The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pepperpaper: Made My Own Pocket Notes (Wider Than Field Notes)

field notes pocket notes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Isay

Isay

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:19

I'm a heavy notetaker, so I can burn through 6 Field Notes a month. I decided to save cash by making my own. With the help of my craft knife, printer, stapler, and Futura font in my computer, here's my personalized set of pocket notes. I use locally available Elias paper, which is very FP friendly and even shows off sheen.

443ace2194b9a1b9be8cdef027331860.jpg

273118eddb072c50e43485a5198b4355.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 jimhughes

jimhughes

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 20:14

Isay: Beautiful and innovative design. Wonderful craftspersonship. Would you, please, consider , making some for my personal use. I'm willing to pay you for your time, materials, shipping etc. Please contact me with your thoughts, BC. Jim

#3 porcupen

porcupen

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2016 - 20:21

Those are lovely! Great work :)

#4 Isay

Isay

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2016 - 00:21

Those are lovely! Great work :)

Thanks, I am glad you like them!

Isay: Beautiful and innovative design. Wonderful craftspersonship. Would you, please, consider , making some for my personal use. I'm willing to pay you for your time, materials, shipping etc. Please contact me with your thoughts, BC. Jim

Thank you very much, Jim! It means a lot to me that others like my work. I've sent you a PM/email with my response.

-Isay

#5 inkandseeds

inkandseeds

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:20

Really nice work.  Congratulations on your work and your inspiration.

dave

#6 Dickkooty2

Dickkooty2

That Dick in Hood River

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:18

An interesting selection of cover illustrations! Of particular interest (at least to me) is the middle drawing from The Little Prince written and illustrated by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.

Here's an article about him and the book with 10 more illustrations from a show at the Morgan Library several years ago.

https://brainpicking...1&id=179ffa2629

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: field notes, pocket notes

Sponsored Content

|