The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Review: Diamine Kensington Blue

diamine ink diamine blue ink diamine kensington blue blue inks kensington blue ink

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 17:05

My latest ink is Diamine Kensington Blue

I'm reviewing two similar Diamine blue inks separately, this one, Kensington Blue, and Florida Blue. They are quite similar, but Kensington Blue is a more general blue, a more muted colour. I would call it an everyday blue ink.

Kensington Blue is a very good blue ink. It flowed beautifully while I was writing with it, and lubricated the nib so well that it wrote smoothly across the page. I really enjoyed writing with it. Although it felt nicely wet to write with, it was a quick drying ink.

• Although this isn't a waterproof ink, it shows good water resistance, as do many Diamine blue inks.
  • Bearing in mind the paper I use is thick with a shiny surface, and I used a Lamy M nib, this ink only took 5 secs to dry. That's very quick on this paper.
  • It flows through the pen very well and lubricates the nib very well. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
  • It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles, 30ml plastic refill bottles or International sized cartridges.
  • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
  • It's a reasonable price.

fpn_1452963808__diamine_kensington_blue1fpn_1452963837__diamine_kensington_blue2

Sponsored Content

#2 Chumango

Chumango

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 23:44

It has been several years since I used mine but I recall a teal cast to it on some paper.

#3 dcwaites

dcwaites

DavidW

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,001 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2016 - 23:46

Yes, this is a nice ink. A little restrained, but that's what you would expect in an ink to be used in a palace. 

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

#4 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:59

Yes, this is a nice ink. A little restrained, but that's what you would expect in an ink to be used in a palace. 

Restrained: yes. :)  I wish I had bought of that word, rather than a 'standard every day blue ink'

There may be times when you want to write with a 'restrained' ink though.

I wonder if any of the current occupants of Kensington Palace use it? It would be interesting to know.....

#5 dcwaites

dcwaites

DavidW

• Member - Gold

• 7,001 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2016 - 18:33

I think they're Parker users. From the pictures others have mentioned, the Queen seems to have Quink on her writing desk.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

#6 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• 5,778 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2016 - 23:46

Originally names WES Kensington Blue, I believe. For the Writing Equipment Society - possibly a special 'anniversary' but I can't exactly remember.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

#7 tmenyc

tmenyc

Tim

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 00:05

I wonder if any of the current occupants of Kensington Palace use it? It would be interesting to know.....

Chrissy,

And, to make a point they would use Royal Blue?

Tim

Edited by tmenyc, 22 January 2016 - 00:06.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine ink, diamine blue ink, diamine kensington blue, blue inks, kensington blue ink

Sponsored Content

|