#3/19 Le Parker Duofold Black Centennial Xix Commonwealth Games 2010 (New Delhi) Fountain Pen

abhinavgoel

Hi

I wish to share with you a prized possession of mine, one of the only 19 Limited Edition Parker Duofold Black Centennial Fountain Pens, launched on the occasion of the XIX Commonwealth Games 2010 held in New Delhi (India)!
This special pen received a fair share of media attention at the time launch, as the first of this limited edition was presented to His Royal Highness Prince Charles in an event organized in Delhi before the XIX Commonwealth Games opening ceremony. As per an article I read, of the 19 pens, apart from Prince Charles, 1 each was gifted to the Queen of England, Shri D K Jain (Chairman & Managing Director of Luxor group) Smt Sonia Gandh (Congress President) and Dr. Manmohan Singh (Prime Minister of India). And the remaining 14 were sold to collectors across India at a retail price of approx USD 2K at the time.
It was quite a fortunate chance that I was able to purchase one directly at the time of launch in Oct-2010. I got the low numbered edition #3 pen (each pen has the unique serial no, 1-19, and the edition limit engraved on the barrel). I have this pen in mint, unused condition with original box, packing material, receipt and COA.
I was curious to know what my pen could be worth in today's market, and also appreciate any advice from senior members of the forum on whether this pen is worth selling or keeping as my son's inheritance.
post-127442-0-42325700-1452449618_thumb.jpg

regards

Abhinav

Edited by abhinavgoel

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abhinavgoel

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And here are some of the actual photos of the pen and the gorgeous wooden box with velvet cover it came in.. trust me photos do not reflect the real beauty of this pen

post-127442-0-15437600-1452454212_thumb.jpg

post-127442-0-25905600-1452454239.jpg

post-127442-0-88955800-1452454225_thumb.jpg

post-127442-0-02482200-1452454201_thumb.jpg

Thanks mitto, keeping it was the original plan but am now getting warmed up to the idea of possibly selling it as I have a opportunity to add some more exciting pieces to my collection and this is the single most expensive pen I have

Thanks mitto, keeping it was the original plan but am now getting warmed up to the idea of possibly selling it as I have a opportunity to add some more exciting pieces to my collection and this is the single most expensive pen I have

Well, that is upto you. But if I were you I wouldn't part ways with the pen.

But again you are the best judge as to whether keep the pen or sell it for creating funds for other possible purchases.

Best.

Khan M. Ilyas