What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2016

RMN

I just purchased #25 and #30 coral MB's. I picked up the #25 at the Ohio Pen Show and the other one from a dealer in Europe. Enjoying using both today at the offfice.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Tom Kellie

• da vinci

• farmdogfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Raif79, PLEASE post pictures of the pre-war pen when it is repaired.

Will do. It is in fantastic shape. There is no brassing at all on the clip and the cap rings are 90% brassing-free. The hard rubber on the piston assembly has some oxidation and is the typical olive shade now. I like it. It gives it character. At least its not that awful brown oxidation. Oh...and the black on the barrel is intact. No fading/peeling or fake-demonstrator.

Been a while since i was last here, and i think since then only the sfumato 6cc holder and passport holder and shakespeare ink, Oh and a 342 OB nib, I was asked as a favor to get one, the person hasn't replied since i told them I received and tested it, so i guess it's mine now...

I have been looking for one of these in NOS condition for awhile, very happy!

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/nbendy1/MB%20leather%20case%202_zpscrhn0uez.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/nbendy1/MB%20leather%20case%201_zpsy6azsdxj.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b558/nbendy1/MB%20leather%20case%203_zpsdouuuxut.jpg

~ “Knights of the Roundtable”?

Is it a Montblanc Limited Edition?

What year was it released? This year?

What sort of nib?

What sort of star on the cap?

Tom K.

Just purchased: Knights of the Roundtable

Hope you like it - I do a lot!

Of course you know we want more information and pictures right? :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Of course you know we want more information and pictures right? :)

I will post more after taking better pictures, this one was done in the boutique. It has got a black titanium body with white gold overlay as you can see. Released this November, edition of 25.

I will post more after taking better pictures, this one was done in the boutique. It has got a black titanium body with white gold overlay as you can see. Released this November, edition of 25.

Can't wait to see and learn more :) It appears to be also skeletonized with a tint for the ink window and cap?

Congratulations on this wonderful purchase Axis, it looks beautiful.

My big purchase-the new MB Miles Davis Jazz Blue ink.

Where did you purchase the ink? I've very interested in it and my boutique here in California does not have it yet.

Kind Regards

I didn't like it when I saw it. I handled it several times at the boutique. Then I bought it as a pen I would eventually give to one on my daughters. Just for kicks I dipped it in some ink and wrote a couple of pages with it. OMG! what a comfortable pen it is! Went back to the boutique and got the other two! The looks have grown on me as well. I am happy I got them.

Rouge et Noir Special Edition Black

Rouge et Noir Special Edition Coral

Rouge et Noir Limited Edition 1906

The Coral and the 1906 are the only two pens in my rotation since I bought them. The Black is in my wife's hands and never coming back.

I really like the writers' editions, but I've been buying ballpoints, not fountain pens, because I'm more likely to use them. I've just ordered the Daniel Defoe, pretty cheap on a black Friday sale, and I may get the Tolstoy as well. And I really, really want the Marcel Proust...

Here's my Shakespeare and Balzac pens.

IMG_5424.jpg

I write about things: Kirkville

I really like the writers' editions, but I've been buying ballpoints, not fountain pens, because I'm more likely to use them. I've just ordered the Daniel Defoe, pretty cheap on a black Friday sale, and I may get the Tolstoy as well. And I really, really want the Marcel Proust...

Here's my Shakespeare and Balzac pens.

IMG_5424.jpg

Wow. Where did you order the Defoe from?

Wow. Where did you order the Defoe from?

Here:

http://www.jomashop.com/montblanc-110508.html

It's currently on a deep discount. Even with import duties to the UK, where I live, it's substantially cheaper than what I can get here.

No affiliation with the above store; this is the first time I've ordered from them, but they seem serious.

Here:

http://www.jomashop.com/montblanc-110508.html

It's currently on a deep discount. Even with import duties to the UK, where I live, it's substantially cheaper than what I can get here.

No affiliation with the above store; this is the first time I've ordered from them, but they seem serious.

Interested to hear your experience with Jomashop, very intrigued on how they do business.

Please let us know in this recent topic :)

- Medium black ballpoint refill, for my Meisterstuck Gold Classique ballpoint pen

- Montblanc Rouge et Noir Black ballpoint pen to share daily duties

My Montblanc 146 fountain pen stays at home now as I only use it for personal correspondence.

I wanted to add a picture. So far, I'm liking the size of the Rouge et Noir compared to my Classique.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/indianboyz2000/random/IMG_20161201_132738_edit_zpsy67ihbb9.jpg

Montblanc 146, Fine nib

Montblanc Meisterstuck Gold Classique ballpoint

Montblanc Rouge et Noir black ballpoint

I didn't like it when I saw it. I handled it several times at the boutique. Then I bought it as a pen I would eventually give to one on my daughters. Just for kicks I dipped it in some ink and wrote a couple of pages with it. OMG! what a comfortable pen it is! Went back to the boutique and got the other two! The looks have grown on me as well. I am happy I got them.

Rouge et Noir Special Edition Black

Rouge et Noir Special Edition Coral

Rouge et Noir Limited Edition 1906

The Coral and the 1906 are the only two pens in my rotation since I bought them. The Black is in my wife's hands and never coming back.

I love the size too, not the weight, but I can live with it. I am (im)patiently waiting for the black fp in an EF nib, and for the coral fp to become available so match my rollerballs, which I have in both colors and have been using on and off since April.

I just couldn't decide which color or version to get, and realized that it was worth getting them all. I think it's one of the best and original releases Montblanc has had. If I could, I would get the ebonite LE version too, since that would be perfect no doubt! Please post pics, Hector! :)

I really like both of those ballpoints, as well as the fountain pens. As the above poster said, both colors are really nice, though I lean toward the black with the coral bit on the top. I'm very tempted by these...