The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Review: Diamine Florida Blue

diamine blue ink blue inks bright blue inks florida blue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 16:59

My latest ink is Diamine Florida Blue

I'm reviewing two similar Diamine blue inks separately, this one, Florida Blue, and Kensington Blue. They are quite similar, but Florida Blue is a brighter colour. It used to be known as Tropical Blue

Florida Blue is a very pleasant bright blue without being a turquoise type. It flowed beautifully while I was writing with it, and lubricated the nib so well that it wrote smoothly across the page. I really enjoyed writing with it. 

• Although this isn't a waterproof ink, it shows good water resistance, as do many Diamine blue inks.
  • Bearing in mind the paper I use is thick with a shiny surface, and I used a Lamy 1.1mm nib, this ink took 10-12 secs to dry. That's quick on this paper.
  • It flows through the pen very well and lubricates the nib very well. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
  • It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles, 30ml plastic refill bottles or International sized cartridges.
  • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
  • It's a reasonable price.

fpn_1452963302__diamine_florida_blue1.jpfpn_1452963319__diamine_florida_blue2.jp

Sponsored Content

#2 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• 12,434 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2016 - 14:01

Thanks for this review and that of the Kensington Blue, too! Excellent work. I sometims have difficulty telling them apart. But I do find the Florida as you say, brighter. And also greener and "more cheerful". The Kellington looks more like the Asa, both more majestic (oops, in general) and/or "conservative".

Ahh, well, never can have enough of these Diamines....

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#3 overwriter

overwriter

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2017 - 17:02

Thank you for the review. I have this ink and it is a good one. Well behaved and a great colour. I really dislike "drab" blues and this isn't one of them!

#4 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 18,032 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2017 - 17:25

Hmmm.  Haven't tried this one yet.  Maybe that order of Diamine Turquoise should be put on hold until I try this one....

Thanks for the review.  And not....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#5 drrusso

drrusso

Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:02

Hello!

Nice review. Nice ink. Thanks, Chrissy.
I have a bottle of Waterman's Florida Blue but, Diamine's Florida Blue is entirely different.

Just before reading your review I managed to place an order of kensington & oxford blue.

Will plan to include this ink in my next order.

Arvind.
Best regards, Arvind.

#6 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:53

You're welcome and I hope you enjoy it. Oxford Blue is also a really popular colour.  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine blue ink, blue inks, bright blue inks, florida blue

Sponsored Content

|