The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Italix Parson's Essential

italix parsons essential

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stanley Howler

Stanley Howler

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2016 - 19:25

Today I've joined the happy ranks of Italix Parson's Essential owners. What a pen for the money! And what a nice nib to write with, a fine italic that has exactly the line width and variation I was after. It is the right weight and girth for me and the quality of the finish is lovely (I have the black & gold model).

All in all, very pleased. It has made a bigger impression on me than the Pel 400nn I also received this week, though I do love my small familiy of birds to bits.

Edited by Stanley Howler, 13 January 2016 - 19:26.

Sponsored Content

#2 john74

john74

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 19:32

I agree. Got mine from Massdrop a few days ago, and I do think that you get a lot of pen for the money. 

#3 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2016 - 20:00

I agree. Got mine from Massdrop a few days ago, and I do think that you get a lot of pen for the money. 

And If I remember correctly is much cheaper to buy straight from Mr. Pen than Massdrop.. so yes, a whole bunch of pen for the money.  I have three, all with gorgeous exotic nibs (Broad Cursive Stub, Oblique B/BB and Broad Italic 1.3)   :D

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#4 Stanley Howler

Stanley Howler

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2016 - 20:29

Went straight through MrPen myself and had excellent, fast service as others have already reported, quick replies to the emails I sent to Peter Ford. Not sure what the price through massdrop would be.

#5 john74

john74

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 22:44

I paid $63 including shipping and taxes on Massdrop. Direct from Mr. Pen, the price of the pen ex-VAT + shipping would come to $62 at the current exchange rate.

#6 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2016 - 23:48

I paid $63 including shipping and taxes on Massdrop. Direct from Mr. Pen, the price of the pen ex-VAT + shipping would come to $62 at the current exchange rate.

I remember paying approx £30/each (set of three pens).. I might have had free shipping (cause I went over a threshold)... In any case, no wait, came straight from Uk in 3-4 days. 

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#7 pjford

pjford

Italix at MrPen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2016 - 15:16

For the record our prices for the Italix Parson's Essential has remained unchanged for all the years it has been on sale. MrPen

flowlittle.png                    www.mrpen.co.uk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: italix parsons essential

Sponsored Content

|