Jules Squid Pen From Drago Pens Via Winedoc

jd50ae

Wait--duck! Oh, no, that was just a piece of the sky falling.

No - someone just threw a peice of calamari. . .

from the east I think. . . :D

John

Edited by Johnny Appleseed

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jd50ae

• Dan Carmell

• KCat

• winedoc

As I sit here trying to decide whether to write the Greatest American Novel "The Squid Diary’s" or a dissertation "The Doctrine of the Squid: Peace in our time", I am reminded that some folks, such as Kurt, will never come to understand the pleasure of the Squid and the thoughtful insights that emanate from its majestic and serene beauty from just holding it. :cloud9: Such a pity.

Edited by jd50ae

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

JD - First off, congrats again on the pen, and having such a wonderful silly person!

What about Parker Penman Sapphire ink? A truly wonderful ink for a spectular pen.

Lastly, I would really to try it out, how about sending it over for a trial run? Cheers! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill

Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.

Winston Churchill

I am reminded that some folks, such as Kurt, will never come to understand the pleasure of the Squid and the thoughtful insights that emanate from its majestic and serene beauty from just holding it. :cloud9: Such a pity.

Enjoy your pen but please don't patronize me. :

Kurt, I am not sure, but I think that was jd gloating, not jd patronizing. Or maybe he was trying to get your goat -- and succeeding. :roller1:

(The day my wife spends thirty-five hunnert smackers on anything for me but a funeral you will see Old Nick cavorting in his long johns in Hell. But I am soooo not jealous ... yeah, right.)

I am reminded that some folks, such as Kurt, will never come to understand the pleasure of the Squid and the thoughtful insights that emanate from its majestic and serene beauty from just holding it. :cloud9: Such a pity.

Enjoy your pen but please don't patronize me. :

Kurt, I am not sure, but I think that was jd gloating, not jd patronizing. Or maybe he was trying to get your goat -- and succeeding. :roller1:

:(I

Kurt

:( I am sure he was just kidding, or playing about as he does often. He is taking a nap right now, perhaps I should go poke him and ask him.

Holly Elizabeth Owens

ChaeyAhne

www.chaeyahne.com

www.heartofthewildsanctuary.org

Enchanted Quills on ETSY

Heart of the Wild American Senior Mustang Sanctuary & Advocate

I have stated my opinion of the pen but others seem to be making judgements about me, pens are one thing people should be another.

I'm certainly not. I mean - I can't get why not everyone adores Pelikans. But I won't hold it against them. :)

I am leery of bashing a particular pen because people do often associate their tastes with their value as a person. In a way, the way you feel you're being judged for not liking it is little different from how Jules fans feel for liking it.

I've been treated like cr*p by women dressed to the nines in a grocery store because I must, for my health, wear clothing that looks rather sloppy. I'm quite sure they judged me by my "taste" in apparel. That was hurtful at first. So when someone shows off a pen they own or will own or just plain lust over, I'm not going to be terribly negative. With something as special as a pen like this (cost, unique serial number, the gift-er) there can be a deep enough attachment that it's rather like someone calling your child ugly. For the maker of the pen, all the more so. Imagine if you'd posted a picture of your Mardi Gras costume that you spent so much time and energy on and I'd said "That's hideous!" Do you think you would not have been offended by that? Seriously, I'm asking because if you wouldn't be then I commend you for your control. I'd have been thoroughly p.o.'d.

I've been known to say "well, it's not of interest to me but it's nice that you like it" or something equally mealy-mouthed. Mealy-mouthing has its place in our society, especially on the 'net where facial expressions are absent and emoticons can only help so much. I didn't read JD's post as patronizing at all. Teasing, yes. But not patronizing.

I'd be very hurt if someone told me Ming was an ugly dog or my needlework was horrible. Sort of that thing a lot of us grew up with - "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Guess that stuck with me.

Anyway - I certainly don't think that because you don't like the Jules, you're any less of a person or somehow lacking in taste or sense. I'm sure people think I'm nuts for loving that silly Graphyscaph (sp?) from Lepine. Even I don't know why I like it exactly. Maybe growing up reading 20,000 LUtS. If I bought one, I probably wouldn't tell anyone. :embarrassed_smile:

So - don't sweat it, please. After all, you have a passing appreciation for Pelikans and that balances it out, IMO. :lol:

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

KCat, when you mentioned the old thing about "If you can say something nice..." I thought of the high-falutin' way a French philosopher put it:

"Hypocrisy is a tribute that vice pays to virtue."

Someone else called hypocrisy the lubricant in the gears of society.

grins, Dan

Enjoy your pen but please don't patronize me. :huh: this is the second time in a thread someone said that I can't appreciate or understand the pen. Just because I don't like a pen does not mean I can not appreciate it aestetically.

I have stated my opinion of the pen but others seem to be making judgements about me, pens are one thing people should be another.

Yes I will never understand the pleasure of that pen because it costs about 2-3 times as much as my entire pen collection costs.

I do not have the money available to buy one, actually in a month I wouldn't have enough to buy one of them.

So great that you you can buy and 'appreciate" it but don't tear me down because I can not.

Kurt

It was a joke Kurt. We can't afford it either since the freakin tornado, but my wife went out on a limb to make me happy. I lost hundreds of pens and everything I owned. How can you possibly not see that it was a joke. You do not like the Squid, you have said on these pages, you would not have one. I was making fun of that. IT WAS A JOKE KURT.My wife pokes me out of a much needed sound sleep to tell me someone was upset with a post of mine and I see this. I can't believe anyone would take what I wrote as anything but a joke. I am too old to take the time to patronize anybody.

Edited by jd50ae

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

Enjoy your pen but please don't patronize me. :huh: this is the second time in a thread someone said that I can't appreciate or understand the pen. Just because I don't like a pen does not mean I can not appreciate it aestetically.

Yes I will never understand the pleasure of that pen because it costs about 2-3 times as much as my entire pen collection costs.

I do not have the money available to buy one, actually in a month I wouldn't have enough to buy one of them.

So great that you you can buy and 'appreciate" it but don't tear me down because I can not.

Kurt

[/size]IT WAS A JOKE KURT.

*crosses her arms* JD, no need to yell. You might get poked again. :P

Holly Elizabeth Owens

ChaeyAhne

www.chaeyahne.com

www.heartofthewildsanctuary.org

Enchanted Quills on ETSY

Heart of the Wild American Senior Mustang Sanctuary & Advocate

grins, Dan

well, I sure have my fun hypocritical moments. Hubby calls me on it - gently. Well, he just chuckles and I know why. I get annoyed at the t.v. and radio "personalities" that rant. Even when I agree with them. But on any given day in my household you will hear at least one rant about things from as minor as stupid t.v. commercials to war and all of humanity. :P

I'm also prone to calling celebs bad names and criticizing their clothing. :rolleyes: Fortunately, they can't hear me and even if they could they'd just laugh and remind me that they have millions of dollars to pay for those hideous clothes while I must "get by" on part of the salary of a mere engineer. <_<

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Ok, I'll bite: what is "Drago Pens" and where can I see more of them? I do a little jewelry making on the side and this Squid pen has me intrigued.

Ho hum, back to this exquisitely different pen, I'm with Inky whose question, as far as I'm aware, was overlooked .... is there anywhere on the www we can go to see more, similar, same artist etc etc. Would love to know the brand name and read up on the wonderous creation. Cheers

Edited by Dizzy Di

For a hearty laugh and to see an unbelievablly smart, talking African Grey parrot in action, go here http://youtube.com/watch?v=lSDFzg8_Wfg

Dizzy Di--

I did respond to the question, but it got lost in the fray! The pen maker is actually called Dragon, just Dragon, and it is a husband and wife team making pens fulltime. Until they get their website up, further info is best gotten through Kevin Cheng, our own winedoc, who is an authorized dealer for Dragon.

Dan

Wow, lots of activities here.

Here is a pic for JD with blue eyes to match the pen body...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/winedoc/Squid-Pen-Blue-Saphire.jpg

The bottom line is we can't all like the same thing, same food, same car or same woman :o, or we are in trouble.

There is criticism, and there is constructive criticism. And, let's all be careful when commenting on other folks tastes, both for and against (this is a very general principle, and not target at anyone)... or what confucious said "Don't do to others what you don't want them to do to you." or something like that :lol: All this Confucious is very confusing :lol:

Kev

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Ok, after gnashing of teeth I decided on American Blue from Private Reserve.

After polishing, holding and staring forever I finally put pen to paper.

I am not a techy so this will be short and to the point.

Beautiful JD! Reminescent of the Nautilus being attacked by the squid.

Is that a transluscent body? Enjoy.

Chihiro- How did you know my name was Chihiro?

Haku- I have known you since you were very small.

KCat, when you mentioned the old thing about "If you can say something nice..." I thought of the high-falutin' way a French philosopher put it:

"Hypocrisy is a tribute that vice pays to virtue."

grins, Dan

I haven't seen the film, but there's a line in "Steel Magnolias" that goes along the lines of

"if you can't saying anything nice... come sit by me!" :lol: :lol:

Congratulations on the Squid pen, JD! I'd love to see one in person.... :)

Edited by Maja

Maja--

I think that line may go way back to Mae West. But then Bette Midler is her modern day reincarnation!

Dan

Edited by Dan Carmell

How could I have been so blind, the Jules is the best pen that has ever been created, probably the most ergonomic pen ever conceived and the most beautiful pen available at such a reasonable price. It is the acme of what a writing implement should be, well balanced and proportioned such that everyone wil find it comfortable to hold. I am amazed that the manufacturer can keep up with all the demand as the craftmanship is beyond anything I have ever seen in a pen or piece of fine art.

Is that more like it ;)

I whole heartedly (Sarcastically) agree with everything you said!

:sick: :sick: :sick:

I love it when the friends of the manufacturers and when the pen seller get on to defend it from other's personal opinions!

Oh, and on a more objective (and non-hipocritical!) basis, I hear that Dragon already has a waiting list, aka, they are already selling them faster than they can make them!

Dan

Dan, people here can make up their own minds whether they like the pen or not. For JD's pen, I have to wait 3 weeks before I can deliver the pen. So, no publicity is bad publicity I guess. For all the folks posted so far, we know who likes the pen and who doesn't, and so far there are more folks who like the pen.

Jeff and Joyce are both our friends, and if someone here have problem with that fact, that's fine. Of course, I am glad they are doing well. Why would a friend feel otherwise? I wish them continous success!

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Oh, and on a more objective (and non-hipocritical!) basis, I hear that Dragon already has a waiting list, aka, they are already selling them faster than they can make them!

Dan

Dan, people here can make up their own minds whether they like the pen or not. For JD's pen, I have to wait 3 weeks before I can deliver the pen. So, no publicity is bad publicity I guess. For all the folks posted so far, we know who likes the pen and who doesn't, and so far there are more folks who like the pen.

Jeff and Joyce are both our friends, and if someone here have problem with that fact, that's fine. Of course, I am glad they are doing well. Why would a friend feel otherwise? I wish them continous success!

Kevin

Kevin

I agree with you 100%. And since both Holly and I consider you a friend we wish you continued success in all you do.

JD and Holly

PS Dan, you never did say what SN you have. I have #1 you know.

Edited by jd50ae