L'amant - Sailor Bung Box

visvamitra

Sailor is my favourite ink maker. Sadly their most interesting inks are available only in Japan or from internet retailers. There are few japanese shops famous for their wide and interesting range of Sailor inks. One of most well-known is Bung Box. A lot of people were taken by interesting bottles and intriguing colors. It seems however that recently many ink enthusiasts started to shy away from this line since Bung Box inks became much more bitterly expensive than other Sailor inks.

The line consists of quite a few colors. My list is incomplete and most of the names aren't translated well. If you have full list of BB inks and/or could gheklp me with correcting english names, help me sort this out :)

1. 4B Blue/Black
  2. BB Espresso
  3. Dandyism
  4. Emerald
  5. Enshu Black
  6. Fuyiyama Blue
  7. Hamanako Eel
  8. Imperial Purple
  9. Ink of the Witch
  10. L’Amant
  11. Luminous Green
  12. Melancholic Gray
  13. Mocha
  14. Music Black
  15. Nostalgia
  16. Oamezaki Sunset
  17. Omaezaki
  18. Omaezaki Blue
  19. Orange
  20. Pink
  21. Ruby
  22. Sapphire
  23. Silent Night
  24. Soleil
  25. Tears of Clown

Before I write few words about the ink allow me to start by saying thank you Tinnjapan for sending me samples of different Sailor inks.

L'Amant is amazing. Seriously. It's simply stunning.

Ink splash

fpn_1453014542__lamant_bungbox_is.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1453014619__lamant_bungbox_rk.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1453014564__lamant_bb_l_3.jpg

Color range

fpn_1453014571__lamant_bb_l_4.jpg

Tomoe River - Kaweco Sport Classic, eyedropper, B

fpn_1453014586__lamant_bb_tomoe_1.jpg

fpn_1453014593__lamant_bb_tomoe_2.jpg

fpn_1453014602__lamant_bb_tomoe_3.jpg

Leuchtturm1917, Pelikan M405, M nib

fpn_1453014551__lamant_bb_l_1.jpg

fpn_1453014557__lamant_bb_l_2.jpg

fpn_1453014577__lamant_bb_l_5.jpg

Edited by visvamitra

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• visvamitra

• Morbus Curiositas

• haruka337

This is gorgeous. I wish I'd bought some Bungbox last year before they got their amazon shop up and running again.

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

Hi Visva

Excellent review as always but that colour is THE perfect purple I believe

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

Btw

l'Amant is also the title of an autobiographic novel by Marguerite Dumas a French writer who lived in Vietnam during the french colonisation

Also a film was made based on the novel

It is called l'Amant but is also known as The lover

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

this is the ink that has been eluding me for quite a while.... this is purely divine

Bung Box L'Amant is currently available in Bung Box's Amazon Store (01/19/2016): Bung Box L'Amant

Draw back--more expensive in their Amazon store.

Email the people at Vanness and see what they can do. They do not have the color you want at the moment, but perhaps they can hold a bottle for you when it comes in, or at the very least, email you when a shipment arrives. I believe they now ship internationally.

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Oh my gosh! That purple is something else. Why does Sailor have to keep producing amazing inks?!

Worse yet -- why does Sailor have to keep producing amazing but *expensive* and hard to get inks?

:wallbash:

Thanks for the review. And not....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Here's what I think is interesting, check out how it fades:

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_780.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_780-F.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Bung Box L'Amant is currently available in Bung Box's Amazon Store (01/19/2016): Bung Box L'Amant

Email the people at Vanness and see what they can do. They do not have the color you want at the moment, but perhaps they can hold a bottle for you when it comes in, or at the very least, email you when a shipment arrives. I believe they now ship internationally.

Thank you

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Sadly its price plus shipping is a thank you, but no thanks. This is a really lovely purple, but in a simple Sailor bottle is a no way.

Diamond bottles are going for ridiculous prices right now, what's more, it's a nightmare to open most of the time--ink spilling is a bit of an issue

I'll take the jar bottles over the poorly designed faceted bottles any day. :P

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

• 1 year later...

Just got a hold of a bottle, and I tried it on Canson tracing paper. The vivid gold sheen is phenomenal!

fpn_1487363594__lamant-sheen.jpg