This Saturday, January 30! - Pppc In Berkeley

markh

I. Next PPPC meeting

II. Dues are due

III. Los Angeles Pen Show

I. === Next meeting

The next Pan Pacific Pen Club meeting will be

Saturday, January 30, 11:00 – 2:00

at the North Branch of the Berkeley library.

1170 The Alameda, Berkeley, CA 94707

https://goo.gl/maps/Yu7PwFEQ5B32

Meeting topics:

1. We could always use more help in organizing the club. Any volunteers?

2. Suggestions on increasing membership.

3. Suggestions (and volunteers) on activities at the L.A. Pen Show to get more members (see below.)

4. Should we have a reservation system (and someone who volunteers to help out) to try and

reduce buying too much food.

II. === Dues are due…

Dues are due. Club dues are $30/year. The dues pay for renting space, and for food at meetings.

NEWS – we now have an official Pen Club checking account!

Checks should be made out to Pan Pacific Pen Club.

You can give Todd (treasurer) a check at the next meeting, or mail it to:

Todd Eberspacher

PO Box 455

Millbrae CA 94030

III. === Los Angeles International Pen Show

The Los Angeles Pen Show is approaching, President’s Day Weekend (Feb 11-14)

http://www.lainternationalpenshow.com/

The L.A. show is one of the largest I the country. If you’ve never been, think of a club meeting, only 20 times larger.

Should the club do anything to attract new members at the L.A. show?? PPPC member Ricky Chau is now a member of the PCA board of directors, and may have some ideas how the two organizations can work together to increase our membership.

Other ideas are: including a PPPC information sheet in the show registration packet, members wearing a special badge, or putting something on their table, to promote the club.

Bring your ideas to the meeting…

===

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Jan 30 in Berkeley,

Mark (club secretary – announcements and addresses)

pppc@marketfire.com

and

Todd (club treasurer - $$)

eberspacher@gmail.com

"Bad spelling, like bad grammar, is an offense against society."

- - Good Form Letter Writing, by Arthur Wentworth Eaton, B.A. (Harvard);  © 1890

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• ac12

• markh

• terim

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to say I'll be missing this ppp c meeting. Michael Sull is teaching a 3 day Spencerian class this weekend ( also in Berkeley).

Hope you all have a great meeting

It was a great meeting/mini-pen show.

I bought a few more pens than I had planned, including a couple nice green vintage Sheaffers, and a mandarin Parker desk pen. I'm happy.

You guys in the SF Bay Area really should come to the PPPC meeting/mini-pen show.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

It was a great meeting/mini-pen show.

I bought a few more pens than I had planned, including a couple nice green vintage Sheaffers, and a mandarin Parker desk pen. I'm happy.

You guys in the SF Bay Area really should come to the PPPC meeting/mini-pen show.

I think you stole those green pens!

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I think you stole those green pens!

Thank you Doug.

Now I need to find the correct nib for the mandarin desk pen. What do I ask Ron at 5-Star-Pens for?

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Thank you Doug.

Now I need to find the correct nib for the mandarin desk pen. What do I ask Ron at 5-Star-Pens for?

Rob and Rita. You just buy a Duofold Jr and harvest one. About the same price as a bare nib.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.