Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• phaus

• Misfit

• Sasha Royale

No. They:

1. Are idiots, or

2. Think we're idiots, or

3. Attached the wrong photos to the auction.

Maybe the lead vanishes with its metal tube? Somebody's idea of a VP who isn't aware it is the name of a fountain pen?

Wrong box?

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Looks like an excellent "accountant's" pencil from a past era.

It is worth whatever the seller can get some collector to pay. :rolleyes:

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I sent a message to the seller pointing out that Pilot Vanishing Point is a fountain pen only to get a reply saying I made an inaccurate unnecessary assumption and "please educate yourself before making any comments at all towards anyone other yourself.".

So consider me educated.

This is just funny!

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

Sailor King of Pens "M" nib running Van Dieman's Heemskerch and Zeehaen

In fairness it is listed under pencils -> mechanical. I notice the seller is in "Kew Gardens, New York" - if I were to message them and pointed out that Kew Gardens is in London, it'd be just as true but equally as irrelevant in this instance. For myself, I shall take the education and thank the gods I don't have a pencil monkey on my back as well as an FP one - $185?! Zoicks.

I sent a message to the seller pointing out that Pilot Vanishing Point is a fountain pen only to get a reply saying I made an inaccurate unnecessary assumption and "please educate yourself before making any comments at all towards anyone other yourself.".

So consider me educated.

it is still a capless so I guess arguing about it is a moot point? I looked into Pilot's website and said to myself is it really a capless... I guess the "vintage" should have led me to a clue already cause yeah it is a vintage capless since the newer mechanical pencil capless doesnt certainly look like it

http://i.imgur.com/x8yrCEV.jpg

this is how the modern capless mechanical pencil looks like almost the same can be said of the BP just a different head

Edited by Algester

In fairness it is listed under pencils -> mechanical. I notice the seller is in "Kew Gardens, New York" - if I were to message them and pointed out that Kew Gardens is in London, it'd be just as true but equally as irrelevant in this instance. For myself, I shall take the education and thank the gods I don't have a pencil monkey on my back as well as an FP one - $185?! Zoicks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kew_Gardens,_Queens

Apparently the Americans imported a Kew Gardens into Queens. I suppose colonial settlers weren't terrifically inventive with their names.

However... He says it 0.05mm. Wow... The lowest I would go for a mechanical pencil is 0.3mm. I can see why its so expensive! No one else has a 0.05mm pencil!

round-letter-exc.png

Yes, and should be described as a Vanishing Point Pencil.

As someone already mentioned, it is listed in the mechanical pencil section. Regardless, if Pilot makes mechanical pencils and fountain pens named "Vanishing Points", referring to either of them as such is perfectly valid. Most of the folks around here like fountain pens, however, that doesn't mean they automatically take precedence over a pencil.

As someone already mentioned, it is listed in the mechanical pencil section. Regardless, if Pilot makes mechanical pencils and fountain pens named "Vanishing Points", referring to either of them as such is perfectly valid. Most of the folks around here like fountain pens, however, that doesn't mean they automatically take precedence over a pencil.

Agreed. But Pilot has made a Vanishing Point pen for many decades and a Vanishing Point pencil only for a short period. I was simply suggesting that the best way to sell the item would be to identify it fully in the listing title. Neither are items that I would be interested in bidding on, own several VP pens and almost never use them and owned, may even still have, the VP pencil. But it too has not been used in decades.

I have a VP pencil (somewhere) and am willing to part with it for only $184.79 plus two tickets to the Super Bowl.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

So consider me educated.

You are wrong on that. Pilot made Vanishing points in BP, GP and lead pencil. But that is not a VP lead pencil. Closer look it's actually the VP pencil.

Just image the FP VP with different tips for the rest.

(No affiliation to Amazon or their subsidiaries) But here: http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Vanishing-Collection-Rhodium-60423/dp/B001J66KH6

Also the seller is listed it under pencils so it's fine. Just be we see VP as FP doesn't mean its only FPs.

#Nope

As to the price, whatever the market will bear; can't blame one for trying.

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

• 2 weeks later...

As to the price, whatever the market will bear; can't blame one for trying.

He isn't trying to gouge anyone, that's about what those pencils sell for. There isn't anything inherently less valuable about pencils. Some people actually prefer them.