• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• chromantic

• mallymal1

• praxim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still waiting on three from 2016 with no more planned. Three Aurora 88, semi-vintage to modern. The 1951 Nizzoli is soon to arrive. The others are likely to take a bit longer.

X

The only one still out there is my Montblanc Platinum 149 with OBBB nib from La Couronne du Comte. After that I will have to start saving money for the DC and Dallas shows.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

The one I buy next year.

All the best to you all.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I haven't made any recent purchases nor do I expect to until sometime after the first of the year. And no idea what the next one will be. Yet.

Good luck to those expecting arrivals shortly.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

A Parker Duofold with a squeeze filler, made in England from 1953 until some later year, though not much later. About five inches long. Newhaven nib marked "30 4" and thus not what was specified for that model, although I have every confidence that it fits the section.

I have lived all my life in the United States, but when I was a child I had Scots neighbors and for that and other reasons I seem to have great imaginative sympathy with the way people lived and thought in the scepter'd isle during the 1940s and 1950s and I suppose the early 1960s. When the Aerometric Duofolds were made.

In the sphere of graphic design my heart melts at the sight of a Penrose Annual, those being wonderful collections of English printed pages during long-ago decades.

I won't be around to post when I receive the pen next year, so might as well post it here. I have a Hakase tortoiseshell with buffalo horn on order which will arrive in December 2017.

post-127041-0-94855800-1482768679_thumb.jpg

Still waiting for my Nakaya Decapod in Heki Tamenuri since June 2016 from nibs dot com....-_- In fairness they only charge the card when they deliver but it's still a fair wait.

I'm waiting on a Faber-Castell E-Motion Pearwood Black broad nib fountain pen and a matching ballpoint. Got the set for my daily carries to work and they both were on sale. Needed a ballpoint as some documents I cannot use the FP on. Might add the mechanical pencil later. They look gorgeous. I have the E-motion Stealth and love it so this was an easy decision.

Keep your nose clean and your nib wet.

-Mullen88

Just ordered a Conid Minimalistica today. That will be my first of 2017 and my last for a while so the non-essential purchases funds can rebuild.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

Think I may now have a grail pen. If I could find an OMAS Ogiva Alba at a decent price (and an unmodified nib). I suspect it will be a real grail pen, and require woolly jumpers in the under world for a decent one to appear at even close to original price.