The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Midnight Blue - Graf Von Faber-Castell

graf von faber-castell

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 rudyhou

rudyhou

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:21

from my screen it looks more greyish with a hint of blue, and a lot less saturated than most dark blue inks.  this i like.    

-rudy-

Sponsored Content

#22 aurore

aurore

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 00:02

A year ago I wanted another bottle of Cobalt Blue (wanted, not needed), it was not available locally but this ink was... Despite I really dislike blue-black inks in general (prefer dark blue) I like this ink. At first I did not like it at all. Later I discovered this ink needs a wet and quite smooth nib, then it looks very blue, shades lovely and the flow and perfomance in general is great (no spreading, no bleeding, dries reasonably quickly, is quite water resistant, rather a lot fade resistant and overall feels smooth). I have had a squeaky nib (some prefer "singing") in a very expensive pen that sounded and felt weird even with Aurora Blue ink and several other famous perfomers, I didn't think it would work with GvFC Midnight since it is not a very wet ink (and not wet inks usually make these things even worse) but it works perfectly - the nib is quiet, glides perfectly. Excellent.

Edited by aurore, 06 January 2019 - 00:03.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graf von faber-castell

Sponsored Content

|