Tekker Customizable Inks...

by78

Agreed. The inks are darker than they appear on a computer screen, so keeping that in mind as you order might be helpful. But as jmccarty3 says, considering how much you get for the price, experimentation can be fun!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmccarty3

• mhguda

• pfactorial

• KateGladstone

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am curious how long everyone had waited for their ink to come?And will tekker send in an email before they ship?

I have been waiting on my two bottles for ever month and am becoming anxious...

Mine took a long time to reach me, and the second time (because they reshipped, because of a problem with the first package) they did not email me in advance. They were overwhelmed by the interest, I think, and so probably running behind. You can email them to ask about your shipment though, they are pretty good at responding to email. Good luck! One thing I can say: it's worth the wait... I'm very happy with my inks.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Mine took a long time to reach me, and the second time (because they reshipped, because of a problem with the first package) they did not email me in advance. They were overwhelmed by the interest, I think, and so probably running behind. You can email them to ask about your shipment though, they are pretty good at responding to email. Good luck! One thing I can say: it's worth the wait... I'm very happy with my inks.

The email is tekkerink@tekkerink.com, right? I emailed them but never got a reply. That is what got me concerned. Thanks for the information though!

That or prestonfactorialzhou@gmail.com but if they're traveling (or have exams?) don't count on them reacting very fast. But you will get a reply. Otherwise try their PM here; their userid here is pfactorial.

Good luck! and please update us when this gets resolved.

That or prestonfactorialzhou@gmail.com but if they're traveling (or have exams?) don't count on them reacting very fast. But you will get a reply. Otherwise try their PM here; their userid here is pfactorial.

Good luck! and please update us when this gets resolved.

Thanks for the info! I'll give an update as soon as I get my ink!

I've created and ordered an ink this very day. It's kind of frightening how easy it seems.

• 3 weeks later...

I've created and ordered an ink this very day. It's kind of frightening how easy it seems.

Hi sidthecat,

Just curious, have you received your ink yet?

Hello guys,

a not-so-pleasant update about my order.

Tekker replied June 2nd saying that my order is going to arrive soon and it was late because it was confused with someone else's order. So I said thank you and waited and waited, and I still have not received my ink yet. I sent another email last week and received no reply.

Honestly I'm a little upset with this experience right now. I don't know if I still want these inks anymore :(

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Not quite but there were unpleasant moments. In my case I was one of those that ordered early. I ordered three bottles, in two colors. They were uncertain about their ability to make at least one of them, and told me so; I replied I'd accept the risk. As a token of appreciation they promised me an extra bottle, in a color of my choice (I said surprise me, and they did!). So now I had four bottles coming. And they did - at my remailer's, and the package was a complete mess. One of the bottles broke, and leaked all over. The remailer refused to send it on to me, and I wrote to Tekker and sent them pictures of the whole disaster.

They accepted responsibility and promised they would resend the bottles, better packed and in two packages, and absorb all the costs.

And then, the waiting started. I waited. And waited. A long time. I emailed them several times, at first getting no reply, then a short reply saying they were very busy but my inks had been remixed and would be sent out shortly. Then, nothing, for weeks... Eventually, two packages of two bottles each did indeed arrive at the remailer and this time they were in good condition, and I'm very happy with the inks, all three colors. But yes, the communication was less than stellar. and I think partly that is because the response from their market (i.e., us!) probably overwhelmed them.

I'd do it again, even with all the hassle, though: I love those inks. Especially the near copy of PPS. In fact, I call it Tekker Penman Sapphire. And it is a very well-behaved ink, too.

Not quite but there were unpleasant moments. In my case I was one of those that ordered early. I ordered three bottles, in two colors. They were uncertain about their ability to make at least one of them, and told me so; I replied I'd accept the risk. As a token of appreciation they promised me an extra bottle, in a color of my choice (I said surprise me, and they did!). So now I had four bottles coming. And they did - at my remailer's, and the package was a complete mess. One of the bottles broke, and leaked all over. The remailer refused to send it on to me, and I wrote to Tekker and sent them pictures of the whole disaster.

They accepted responsibility and promised they would resend the bottles, better packed and in two packages, and absorb all the costs.

And then, the waiting started. I waited. And waited. A long time. I emailed them several times, at first getting no reply, then a short reply saying they were very busy but my inks had been remixed and would be sent out shortly. Then, nothing, for weeks... Eventually, two packages of two bottles each did indeed arrive at the remailer and this time they were in good condition, and I'm very happy with the inks, all three colors. But yes, the communication was less than stellar. and I think partly that is because the response from their market (i.e., us!) probably overwhelmed them.

I'd do it again, even with all the hassle, though: I love those inks. Especially the near copy of PPS. In fact, I call it Tekker Penman Sapphire. And it is a very well-behaved ink, too.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

I really understand that it may be an overwhelming experience for them and I did expect a long wait from the moment I made the purchase. But I guess the communication part really falls short. If I were receiving updates, even if I have to wait for three months or more, I would not have been so upset.

I really hope you will get your inks, and shortly. Hopefully by then the quality of the ink will make it (almost) worth the wait... in the meantime, for what it's worth, yes I think mine (in the end!) indeed took about three months, from first order to having the undamaged replacement package in my hands here. So yes, it takes a while, but I think you will eventually receive them. For their own sake, I hope they do communicate afterwards, with all of us who had some communication trouble, in order to clear the debris, so to speak - otherwise it may become doubtful that there will be repeat customers, even though the inks are very nice, and the price very reasonable.

What's the hex code for your PPS copy?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

My experience with Tekker inks has been that they are quite a bit darker than you would expect. If you are trying to duplicate an ink that shades, take your sample from the lighter area. My attempt at a PPS clone (#124083) is a delightful dark blue, but looks nothing like PPS. The ink is very wet and does not shade at all. It's a gusher in a medium Pelikan M1000 nib.

My experience with Tekker inks has been that they are quite a bit darker than you would expect. If you are trying to duplicate an ink that shades, take your sample from the lighter area. My attempt at a PPS clone (#124083) is a delightful dark blue, but looks nothing like PPS. The ink is very wet and does not shade at all. It's a gusher in a medium Pelikan M1000 nib.

That sounds like MY kind of blue... :wub: :wub: ....Any pics?

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Mine got to me in 2 weeks on the dot, replicating Red Wings red- it's a touch light when wet, but when it dries, it matches the jerseys I have perfectly.

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

That sounds like MY kind of blue... :wub: :wub: ....Any pics?

C.

Will try to take some when the light gets better outside.

A quick and dirty iPhone pic:

fpn_1466950932__tekker124083.jpg

A quick and dirty iPhone pic:

fpn_1466950932__tekker124083.jpg

As you said totally a different blue.

I think a better way will be to send them a sample of PPS and tell them to duplicate it.

Best regards.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

What's the hex code for your PPS copy?

Sorry to be a little late to reply, and no picture (yet). The code I used is #2E3982. Will try to show what it looks like. To my mind, and after almost finishing my 3ml sample of the real stuff, is that it's very close.