim option for the HS! Hopefully they don't discontinue any of the other two popular options. Being a flagship level pen from Visconti, I think, it is quite natural that they would make a few variants every one in a while. They made the Florentine Hills and Crystal HS, which were based on the same design. Most manufacturers do such things, Montblanc does it, Omas does it, Aurora does it, Pelikan does it to name a few. Hey, if it works for the manufacturer, they should do it. In my opinion, it is better to see a pen company regularly make different pens (new models or variants of existing designs) than go out of business!

There will always be people who are waiting with bated breaths for that one variant of a popular pen and when it finally shows up, they buy it. Others may not care. But it doesn't matter as long as the maker sells what they predicted they would and makes some profit. The bottom line is, to each his own!

Edited by s_t_e_v_e