The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Incowrimo 2016

incowrimo snail mail letters correspondence pen pal

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 richila

richila

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2016 - 14:20

I've been writing this month but since it's my first year, I'm not quite sure what I should be writing about. What do you guys write about? (Especially to strangers)

I look for anything that I might have in common with the person. On this forum that is easy, fountain pens. I tell my story and ask for theirs.

Sponsored Content

#62 richila

richila

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2016 - 20:31

Woo Hoo! All the envelopes for my notecards are addressed!!! I am using different ink for other stationery and one letter will be folded and wax sealed. I made a list of all my addresses according to what hobbies we share. So it will be a lot easier to decide what to talk about.

#63 sharonspens

sharonspens

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:06

Day 4. Mailed a letter each of the first three days and two postcards today. Trying to stay on track to mail something each day instead of several things at once. woo hoo to me! 

Richila, you are very organized!

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

#64 AAAndrew

AAAndrew

(Not so) Wee Timorous Beastie

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:10

I've got two to do tomorrow, but I suspect I'll catch up tomorrow and Saturday and maybe make a dent in next week.

Tonight my wife and I had homework from my son's fourth-grade teacher. She wants the parents to decorate their childrens' valentines card. The kids each made a card, and the parents are supposed to write something and decorate the card. My over-achieving wife went a bit over-board and we ended up writing haikus and I spent the whole night cutting out hearts and figuring out how to calligraph the haikus onto the small hearts while she decorated the card with bling. 

Tomorrow will be letter time. And Saturday. 

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

#65 webgeckos

webgeckos

The Goodest Twin

• Member - Gold

• 2,630 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:50

I'm in, on letter 10

#66 richila

richila

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2016 - 18:52

I have 10 written and 8 mailed, so far. Best of all, I got my fist letter!

#67 ItsMeDave

ItsMeDave

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2016 - 23:25

This is my first year, I know it's early in the month, but I've managed a letter a day.

#68 alaskazimm

alaskazimm

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:56

I'm two behind at the moment. I was up all night jail guarding last night and planned on getting some letters done only to find out I didn't bring my stationary to write letters  :angry: . Looks like tomorrow after the Super Bowl will be the time to catch up . . . 

#69 Oldparkerguy

Oldparkerguy

inkster

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:00

I'm now guessing that since it still hasn't been updated, it probably won't be...  :unsure:

The fp geeks site has a google doc. Going where you can put a bit of profile and address stuff on to get things rolling.
Look at recent posts, INCOWRIMO and I think the third page has a link.

Dana

postcard-mini.png         fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20res       

#70 sharonspens

sharonspens

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,856 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:49

Didn't mail anything today, obviously, since mail in the States doesn't go out on Sundays. However, I did write a couple of notecards during the Super Bowl, and they are sealed, stamped and ready to go tomorrow morning. I seem to be on track here at the end of Week 1!

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

#71 richila

richila

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2016 - 17:19

Woo Hoo! I just finished off my first book of stamps! Three letters were International, so that helped a lot.

#72 richila

richila

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2016 - 17:19

Woo Hoo! I just finished off my first book of stamps! Three letters were International, so that helped a lot.

Question : How do you decide who next to write?

Edited by richila, 08 February 2016 - 19:37.

#73 aworldofsnailmail

aworldofsnailmail

Perhaps

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2016 - 20:42

Stick some names in a hat and pull one out?! 

I blog at http://correspondenc...blogspot.co.uk/ on correspondence and stamps and such. I also have a snailmail forum

Participating in InCoWriMo-2019.

Best wishes

Mia

#74 Alexandria_jae

Alexandria_jae

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:22

Finished writing and addressing all my letters, but I need to buy more stamps so I'll hopefully get them all out tomorrow!
If anyone else would like to exchange addresses,I'd love to write you!

Edited by Alexandria_jae, 09 February 2016 - 04:22.

#75 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• 2,559 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:32

I had to write 4 on Sunday to get back on track. I got today's letter done. All have been mailed. Three were thank you notes to places I visited in 2014. The last was a letter to one of my regular pen pals.

I might write to friends I see regularly. I've tried to pique their interest in fountain pens. I gave them Pilot Varsity fountain pens. None have asked about FPs though. Still a letter to friends might be fun for them to receive. I think I'll text them to see if they have a black light. If so I can used Noodler's ghost blue "invisible" ink.

Edited because I typed o instead of I.

Edited by Misfit, 09 February 2016 - 06:36.

Posted Image

#76 webgeckos

webgeckos

The Goodest Twin

• Member - Gold

• 2,630 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:22

I'm at 16 and three boxes that contained letters and ink samples.

#77 Rhincodon

Rhincodon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 17:53

This is the first time I ever heard of InCoWriMo, and I wanted to try but have only done three letters so far. I would love a chance to write to anyone! I tend to do stream-of-consciousness babble in my letters, but would probably talk about pens, ink, or whatever else is on my mind. I have a whole sheet of stamps I haven't used in years, so I am ready.

I'll come up with something eventually.

#78 gordyt

gordyt

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2016 - 18:00

This is the first time I ever heard of InCoWriMo, and I wanted to try but have only done three letters so far. I would love a chance to write to anyone! I tend to do stream-of-consciousness babble in my letters, but would probably talk about pens, ink, or whatever else is on my mind. I have a whole sheet of stamps I haven't used in years, so I am ready.

There are a bunch of people listed in this shared google spreadsheet  that was started from a thread on the FPGeeks forum.  I'm in there (gordyt) and will send reply letters to anyone who writes.

#79 richila

richila

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2016 - 20:27

Lol, the combination of fountain pens and multiple books of forever stamps that I haven't used made writing a letter a day very alluring.

#80 Rhincodon

Rhincodon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:04

There are a bunch of people listed in this shared google spreadsheet  that was started from a thread on the FPGeeks forum.  I'm in there (gordyt) and will send reply letters to anyone who writes.

Lovely! I did find that when I Googled for addresses, but wasn't sure if it would be acceptable to write to those people without being part of FPGeeks. I will take advantage of that list. :)

I'll come up with something eventually.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: incowrimo, snail mail, letters, correspondence, pen pal

Sponsored Content

|