What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2016

RMN

Aurora 88K - Extra Fine flexible nib. Should be waiting for me at home!

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• chromantic

• mallymal1

• praxim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An OHTO Rook compact FP in silver/orange.

And this tiny Pearl Swirl pen/pencil set "in working condition" (hmm) :

fpn_1477650602__tiny_pearl_3a.jpg

Edited by chromantic

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Nothing special, but a few weeks back I ordered a Neon Lime Safari at La Couronne du Comte and today I heard that they can't order it at Lamy anymore so they offered to change my order to an Al-Star for the price of the Safari.

So now I'm waiting for my Al-Star to come :)

Nothing special, but a few weeks back I ordered a Neon Lime Safari at La Couronne du Comte and today I heard that they can't order it at Lamy anymore so they offered to change my order to an Al-Star for the price of the Safari.

So now I'm waiting for my Al-Star to come :)

In my experience (as a saTisfied customer only) I would say that is typical of the level of customer service of Dennis and his colleagues.

Enjoy the Al-Star :) :thumbup:

Yesterday, I received a pen I'd totally forgotten I'd ordered. Not because it took so long (it actually came fairly quickly, from 2 states away) but it being a "buy it now" rather than an auction, so it was "OMG, grab it, quick!", done in 2 minutes and promptly forgotten.

Oh, yes, the pen - a purple Pelikano P460, still in the blister pack; a lovely dark purple, prettier than the pink, not as pretty as the red (because, well, red). Just need the blue, green and orange ones now.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Still waiting for my Edison Pearlette, 1.1 stub. Ordered more than two months ago. After six weeks in Dutch customs, it finally arrived two weeks ago - only to get stuck in customs here. Grrr!

Ahh, the Dutch customs... it is particularly "joyful" when combined with the US postal service.

I have a Nakaya that "disappeared" for 4 weeks in the dutch customs, finally surfaced last week. Only to stay put at same USPS facility since then...

Also a M400 brown tortoise, shipped expedite, which should arrive in no more than 5 days stayed almost 2 weeks in the Dutch customs. At least this one I'll get tomorrow.

I hope you get your Edison soon.

In my experience (as a saTisfied customer only) I would say that is typical of the level of customer service of Dennis and his colleagues.

Enjoy the Al-Star :) :thumbup:

+1.

Sometimes, although not common, they (like everybody else) make a little mistake. But, in my experience, if this happens they will fix it to the customer satisfaction and advantage.

I am waiting for a ballpoint, none the less I am quite excited about it! A Parker Sonnet in black lacquer with silver trim. It will be my daily workhorse.

Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.

-Churchill

I'm waiting for an Anthracite M-400 from Couronne de Compte, and a Parson's Essential with a gold nib from MrPen.

I've just taken the plunge and ordered myself a Lamy 2000 from Goulet Pens! Not sure how long it will take to come all the way from the States, but a good couple of weeks, I imagine.

I plumped for a medium nib - I was planning on getting a broad, but apparently the 2000 writes very broadly anyway, so I went medium.

Ahh, the Dutch customs... it is particularly "joyful" when combined with the US postal service.

I have a Nakaya that "disappeared" for 4 weeks in the dutch customs, finally surfaced last week. Only to stay put at same USPS facility since then...

Also a M400 brown tortoise, shipped expedite, which should arrive in no more than 5 days stayed almost 2 weeks in the Dutch customs. At least this one I'll get tomorrow.

I hope you get your Edison soon.

Thanks. Enjoy your beautiful Bird ;)

Practice, patience, perseverance

+2. It's a delight to work with them.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Lamy 99/37, OB nib. Should be here tomorrow, while the Pearlette (grrrr!) is still in the customs.

Practice, patience, perseverance

Thanks. Enjoy your beautiful Bird ;)

Thank you. It is indeed beautiful and writes great

Well, there is no limit to the USPS mess. The Nakaya finally arrived at the Post Office in my town, only to sit there for two days and be sent to a city 200 miles from here :gaah: . I guess I should be happy it was not sent to another country... :wallbash:

Edited by Lam1

just broke down and ordered the new Conklin NightHawk, a special carbon fiber weave pen being made for Goulet. Getting excited now, should have it Saturday if Goulet is not snowed under with orders today.

post-106621-0-88546500-1478105561_thumb.jpg

Eschew Sesquipedalian Obfuscation

I've just taken the plunge and ordered myself a Lamy 2000 from Goulet Pens! Not sure how long it will take to come all the way from the States, but a good couple of weeks, I imagine.

I plumped for a medium nib - I was planning on getting a broad, but apparently the 2000 writes very broadly anyway, so I went medium.

You are right, I think the Lamy 2000 M is close to a broad. Nicely wet and smooth writers. My EF is close to a medium nib on most pens. But I love these pens, and have two of them. Luckily, I only live 110 miles from Goulet Pen Co.

Eschew Sesquipedalian Obfuscation