My latest ink is Diamine Florida Blue
I'm reviewing two similar Diamine blue inks separately, this one, Florida Blue, and Kensington Blue. They are quite similar, but Florida Blue is a brighter colour. It used to be known as Tropical Blue
Florida Blue is a very pleasant bright blue without being a turquoise type. It flowed beautifully while I was writing with it, and lubricated the nib so well that it wrote smoothly across the page. I really enjoyed writing with it.
- Although this isn't a waterproof ink, it shows good water resistance, as do many Diamine blue inks.
- Bearing in mind the paper I use is thick with a shiny surface, and I used a Lamy 1.1mm nib, this ink took 10-12 secs to dry. That's quick on this paper.
- It flows through the pen very well and lubricates the nib very well. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
- It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles, 30ml plastic refill bottles or International sized cartridges.
- Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
- It's a reasonable price.