The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Never Let People Who Don't Use Fountain Pens, Use Your Fountain Pen

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 DasKaltblut

DasKaltblut

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 00:28

The thought of officially issued German ballpoints just makes me crack up. Everything in order! :)

I've never had anyone try to take a pen out of my hand, but every time I've proffered my FP to someone they've refused, saying they can't write with a FP.

Sponsored Content

#122 DasKaltblut

DasKaltblut

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 00:28

Double post, sorry!

Edited by DasKaltblut, 07 December 2017 - 00:31.

#123 Brandywine

Brandywine

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:50

@ Das Kaltblut:

I did not mean "state approved" or "government issue" ballpoints in my post!

It's just so that we are provided with document proof ballpoints from the office.

I am a civil servant, otherwise I might have said "my company" or "my boss".

English is not my native language, so maybe I chose the wrong words.

The only "official" about these pens is the ISO-standard for document-proof pens.

Since almost all ballpoints available are ISO-standard,

the pens they give us are as cheap as possible (as can be expected from Government),

so most of us prefer commercial gift ballpoints that probably have the same refill mine in it,

but look and feel much better when writing.

Some even use private pens that they actually paid for! :yikes:

#124 DasKaltblut

DasKaltblut

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:06

@ Das Kaltblut:

It's just so that we are provided with document proof ballpoints from the office.

You didn't chose the wrong words, I understood that you meant - pens issued by the entity that you work for, so that they will all meet a standard. I get it. I once worked for a company that took inventory of the number of paper clips that you used, and you were issued only a certain number per year. :D

#125 aeba

aeba

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:43

Offtopic:

@ Das Kaltblut:

The only "official" about these pens is the ISO-standard for document-proof pens.

Since almost all ballpoints available are ISO-standard,

the pens they give us are as cheap as possible (as can be expected from Government),

so most of us prefer commercial gift ballpoints that probably have the same refill mine in it,

but look and feel much better when writing.

Some even use private pens that they actually paid for! :yikes:

(Font size edit is mine)

Ehm. That isn't quite true. "Most" (pulled that from my hat) ballpoint refills conform to ISO 12757-1, which is the dimensions and shape part (for example what is known as "Parker G2"). ISO 12757-2 is the archival part, and quite many refills do not officially conform to it. However many of the usual ballpoint pens sold for office use are archival quality (for example Bic Cristal, and some of Lyreco pens). If you lurk around here, mostly the inks subforum, you'll find many opinions that most ballpoint pens are not archival quality. Your mileage will vary...

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

#126 KellyMcJ

KellyMcJ

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 December 2017 - 13:12

Offtopic:
(Font size edit is mine)

Ehm. That isn't quite true. "Most" (pulled that from my hat) ballpoint refills conform to ISO 12757-1, which is the dimensions and shape part (for example what is known as "Parker G2"). ISO 12757-2 is the archival part, and quite many refills do not officially conform to it. However many of the usual ballpoint pens sold for office use are archival quality (for example Bic Cristal, and some of Lyreco pens). If you lurk around here, mostly the inks subforum, you'll find many opinions that most ballpoint pens are not archival quality. Your mileage will vary...

People are under the impression that ballpoints are indelible. Since they vanish with contact with alcohol I BEG to differ. They are however waterproof.

Archival is something else and I really don't know the answer to that one.

Sponsored Content

|