Do You Like Printed Page Number In Your Notebook?

amastronardi

Do you like printed page number in your notebook?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Lined page

2. 2. Blank page

I'm curious about your preference about numbered pages in you notebook.

Cheers,

AM

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amastronardi

• zwack

• rafapa

• lacie

Yes. I like them so much I add my own numbers when they're not there--and they're usually not there in what I buy. I like numbers because I always have the fanciful idea I'm going to create a magnificent, thorough index to my notebooks to be able to find all the important things I write. That never comes out quite as well as planned, but I still like numbers for that (potential) reason.

And I tend to like graph paper, then lined, and rarely blank.

(I think I may have misunderstood what you were getting at in your poll. Is it do you like numbers on lined or blank pages? Or just do you like lined or blank pages?. Probably the former, but on first read I voted as if it was the latter.)

Edited by mwpannell

My ritual when starting a notebook includes adding page numbers. I don't know how to fill the poll because I only use dotted and squared paper.

I voted ‘Yes’ to both.

But having paper that is FP-friendly is more important to me.
I have yet to find a notebook with FP-friendly paper AND numbered pages :(

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

I am using dot grid at the moment. Numbers are handy particularly if you are doing something like bullet journalling. I am using a Leuchtturm 1917 at the moment which has index pages and numbering.

My ritual when starting a notebook includes adding page numbers. I don't know how to fill the poll because I only use dotted and squared paper.

Sorry for not adding dotted and squared in the pool :-s

I like numbered pages, but actually don't know if I like them printed: I add my own, it's part of taking possession of the notebook and starting to use it. Writing on every page before actually using the notebook... sort of increasing the pleasure of anticipation. If the pages come numbered I won't have that pleasure...

As to lined etc, I prefer blank but don't mind most of the others, except grid: I will only use a gridded page if the grid is very light-colored.

So I think in your poll I will say No to both questions. I write my own numbers, usually in the upper right corner, but other options have been seen as well...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

And your preference would be?

Also do you prefer Arabic, Roman, or some other characters?

Duodecimal. I use my own characters which are slightly modified arabic numerals in my notebooks because I like that I'm the only one who can understand it at a glance (it would be very quick for someone else to work out though).

Otherwise Arabic numerals with the addition of inverted 2's for 10 and 3's for 11 as it seems to be the commonly accepted notation.

I'm only just paying around with getting into duodecimal at the moment so don't ask me anything too complicated, I mostly use it for time and date stuff for fun.

I prefer to write my own numbers when I want numbers. For my journal, the page numbers are continuing and sequential through disparate volumes, from February 1994 forward, now at page 4,176. Somebody else's page numbers would be confusing and unwanted. For subject notebooks I typically put a table of contents up front and I prefer to use lowercase Roman numerals for those pages.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

. I am using a Leuchtturm 1917 at the moment which has index pages and numbering.

After trying I don't know how many different notebooks, I'm using large Leuchtturm 1917 dot grid hardcovers. They're awesome!

Ink has something in common with both money and manure. It's only useful if it's spread around.

I am using a Leuchtturm 1917 in A5 - dot grid pages. If it didn't have the numbers I would put put my own numbers. That is the way Red n Black is - lined, unnumbered. I don't normally use unlined pages in a notebook. If I do use an unlined book, it will probably to sketch in or something. I have some Rhodia pads (blank, dot pad, graph) and those types of things I don't want numbers. I use them mostly for letters.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I prefer blank pages but they're harder to come by for some reason. So my current journals are by Miquelrius (the big honking 300 page ones) and I just squeeze in two lines of writing for each line. As for page numbers, I don't use them. My journals are "write and forget" so I don't need page numbers. But if they're there I wouldn't particularly care one way or the other.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Theoretically I'd prefer pre-numbered pages, but not at the expense of other features. For example, paper quality would be more important to me than numbered pages. Also, of course, the aesthetics of the notebook would come into play as well.

Theoretically I'd prefer pre-numbered pages, but not at the expense of other features. For example, paper quality would be more important to me than numbered pages....

That rulle out Leuchtturm Master series. The 100gms paper is not able to cope with fountain pen inks (at least in the 3 from different vendors I have)

No numbers for me. It would compromise flexibility e.g. occasionally I tear out a page, use a double-page spread, stick things in that would cover pre-printed numbers or even rotate book to change the format. I don't do anything as formal as a contents page either; numbering would be just a hinderance for me.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I often think I would like page numbers in my journals but none of mine come with them and I'm too lazy to write them in (esp in the TR journal I'm using right now!). I did try to keep an index once but eventually realized my writing style doesn't really lend itself to indexing. LOL!