Any Hidden Gems In Respect To Notebook Covers Out There?

hej

I've been considering buying a kokuyo systemic notebook cover a5 because of their affordability basically (I'm new to buying notebooks and fpens), but am also looking for an alternative.

Filofax flex seems neat, but they're double the price of the kokuyo and are tough for me to find here in canada for some reason.

Know of any other ones??

I'm basically going to be using apica cd11's, midori colored paper, tsubami fools, and kukyo campus notebooks,

so I need something that will fit these comefortably & will lie flat.

I suppsoe I could simply buy some leather and just make a basic one? but i'm not very crafty, so.... letear :*(( </3333333333

Let me know!! also, let me kno what you think of the kokuyo sys a5s if you have one!! (i like the solid black version)

Thx!

Edited by hej

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hej

• mwpannell

• sakayume

• emstardeluxe

I really like the look of esplanade london on etsy's Harris Tweed covers, and the Herz/Porco Rosso leather ones on Rakuten. I don't own either of them though, and neither are what I'd consider affordable. :P Also if I were after an A5 notebook cover I'd also look at the hobonichi covers, though if your notebooks are the thinner type the fit might not be so good?

Oh! Midori MD also does a goat leather cover. I've seen it on the Wonderpens blog and it looks lovely. :D

Edited by candide

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

I really like the look of esplanade london on etsy's Harris Tweed covers, and the Herz/Porco Rosso leather ones on Rakuten. I don't own either of them though, and neither are what I'd consider affordable. :P Also if I were after an A5 notebook cover I'd also look at the hobonichi covers, though if your notebooks are the thinner type the fit might not be so good?

thanks for the input.

hobonichi looks to be pretty pricey as well! hmm

honestly, i'm trying to find a cute budget cover, that's why im leaning towards kokuyo

filofax flex is like 55 bucks with shipping here on ebay (canada), so that'd be the absolute most i'd be willing to pay i think.

thx again!

I think muji has/had denim tag notebook covers. I've never seen them in my local muji though.

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

I think muji has/had denim tag notebook covers. I've never seen them in my local muji though.

ah yeah i tried to look for these a few days back but didn't have much successs i don't think

thx for reminding me, though

Edited by hej

sighs, that muji denim cover would have been perfect :(((

looks like it was/is only like 7-10 bucks.

cant seem to find one period

sighssssssssssss

the a5 maruman mnemosyne padholder looks pretty nice, plasticy, but nice.

same price as the an a5 kokuyo systemic

hmmmm

maybe ill just cut up my a5 notebooks into midori traveler's notebook size and get one of those instead xD

Sadly the denim tag range looks like it has been retired. Best value notebook cover I have ever seen. Luckily I snaffled a few before they sold out and they are just fantastic. There are so many covers around now. One of the main criteria is your budget. can spend from a few dollars to several hundred or even thousand. I'm a big fan of the gfeller covers and recently bought the Herz cover from Nanami paper which I really like. So many covers - so little time (and money).

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I'm always bashing on about LIHITLAB Smart Fit Multifunction Cover. Amazon Canada have them and jet pens in USA. They are a perfect fit for Nanami Seven Seas but take any A5. Lots of lovely pockets and elastic closure. Durable but I think attractive as well. Have an olive green one and an orange one.

Sadly the denim tag range looks like it has been retired. Best value notebook cover I have ever seen. Luckily I snaffled a few before they sold out and they are just fantastic. There are so many covers around now. One of the main criteria is your budget. can spend from a few dollars to several hundred or even thousand. I'm a big fan of the gfeller covers and recently bought the Herz cover from Nanami paper which I really like. So many covers - so little time (and money).

:(((

i wish they'd bring em back

you should sell me one of your small handful :P hehe

I'm always bashing on about LIHITLAB Smart Fit Multifunction Cover. Amazon Canada have them and jet pens in USA. They are a perfect fit for Nanami Seven Seas but take any A5. Lots of lovely pockets and elastic closure. Durable but I think attractive as well. Have an olive green one and an orange one.

cool thanks for the input!

im thinking about putting the money towards a midoriTN instead. im kinda enamored

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the kokuyo this year, the one that folds out tri-fold style. One month in and I'm pretty happy with it. I don't think it was designed for this but it works. I have a Midori MD planner/diary on the left and a Miquelrius 100-page notebook on the right. It holds both. It would have just held one of them fine. At first I had an Apica CD-11 (I think 11, it's their A5 size) and it worked fine. The Apica alone would have been swallowed up.

When I first got it, I though the cover material looked serviceable but worried it would get dirty and pick up bits of trash too easily. It is black. But that's not been a problem.

I think the gem out there may be the budget A5 cover Nanami/Seven Seas has. About $16 and it even worked great with the A5 Hobinichi Cousin I used last year. After a year on the thick Hobinichi it's a bit loose on the Midori MD notebook I have it on now, but it would have been perfect before the 2015 stretch.

It's fun looking, but hared to find the perfect cover it seems. All have pluses, all a minus or two. Even the expensive ones.

I'd say you;'re good with the kokuyo, but check out the Nanami A5 cover.

Not sure if you're still looking, but I got a custom leather midori style TN to fit field notes from Altguild on etsy. He can do whatever size you like. It's a Canadian shop so you won't get killed on exchange rate.

... I got a custom leather midori style TN to fit field notes from Altguild on etsy ...

Could we see it?

Shocking to read that 55$ for a Filofax Flex... My A5 Flex Lizard in Blackcurrant was 89$. Brought it locally, and have 27% VAT on it... :rolleyes:

Its getting one years old and its still looks like day one. Although the Filofax notebook isn't the best -politely saying- for fountain pens, but that's a good thin in it, I can easily change it to much better A5 notebook, for a fraction of the Flex notebook price.