What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2016

RMN

This arrived today. EoC has no idea why it was purchased, or what to do with it.

fpn_1455096924__red_arrow_1.jpg

fpn_1455096980__red_arrow_2.jpg

If EoC has no need of the Parker....

dasXFnib will give it a good home....if the price is right....

PM if interested in parting with it....

Always try to get the dibs.....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• chromantic

• mallymal1

• praxim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ASA Ebonite Fountain Pen called The Wizard. Made by ASA Pens in India. It will be a shiny black ebonite, with a 3-1 filling system and a #6 JOWO 1.1 stub.

Also waiting for a vintage Wearever - cracked ice celluloid banded. #8 14K custom medium point snub italic, refurbished.

Edited by Helen350

A blue Esterbrook transitional with a borked nib (which meant low, low price).

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

ASA Ebonite Fountain Pen called The Wizard. Made by ASA Pens in India. It will be a shiny black ebonite, with a 3-1 filling system and a #6 JOWO 1.1 stub.

Also waiting for a vintage Wearever - cracked ice celluloid banded. #8 14K custom medium point snub italic, refurbished.

Me too! I already have the Genius and love it. The Wizard is the same pen but with the 3-1 system. I will be curious to hear what you think of it.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

This has just arrived and it is (EoC believes) a Parker Duofold Streamlined in Burgundy with an EF/F nib. The filling system needs revamping, which is next on the list of tasks. Other than that it is probably the most stunning pen out of the package that EoC has yet to experience. It is perfect in length and girth for this one's hand. EoC is smitten.

This seems like a good deal at $53. The refurb will push that up to $100, but if the pen had been on sale already restored at that price EoC thinks that would have been a good deal too. Any thoughts?

fpn_1454434339__duofold_1.jpg

Even with restoration, I think you got a good deal on a drool-worthy pen. I think it's beautiful.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Found and bought another Empex Aqua Pen, my second, this time in red with the original packaging. Can't wait till it arrives!

Just ordered a Sailor Pro Gear 4 Seasons Haruzora (Spring Sky Blue) with MF nib....

Engeika says this is a "Pre-Order"....so no idea on shipment time....

Not in any hurry....plenty of other pens to keep me busy!!!:)

This will fill the last slot in my 32-pen case....Future pen purchases are in a holding pattern, pending my payment to Uncle Sam.....:(

Always try to get the dibs...on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Well, I'm having bad luck getting my pens here.

My Pelikan M800 Grand Place has been in customs 10 days and counting...

My Pilot Custom 845 was not shipped for 2 weeks after I placed the order, so I cancelled it and bought it from another seller. It finally is in the mail.

The anxiety "forced" me to put an order for a Pelikan M805 Black (B ), which should be here next week :) (probably the best deal I ever got in a pen). So, even though I bought the 3 pens with about 15 days of interval between each one, I may get all 3 in the same week :D.

Edited by Lam1

Well, I'm having bad luck getting my pens here.

My Pelikan M800 Grand Place has been in customs 10 days and counting...

My Pilot Custom 845 was not shipped for 2 weeks after I placed the order, so I cancelled it and bought it from another seller. It finally is in the mail.

The anxiety "forced" me to put an order for a Pelikan M805 Black (B ), which should be here next week :) (probably the best deal I ever got in a pen). So, even though I bought the 3 pens with about 15 days of interval between each one, I may get all 3 in the same week :D.

I'm waiting for a red/black M600 EF from Rolf. There was an extra wait for the nib since Pelikan seemed back ordered. Now I hope that the pen doesn't get stuck in the polar vortex or at customs. The suspense ...

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I'm waiting for a red/black M600 EF from Rolf. There was an extra wait for the nib since Pelikan seemed back ordered. Now I hope that the pen doesn't get stuck in the polar vortex or at customs. The suspense ...

Oh, the red/blacks... They are gorgeous! Congrats.

And good luck with customs. But in general they are pretty good at clearing stuff quickly. This is the first time I had to wait more than 3 or 4 days.

I am waiting for a Parker 51 which Ron from Main Street pens was working on. And a Parker and Sheaffer from A US pens.

Today I received a Parker 51. Wow, does it write well. This is my first vintage pen and I love it already. I can see why it was (and is) a great every day pen.

Be careful. It's a slippery slope! I now have 4 Aerometrics (including a Demi in Plum), 2 51 Vacs, a 51 Special, a 21 (which got me on the 51 kick to start with), replacement parts for the cracked hood on said 21, and a 41.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sadly, at the moment, nothing.

I got sniped last night with (1-1/2 minutes left to go!) on a lovely little Emerald Pearl Vac. *Someone* got a pretty good deal.... :angry:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I got sniped last night with (1-1/2 minutes left to go!) on a lovely little Emerald Pearl Vac. *Someone* got a pretty good deal....

I try not to look at the eBay listings on Sunday nights. I get the sense that it's the night with the highest and most aggressive bids. Good for sellers but not for buyers.

James

When it was a rod, it ate four dozen inks every morning to help it get large.

Now it's a pen, it'll eat five dozen inks. It's roughly the size of a barge.

Oh what a pen, that Gaston's.

http://orig15.deviantart.net/7067/f/2016/046/3/1/gaston_s_by_voidelemental-d9rwple.jpghttp://orig07.deviantart.net/07ca/f/2016/046/4/3/gaston_s_cap_by_voidelemental-d9rwpoz.jpghttp://orig13.deviantart.net/bcad/f/2016/046/e/6/gaston_s_open_by_voidelemental-d9rwpmr.jpghttp://orig04.deviantart.net/81e5/f/2016/046/9/7/gaston_s_nib_by_voidelemental-d9rwpnw.jpg

anigif_enhanced-22479-1404850840-36.gif

Edited by NinthSphere

Waiting for a Waterman Le Man 100.

fpn_1455583717__leman100_2s.jpg

Andy sang as he watched and waited 'til his billy boiled ...

(With apologies to Andrew Barton "Banjo" Paterson)

This has just arrived and it is (EoC believes) a Parker Duofold Streamlined in Burgundy with an EF/F nib. The filling system needs revamping, which is next on the list of tasks. Other than that it is probably the most stunning pen out of the package that EoC has yet to experience. It is perfect in length and girth for this one's hand. EoC is smitten.

This seems like a good deal at $53. The refurb will push that up to $100, but if the pen had been on sale already restored at that price EoC thinks that would have been a good deal too. Any thoughts?

fpn_1454434339__duofold_1.jpg

It looks brand new in the pic