The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Review: Kaweco Royal Blue

kaweco ink kaweco royal blue royal blue ink blue ink kaweco blue ink

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:45

This is Kaweco Royal Blue ink. I used it when I was reviewing the ART Sport Lapis because the ink goes nicely with that pen.

My Lapis wrote straight out of the box when fitted with the Royal Blue cartridge. I had no problems with hard starting or skipping. The flow was great from the start. I also found this ink lubricated the nib very well. 

It's a quick drying ink, but it doesn't feel dry to write with.

This ink isn't waterproof, but is quite water resistant. It doesn't stain fingers.

Royal Blue is a really attractive green shade that compares well against many popular similar royal blue types. It is a really well behaved ink and I can highly recommend it as a top quality ink.

You might still find some older bottles of Kaweco Royal Blue ink. The old and new inks are a very similar colour despite the cartridge pack colours being different. However, you can tell if you have one of the newer bottles or packs of cartridges because the name of the ink is now printed on the bottle labels or cartridge packs. Kaweco cartridges are also now impressed with the Kaweco brand name.

Kaweco ink is made in Austria. It is readily available in 30ml bottles or packs containing 6 standard international sized cartridges.

All new Kaweco pens come with a Royal Blue cartridge inside their barrels.

fpn_1453027347__kaweco_royal_blue1.jpgfpn_1453027370__kaweco_royal_blue2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Pensei

Pensei

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:19

Thanks for this review. I wasn't sure what ink came with the pen, and now I do. I agree that it is attractive. 

#3 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:32

Thanks for the review, very informative. It's neat to see other inks that are similar in reviews.
Posted Image

#4 Pens_n_Inks

Pens_n_Inks

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2016 - 17:22

great review.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kaweco ink, kaweco royal blue, royal blue ink, blue ink, kaweco blue ink

Sponsored Content

|