My latest ink is Diamine Kensington Blue
I'm reviewing two similar Diamine blue inks separately, this one, Kensington Blue, and Florida Blue. They are quite similar, but Kensington Blue is a more general blue, a more muted colour. I would call it an everyday blue ink.
Kensington Blue is a very good blue ink. It flowed beautifully while I was writing with it, and lubricated the nib so well that it wrote smoothly across the page. I really enjoyed writing with it. Although it felt nicely wet to write with, it was a quick drying ink.
- Although this isn't a waterproof ink, it shows good water resistance, as do many Diamine blue inks.
- Bearing in mind the paper I use is thick with a shiny surface, and I used a Lamy M nib, this ink only took 5 secs to dry. That's very quick on this paper.
- It flows through the pen very well and lubricates the nib very well. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
- It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles, 30ml plastic refill bottles or International sized cartridges.
- Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
- It's a reasonable price.