What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2016

RMN

I'm just waiting for a Noodler's Ahab. Something about the reviews just made me afraid to buy one even though flex pens are my first love.

I have had terrible luck with Noodler's, between the initial smell of their pens and some sloppy (and creepy) packaging. No problem whatsoever with their actual inks though.

Same. I ended up buying one and it's simultaneously a really awful pen (filling system, WHY?? Also, it likes to puke ink at inopportune moments) and really worth the money. If it works, it's awesome, but I've bought better pens for less than a quarter the price. Or, y'know, a Lamy Safari for almost the same price.

Update: Mail was answered; apparently there were delays factory-side. New shipping date: Monday. Or so they said.

This could've been handled more professionally from start to finish, especially by such a well-established seller. Oh well, last try. If they miss that date, too, I'll probably just get that refund.

MORE DELAYS, OH JOY!

At least the seller did the honorable thing and offered me a choice of more readily available DolceVita Federico colors to pick from if I so choose.

Which, as Sand was not my last but also not my first choice (e-bay auctions, yay!), was really quite neat.

Now asking which one between Deep Sea, Sky and WoodWitch will be quickest to ship, because I'm really bad at deciding.

/EDIT: Aaaand Deep Sea it is! Neat!

/EDIT2: AAAAND it was shipped! Only took, like, five weeks...

Edited by Guardy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• chromantic

• mallymal1

• praxim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This baby!

http://kephost.com/images/2016/06/17/b02b166b6e1200a6311d6742583de7b4.jpg

Visconti HS London Fog EF

WOW Beautiful, congratulations!!

Well, 2 days after writing the seller to say I still hadn't received it, the Sailor Clear Candy set finally arrived today (it shipped on 4-21). It thought the 2 nibs would be fine and medium but, no, one is fine and the other has an angled tip. I will be curious to try that one out.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Still waiting for my Nakaya Portable Cigar, but it isn't even in the mail yet.

To help me cope with the anxiety of waiting, I just ordered a Waterman Edson Black Diamond with M nib :D . I would rather have a stub, but these are becoming increasingly hard to find and, for the price I paid, a M will do nicely.

And after the Nakaya I had promised no more pens in 2016... :blush:

A couple of Serwex pens from FPR. A 1362 and a 77TR, both in yellow.

This Sheaffer (Cadet?) TM Tip-Dip Touchdown.

fpn_1466998084__s-l1600_1.jpg

Levenger Facets (one of each color).... Good tip from s_t_e_v_e

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Just ordered a Franklin-Christoph 19 in Black/King's Gold with a Masuyama stub and a music nib. Since I'm super impatient and it was already a decent amount of money, I got it sent overnight to the SF office I'm in for the week.

Very excited for tomorrow!

I seem to have bought the last one of these they had in open stock.

http://www.franklin-christoph.com/uploads/1/0/4/5/10453260/6247046_orig.jpg

Edited by fatalelement

That is lovely, fatal.

I got 2 pristine NOS Sheaffer school pens today (90s, flat ends) in red and blue, mediums, have a lightly used green fine on the way and just now won on a purple one - barrel looks pretty thrashed but it is translucent purple, may send it out for buff/polish.

Also, a NOS P45 barrel and section in dark forest green- ooh, it's pretty.

Sheaffer Snorkel Sentinel - Burgundy

Parker (UK) Duofold Senior - Black

Practice, patience, perseverance

Still waiting for my Nakaya Portable Cigar, but it isn't even in the mail yet.

To help me cope with the anxiety of waiting, I just ordered a Waterman Edson Black Diamond with M nib :D . I would rather have a stub, but these are becoming increasingly hard to find and, for the price I paid, a M will do nicely.

And after the Nakaya I had promised no more pens in 2016... :blush:

I'm in a similar boat--my Nakaya Naka-ai arrived a couple weeks ago and I had promised myself No More Pens This Year, darnit...and I just committed a red Esterbrook SJ out of Classifieds. Really looking forward to it, though.

I hope you enjoy your Nakaya and Waterman Edson! What nib did you get on your Nakaya, out of curiosity?

Just ordered a Franklin-Christoph 19 in Black/King's Gold with a Masuyama stub and a music nib. Since I'm super impatient and it was already a decent amount of money, I got it sent overnight to the SF office I'm in for the week.

Very excited for tomorrow!

I seem to have bought the last one of these they had in open stock.

http://www.franklin-christoph.com/uploads/1/0/4/5/10453260/6247046_orig.jpg

What a gorgeous pen! Thanks for sharing the pic. :)

I'm in a similar boat--my Nakaya Naka-ai arrived a couple weeks ago and I had promised myself No More Pens This Year, darnit...and I just committed a red Esterbrook SJ out of Classifieds. Really looking forward to it, though.

I hope you enjoy your Nakaya and Waterman Edson! What nib did you get on your Nakaya, out of curiosity?

It seems that the "I'll not buy another pen this year" is the most common thing in that other thread called "lies we tell ourselves " ;).

Congrats on the Esterbrook and the Nakaya (the Naka-ais are simply gorgeous).

I've got the Nakaya with soft fine, since I like my Japanese pens for calculations.

The Edson I only got with a medium because it was the only one available. When it gets here I'll see if Waterman would change the nib to a stub, but I'm not holding my breath, since the pen was just discontinued and it seems that the stubs are in short supply.

Edited by Lam1

It seems that the "I'll not buy another pen this year" is the most common thing in that other thread called "lies we tell ourselves " ;).

Congrats on the Esterbrook and the Nakaya (the Naka-ais are simply gorgeous).

I've got the Nakaya with soft fine, since I like my Japanese pens for calculations.

The Edson I only got with a medium because it was the only one available. When it gets here I'll see if Waterman would change the nib to a stub, but I'm not holding my breath, since the pen was just discontinued and it seems that the stubs are in short supply.

Thanks! I have a weakness for red/dish pens.

I got soft fine too! I'm really pleased with it--it's nicely responsive.

Good luck with getting a stub for your Waterman!

That is lovely, fatal.

I got 2 pristine NOS Sheaffer school pens today (90s, flat ends) in red and blue, mediums, have a lightly used green fine on the way and just now won on a purple one - barrel looks pretty thrashed but it is translucent purple, may send it out for buff/polish.

Also, a NOS P45 barrel and section in dark forest green- ooh, it's pretty.

What a gorgeous pen! Thanks for sharing the pic. :)

Thanks! I've been using it since yesterday and it's fabulous! When I get home and have access to my non-phone camera and my Iroshizuku inks rather than the (no offense, Parker fans) comparably crappy dusty Quink bottle I found at the local Staples while traveling for work, I'll post a nice detailed review. I'm very happy with it! Franklin-Christoph makes really nice stuff. The Masuyama nib is just butter on nice paper, and the music nib is great for large calligraphy.

On the way right now, is a Yard-O-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian and a Conway Stewart Churchill in Classic Green. I am over excited with anticipation.

MB Heritage 1912 with a Broad nib.......once you try one of these it's over they are like the fountain pen version of a drug.