Help Me Fill The Gaps In My Ink Collection

fehefarx

Noodlers should be researched as some have their quirks.

You can say that again, but I'm sure OP is already accustomed. They have the Baystate Blue...! :yikes:

"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• fehefarx

• Alexcat

• AndyYNWA

I'm inclined to agree with AndyYNWA. The Sailor Jentle Four Seasons line is a must have and all 8 bottles can be purchased from this Rakuten Seller for $59.12 + shipping--what a steal! Both Sailor Nano Sei-boku and Sailor Nano Kiwa-guro are a must as well.

Perhaps 5 more bottles of Iroshizuku? The same Rakuten seller sells 5 for $54.04+ shipping.

Get your self some KWZ Ink and Callifolio (L'Artisan Pastellier) ink. Nice thing about Callifolio, it's also sold in pouches for $3 off the regular selling price. Not only that, but in pouches the shipping will be much less with out the added weight of glass! Both are great, affordable lines which can be found at Vanness (they now provide international shipping).

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Amber,

for a moment I thought YOU had started this topic...gave me a laugh, since if there's one person on the face of the earth who does NOT have a gap in their collection that person would be you...

best,

Tim

LOL. If I have any gaps, I'm really trying to fill them. I'm sure I need more Sailor inks and I think I want a bunch more Noodler's and I know I want more KWZI.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

From your list it appears you've made a pretty good start.

I'll add a few more that haven't already been recommended:

Diamine: Tyrian Purple. Terra Cotta, Emerald, Turquoise, and Eclipse.

Noodler's 54th Massachusetts, Liberty's Elysium and El Lawrence.

R&K: Documentus Hellblau.

And has anyone pointed you at any specific De Atramentis inks yet? If not, look at Silver Grey and (if you don't mind scented inks) Red Roses.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Looks like you might want to take a look at either William Shakespeare or Johann Sebastian Bach from De Atramentis for a brownish, purplish burgundy. Looks great on both Tomoe River or even a more absorbent 25% cotton stationery paper.

I'm inclined to agree with AndyYNWA. The Sailor Jentle Four Seasons line is a must have and all 8 bottles can be purchased from this Rakuten Seller for $59.12 + shipping--what a steal! Both Sailor Nano Sei-boku and Sailor Nano Kiwa-guro are a must as well.

Perhaps 5 more bottles of Iroshizuku? The same Rakuten seller sells 5 for $54.04+ shipping.

Get your self some KWZ Ink and Callifolio (L'Artisan Pastellier) ink. Nice thing about Callifolio, it's also sold in pouches for $3 off the regular selling price. Not only that, but in pouches the shipping will be much less with out the added weight of glass! Both are great, affordable lines which can be found at Vanness (they now provide international shipping).

Thanks! Have you ever bought from the Ratuken seller for the Sailor inks before? I'm a bit wary of some online sellers...

Thanks! Have you ever bought from the Ratuken seller for the Sailor inks before? I'm a bit wary of some online sellers...

Komamono Honpo, which haruka337 are linking to on Rakuten, are no problem to deal with.

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Komamono Honpo, which haruka337 are linking to on Rakuten, are no problem to deal with.

No, except, I'm pretty sure they tried to take my paycheck. ;)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Don't mean to thread jack.

I have only recently discovered Sailor Jentle Blue and like its flow properties a lot ( I find the color itself a bit boring but endure it because it's so smooth ). I'd like to get a few more colors but didn't think Jentle came in any thing but blue, black, and blue/black. Can you point me to an online seller which carries more colors of Jentle?

I'm not talking about the Storia ink which seems to be Sailor's answer to Iroshizuku, but Sailor Jentle Ink.

Thanks

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Don't mean to thread jack.

I have only recently discovered Sailor Jentle Blue and like its flow properties a lot ( I find the color itself a bit boring but endure it because it's so smooth ). I'd like to get a few more colors but didn't think Jentle came in any thing but blue, black, and blue/black. Can you point me to an online seller which carries more colors of Jentle?

I'm not talking about the Storia ink which seems to be Sailor's answer to Iroshizuku, but Sailor Jentle Ink.

Thanks

Storia are Sailor's coloured pigmented inks, they are not equivalent to Iroshizuku. Sailor's Seasons inks are more equal to Iroshizuku, but not really...

Here is a link to a package of all Jentle Seasons inks. http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/komamono-honpo/item/km-set-13-1005/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_en

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Yes and I've no complaints. :)

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Thanks for the link Andy.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

Hi Fehefarx...

I'm a big fan of the Diamine manufactured Deep Dark inks that Cult Pens (UK) sells...i.e. Deep Dark Brown, Deep Dark Blue, etc.

Also consider the new Australian ink series by Blackstone..."Colours of Australia"... all well saturated, well behaved and very reasonably priced.

Agree, re. the a Diamine Deep Darks, esp. the D.D. Orange, and Red

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

J. Herbin Poussiére de Lune

Graf von Faber Castell - Moss Green

Pelikan Edelstein Amethyst

Poussiere de Lune.....gorgeous colour, gorgeous name(makes me think of Mooncats)

Alex

"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

Yes and I've no complaints. :)

OT, but just to say I love your avatar....I have two Exotic boys, Spock and a Data, and they have those sweet big baby faces...

Alex

Noodler's is my primary ink purveyor of choice, so I'll continue the list of Noodler's that are both already listed or my personal recommendations. Those I've bolded would be what I would recommend if you have to restrict yourself to 3 purchases.

Black Swan in Australian Roses (violet with pink undertones that shades towards black)

Black Swan in English Roses (pink-brown) -- no personal experience

Liberty's Elysium -- Fantastic blue! Very vibrant, some say it's the closest available to the Holy Grail of Parker Penman Sapphire

Red-Black -- A great shading "deep dark" type ink, though for me it tends to smudge even when dry

Apache Sunset -- I'm not overly impressed with AS, actually. It's dry, it's not water resistant, and I'm not a huge fan of the color. But, to each her own.

Navajo Turquoise -- A lovely shading blue!

54th Massachusetts -- A blue/grey/black or a blue/green/grey/black depending on the bottle you get. My bottle washes off of hands surprisingly easily. Completely bulletproof.

Antietam -- No personal experience, but it's on my "to buy" list for a nice red.

North African Violet -- No personal experience, but it's on my "to buy" list. Beware of staining in demonstrators.

Kiowa Pecan -- No personal experience, but it's on my "to buy" list. Shading brown with water resistance.

General of the Armies -- Goes on blue, dries green (or vice versa?) No experience but interesting.

Habanero -- On my "to buy" list to replace Apache Sunset. Nice orange.

Lexington Grey -- Nice shady gray. Bulletproof. Feathers a little on cheaper paper.

Samantha Wilding - She/Her

Owner, Wilding Leather

Handcrafted Leather Writing Accessories

wildingleather.com

howlforfpn.jpg.47093baedd24ddf347395f0535911675.jpg      tangledantlersforfpn.jpg.c941ac36a4dd251dce9724be97255547.jpg   monsteraforfpn.jpg.fe496936918a19c6221b8e79f974b793.jpg

I have more to post because I realized you don't have a single De Atramentis ink and you are missing out on some great stuff.

A few of my favorites:

Sailor:

Yama-dori

Souten

Noodler's:

Kiowa Pecan

Private Reserve:

American Blue or DC Supershow Blue depending on your taste

Diamine:

Ancient Copper

J. Herbin:

Bleu Azure