My First Filofax ! Help

mvaro2002

Hi everyone,

I recently stumbled over a Filofax and wondered that this product survived the technology wave.
I explored it a little bit and found the products offered by Filofax interesting and now I am considering on buying a 2016 Filofax.
I am aware that the paper is quite fountain pen unfriendly but nevertheless I would like to try if this product helps me to better organize my daily life.
I think the "Personal" or A5 sizes are a suitable size for everyday use.
Has anyone good experience and recommendations about a specific model?
I like the model called Malden, or The Original.
Moreover I would be interested to know what other accessories are recommended for Filofax.
In recent months, I often thought to buy a Midori Travellers notebook but with all the additional extensions and a pricey weekly 2016 calendar I struggle to purchase this product instead.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mvaro2002

• jmccarty3

• VivienR

• gmax

Look for Raymay fillers on the Jetpens web site. These are Tomoe River paper and will replace the Filofax paper with FP friendly paper. They make a variety of refills. Even though I don't use my Filofax as a calendar and address book any more, I still carry it to make notes. I also use the checkbook carrier. Mine is the Personal size.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• 2 weeks later...

The Raymay paper mentioned above is excellent, and the 100 page refill packs are pretty good value.

Filofax "cotton cream" paper is supposed to work well with fountain pens.

I've used all sizes of Filofax over the last thirty years, but always return to Personal size as the best choice for me, based on usability and size/weight.

For information on all things Filofax, take a look at philofaxy.blogspot.com

✒️ :happyberet:

Thanks,

My wife has a personal sized Saffiano and I feel it a little bit too small for me in regards of paper size, therefore I will stick to A5.

From the offered Models I like the Malden the most, however it is a little pricey but when you compare it to other full leather products out there it is priced quite good.

The only thing that bothers me is the big ring size. I only need the Calendar, my daily diary and here and there some temporary to do lists, no more.

I use Filofax Flex -Lizard Blackcurrant A5- , although I constantly rolling my eyes on a purple Boston A5, but I think its bit pricey, and probably would get less use than my Flex. I choose Flex because its relatively flat, even compare for Boston's 20mm rings. Well, the paper quality is terrible. So its better to look for another source for refills.

There are a few blog around, where you can find printable stuff for various size of Filofax. Its better not mentioning can be cheaper to print your own, if you not afraid from a little handwork. With that you can customize it to your own need. Changed Filofax notebook for a Clairefontaine A5 notebook, quality is way better price is third (at least where I brought).

Thx,

I ended up ordering The Original, A5, Navy Blue. The Boston would have been nice due to its small ring size but seems pricey and hard to find.

Now in regards of paper and accessories:

Which ones do you recommend?

I would like to utilize a ruled paper, not plain, not square,

you mention Claire Fontaine?

Raymay?

What else

Look for Raymay fillers on the Jetpens web site. These are Tomoe River paper and will replace the Filofax paper with FP friendly paper. They make a variety of refills. Even though I don't use my Filofax as a calendar and address book any more, I still carry it to make notes. I also use the checkbook carrier. Mine is the Personal size.

Hello, I need a little assistance, I haven't found a RayMay paper A5 ruled size on Jetpens, only personal size, however I did find it on Amazon: Is this the one you are talking about?:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DITM2K?colid=2V9W8JEEU43V3&coliid=I391BCE4I06ZVF&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

Hello, I need a little assistance, I haven't found a RayMay paper A5 ruled size on Jetpens, only personal size, however I did find it on Amazon: Is this the one you are talking about?:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DITM2K?colid=2V9W8JEEU43V3&coliid=I391BCE4I06ZVF&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

Yes, this is the right paper for your size FiloFax.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Thx,

I ended up ordering The Original, A5, Navy Blue. The Boston would have been nice due to its small ring size but seems pricey and hard to find.

Now in regards of paper and accessories:

Which ones do you recommend?

I would like to utilize a ruled paper, not plain, not square,

you mention Claire Fontaine?

Raymay?

What else

Yes, I mentioned, regarding to Folofax Flex, but you can easily print your own. Like you can check for a "few" samples in http://www.mylifeallinoneplace.com/.