Hero Wing Sung 659 Questions - Baoer & Hero Suggestions, Too!

AndWhoDisguisedAs

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have any information on this fountain pen from China - HERO Wing 659 fountain pen.

I just purchased one on eBay. It came with two nibs - F and Extra Fine. And as a lover of cheapo fountain pens, I like it. I am curious though if it accepts any ink cartridges. On some sites, it says the fountain pen uses standard international, but that is not the case. I'd appreciate any info on this pen.

I'm also considering picking up an inexpensive Baoer and Hero fountain pen and suggestions are very welcomed.

Thanks again.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flounder

• truthpil

• AndWhoDisguisedAs

• dcwaites

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've asked one of the eBay sellers what kind of carts it takes, as for quite a while I was interesting in finding the standard international cart 78gs briefly sold in Europe. It's also cool that the colour range includes steel nib + steel/chrome clip.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

I don't know of any Chinese pens that don't use standard international cartridges.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've asked one of the eBay sellers what kind of carts it takes, as for quite a while I was interesting in finding the standard international cart 78gs briefly sold in Europe. It's also cool that the colour range includes steel nib + steel/chrome clip.

"It has a special cartridges." :lol:

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Hope you both let us know how you like or don't like the pen and nibs when you get them. I don't especially like the nib choices offered, but I do like demonstrators. :)

Here is a link - not sure if it is the exact one the OP was referring to, but as there was no link provided, at least you can see the pen in question: 2015 New Hero Wing Sung 659

Holly

Edited by OakIris

I bought a bunch Baoer 3035's quite a few years ago. Everyone that got one from me loved it and I still have one in my collection that writes beautifully. I would certainly recommend one to anyone that asked.

For reference, it's the second pen from the right in this photo:

10655271_10208732335769391_5569846597965

It looks as though Y C Guo has bought out some old Wing Sung stock (he has a lot of pens from before the factory was closed, about 20 years ago). That probably put him in the front running when the brand was revived (probably by Hero?).

Granny Aching

Mine arrived today from ycpens (under 3 weeks?). Other than the gold band between the section and barrel and a twist converter (looks like Pilot fitting) this could have come from the same production line as my 78g's. I would bet that Hero/WingSung have the original tools and that these are produced with them. The nibs seem very like the Pilot (havent tried swapping them yet) caps and barrels are interchangeable ..

Further examination reveals the finish of the release line around the cap rim is not as well gone as on my 76g's nor is the finish of the injection points at the end of the barrel and top of the cap.

Edited by GeneralSynopsis

--“Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
Giordano Bruno

Can also report that the nib and feed are interchangeable with those from a Pilot 78g.

--“Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
Giordano Bruno

... I'm also considering picking up an inexpensive Baoer and Hero fountain pen and suggestions are very welcomed ...

I can recommend the Baoer 388. It's an inexpensive Chinese pen in a very Parker Sonnet-ish sort of a way if you get my meaning ... :)

I have one and I'm very happy with it.

Andy sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled ...

(With apologies to Andrew Barton "Banjo" Paterson)

Can also report that the nib and feed are interchangeable with those from a Pilot 78g.

I have ordered a transparent set. First because I want a nice see-through pen. Second because I want to see if I can get a nice F or EF nib on my Prera.

Granny Aching

I have ordered a transparent set. First because I want a nice see-through pen. Second because I want to see if I can get a nice F or EF nib on my Prera.

How do you like your Prera?

I can recommend the Baoer 388. It's an inexpensive Chinese pen in a very Parker Sonnet-ish sort of a way if you get my meaning ... :)

I have one and I'm very happy with it.

I'm watching several 388's on eBay. I'm generally finding I like Fine nibs, especially from foreign manufacturers. What are you using?