What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2016

RMN

This is the new 2016 version of the topic:

What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase?

The last posts in the old topic can be found here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/169272-whats-your-most-recent-mb-purchase/page-230?p=3528912&do=findComment&comment=3528912

Enjoy

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Tom Kellie

• da vinci

• farmdogfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back in October I was fortunate enough to secure a new NB Collection Box through my local Boutique -- talk about craftsmanship! My modest collection is now contained in this box.

post-22656-0-05563300-1451678456_thumb.jpg

post-22656-0-20212000-1451678469_thumb.jpg

Nice collection. I wish the heritage was a bigger pen. I know there is a 1914 version for the price of two small cars, but a 1912 of good size and reasonable price (and one that posted) would have been lovely.

A lovely Agatha Christie pen and pencil set, in excellent condition with box, for less than $1.5k. The medium nib is springy too!

Check out my blog and my pens

Back in October I was fortunate enough to secure a new NB Collection Box through my local Boutique -- talk about craftsmanship! My modest collection is now contained in this box.

post-22656-0-05563300-1451678456.jpg

Very nice.

Inked

Hi there,

as I'm total newbie to both this forum and let"s say fountain pens as well, I would need your help regarding opinion about genuinity of Meisterstueck 149 that I just bought yesterday.

No pics still as it hasn't arrived yet, just link to eBay auction:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/221977558734?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Many thanks for any inputs.

Although the pen is not new, the nib is relatively new, a 1940's steel 139 nib (250), to replace the original 149 18c tri tone nib, pen is a first generation 149 and is a joy to use, and the nib, SWEET :D

fpn_1451450826___dsc1315.jpg

fpn_1451451059___dsc1320.jpg

fpn_1451453361__04060901.jpgfpn_1451463337__04060902.jpg

Beautiful combination and lovely line variation. It looks like a joy to write with!

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Finally got the 90th Anniversary LeGrand, now I have the pen in all 3 available trims. Think that will be my last for a while.

post-106631-0-81859600-1451867902_thumb.jpg

post-106631-0-79155100-1451867983_thumb.jpg

I just picked up my first Montblance 146. According to some research in FPN it's from the 70s, post transitional because of the smokey, ribless ink window. A lovely writer. But the pen exterior bears evidence of years of use. (It's worn.) Not a complaint. Just an observation.

I just picked up my first Montblance 146. According to some research in FPN it's from the 70s, post transitional because of the smokey, ribless ink window. A lovely writer. But the pen exterior bears evidence of years of love. (It's worn.) Not a complaint. Just an observation.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Starwalker Black Metal BP: I've had my eye on this for quite some time, and last week I bought one from Mora Stylos in Paris. Great service by the way.

post-63755-0-84064000-1451984428_thumb.jpeg

Yay, ballpoint week ;-) The black metal Starwalker pens are great! And the Starwalker ballpoint pens are very nice; I use a Duoé almost every day.

My first two Montblancs for 2016 are ballpoints as well. In Hannover I was able to purchase two (one golden & one titanium/golden) original boxed, NOS Leonardo pens. Great 1980s style!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1fcJnlbDx9Y/VouMB6z3QOI/AAAAAAAABZw/Z-rlHjI8aj0/s1600/P1060647.jpg

Cheers and happy pen hunting

Michael

Yay, ballpoint week ;-) The black metal Starwalker pens are great! And the Starwalker ballpoint pens are very nice; I use a Duoé almost every day.

My first two Montblancs for 2016 are ballpoints as well. In Hannover I was able to purchase two (one golden & one titanium/golden) original boxed, NOS Leonardo pens. Great 1980s style!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1fcJnlbDx9Y/VouMB6z3QOI/AAAAAAAABZw/Z-rlHjI8aj0/s1600/P1060647.jpg

Cheers and happy pen hunting

Michael

Yes, definitely ballpoint week!

Congratulations for your good job in Hannover. ;-)

Edited by A1979

Montblanc Boheme Rouge,

OK, I know I'm a sucker for gizmos, now put a little white snowflake on it, and I hit it like a fish hits a Rapala!

The pen has a nice build and the nib retraction works well with the typical MB quality feel.

As far as writing,Its a bit of a hard starter, with a medium nib, medium flow, not much feedback.

The section, cap top and the flip blind cap are made of deep red plastic. under the right lighting giving a red reflection. Very subtle,

in contrast to the not so subtle synthetic ruby on the clip.

The short size is neat, and fits a shirt pocket nicely. I haven't quite made up my mind if I like the gem or not.

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-47nBMVs/0/XL/20160108_094719-XL.jpg

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-cQ4MpmX/0/X2/20160108_094746-X2.jpg

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

New to the world of "luxury/premium" pens. My first is a Meisterstuck Platinum Legrand rollerball, intended for home and maybe on the go use, and the second is a Starwalker Midnight Black rollerball, for office use. The Meisterstuck is pictured with a Franklin-Christoph pen sleeve (large black), but unfortunately the cap is exposed by just under half a centimetre even when slightly forced down, though it does it make it easier to remove.

post-127302-0-69721900-1452360865_thumb.jpg

post-127302-0-05153400-1452360922_thumb.jpg

Edited by kepa

This week I have purchased a MB 147 with a medium nib. StarWalker Red Gold resin FP medium nib. And a LeGrand 146 Platinum with a broad nib. It's a sickness and I have it bad. I do worry that when I pass away my wife will sell off my collection for the prices I tell her I buy them for. I say most of the pens cost me $20-$50 each and she already thinks THAT is too much 😳😳😳

Starwalker Black Metal BP: I've had my eye on this for quite some time, and last week I bought one from Mora Stylos in Paris. Great service by the way.

image.jpeg

I really like this pen and carry it along side my EDC fountain pen.

Edited by 888007888

I really like this pen and carry it along side my EDC fountain pen.

Yes, it is a really good-looking pen. I cannot understand why they have discontinued this model.