The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Is It Normal For Lamy's Le Colors To Still Be Sold More Than A Year After Its Production Run?

lamy lamy safari coral neon coral le limited edition lamy limited edition ebay jetpens

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 missphoenix

missphoenix

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:18

Hello, Lamy newbie here. I wanted to get a Safari and saw the Neon Coral is still available on eBay for around $25 from different sellers. That seems a little strange, since the Coral was a 2014 LE and I figured there'd be none left to sell in 2016. I bought one there anyway, but I'm already suspicious that it may be a fake.

However, JetPens is also still selling it, in Medium only, for $28.50, and they're an authorized retailer. Again, we're talking about a 2014 Limited Edition here. Has anybody happened to see something like this before?

Amy C. 

My FP/Calligraphy blog: inkynibby

As of January 2016, still searching for the elusive light, slim EDC! 

Sponsored Content

#2 PDW

PDW

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:56

I picked up a couple of LE al-Stars from 2013 before at a small stationery shop in Paris last year. They were just sitting in the window, and they were a little dusty so nobody else seemed to have noticed for a while. I actually felt sorry for the poor things ...

#3 mariom

mariom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:24

"Limited" production doesn't mean a small run. Lots are made, and they stay on sale till all are gone. However, there's still only one production run.

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================

#4 jdllizard

jdllizard

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:32

I'm sure it's more common with colors that didn't sell well. Maybe the Neon Coral just wasn't a big seller, so there's still a few around even this long after the initial release?
John L

#5 ink-syringe

ink-syringe

foo

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:25

Lamy limiteds are either 1) sometimes more limited than others 2) vary wildly in sales success. 

I see some limited sell out very quickly and some painfully slow. Copper Orange sold out here much faster than Neon Coral, which I know can be purchased still in 2 or 3 places, all legit.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

#6 shea2812

shea2812

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:41

I just bought a Lamy Safari Charcoal Black from an outlet in the city near me yesterday.  They told me that they like to stock more of them better colors knowing that they will sell better.  They is holding cost involve so they sell them at RRP which is what I had to pay for my charcoal.

#7 missphoenix

missphoenix

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:52

Thank you all! Your replies were all really informative. We'll see how my Safari fares in authenticity after this Friday when the package arrives--if it's a fake, then I suppose it's Jetpens time :D

Amy C. 

My FP/Calligraphy blog: inkynibby

As of January 2016, still searching for the elusive light, slim EDC! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, lamy safari, coral, neon coral, le, limited edition, lamy limited edition, ebay, jetpens

Sponsored Content

|