What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2016

RMN

@Valdair

The 1912 is currently my favourite MB from my collection. I hope you enjoy yours for years to come.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Tom Kellie

• da vinci

• farmdogfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm liking it quite a bit so far! Thank you all for the kind words.

For others who have had or used the 1912 - were yours incredibly wet? I don't mind it at all, in fact I prefer it, but it is almost certainly my wettest pen. Makes inks sheen like crazy.

Edited by Valdair

I'm liking it quite a bit so far! Thank you all for the kind words.

For others who have had or used the 1912 - were yours incredibly wet? I don't mind it at all, in fact I prefer it, but it is almost certainly my wettest pen. Makes inks sheen like crazy.

Mine was always a bit on the wetter side, yes. The semi-flex nib contributes to that I assume.

Recent got a 221p. Cap has a single ring without the model number engraved . Not sure if this was the original cap though ....

http://i.imgur.com/nubUqKj.jpg?2

I got this danish MB 224 not long ago.

A nice unpretentious pen, it´s a well built pen and a joy to use (as are most vintage MBs).
This one has a EF nib which is rather flexible.

They were made between 1941 and 1954.

fpn_1477395354__dpp_113604_edited-2.jpg

fpn_1477395379__dpp_113607.jpg

Having been away from the FPN, and in particular the MB Form for a while, it is really good to return and see that certain tastes haven't changed.

Great find farmdogfan. Unless you have done so recently (and I've missed it), I do hope you will share your collection here one day ;)

Pavoni.

~ farmdogfan:

The shading and saturation of the Quink blue ink in your Danish 224 is eye-pleasing.

The Quink blue brings out the nib's flexibility.

You've acquired and are using a truly fine vintage fountain pen!

Tom K.

Blue hour ink

Had to chose between the William Shakespeare red and the blue hour. Went for the blue hour, hoping that i will get another stab at purchasing the William Shakespeare ink before it gets sold out.

Blue hour ink

Had to chose between the William Shakespeare red and the blue hour. Went for the blue hour, hoping that i will get another stab at purchasing the William Shakespeare ink before it gets sold out.

I really like the Blue Hour ink much more than the Shakespeare. That being said, the latter is much more rare and harder to find.. Don't wait too long

I really like the Blue Hour ink much more than the Shakespeare. That being said, the latter is much more rare and harder to find.. Don't wait too long

Budgetary constraints made me choose one instead of both. However I have the Shakespeare ink booked if it comes to the Indian MB shop. The pen has come but not the ink.

It has been coming next week since August. Am hopeful it will come before the end of the year.

The blue hour was a lucky find at Singapore Duty free. It's sold out everywhere else

Well I finally bit for the 1950's late 149 with a couple of silver bands, in Celluloid Nice patina on the Snow Cap

A bit pricy for me

It is off to the restorer for service I'll send some pics when I get it back

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you . Hug your loved ones today

Just joined the forum to share my excitement on my latest purchase.

The JFK, which I had been coveting for months.

post-132703-0-19778700-1477965247_thumb.jpg

Also managed to find a couple of inks I did not have:

post-132703-0-89604700-1477964836_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2343.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2348.JPG

Very nice! Congrats!

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

~ ansmy:

Welcome to Fountain Pen Network!

Your enthusiasm is understandable, given such an excellent acquisition.

May using it bring you much happiness.

Tom K.

Easy to see why you would be excited ansmy, great acquisition.

Welcome to the FPN and the Montblanc Forum :W2FPN:

Pavoni

Thank you @se1980, @Tom Kellie and @pavoni for your kind words and warm welcome. Looking forward to sharing more with the group.

Edited by ansmy

Just pulled the ebay trigger for my first Montblanc - a 146 Platinum. Really looking forward to how it compares to my other "big" pen , the Pelikan M805.