• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Godfrey

• christof

• sargetalon

• mana

Don't be sorry. It's nice to hear about people who step up like you have.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Dear Fuzz, you and your family are wonderful persons, God bless you all! To care for someone like foster children, to help them get through what could be at times very hard challenges, to guide and instill those qualities which makes a human being whole...it takes a lot of dedication, endurance, perseverance and selfless attitude.

I am certain and I do hope that the pen you dream for is not very far from you. God bless you, sir!

Edited by PenThing

264643240_minoxandfountainpen.png.2be96a1cb960c6ba19879d9d0fb2a13a.png              Fountain pens and Minox                                 

HI Khan,

you think the lines on the older nibs come together - yes, for the most, but not for the last years until 1965....

These italic style tipping wasn't produced in the 1980s.

Thank you, dnic.

Yes, that is what I thought about the lines on the nib. One always learn on FPN.

Khan M. Ilyas

That O3B is a beauty. I have an OBB that writes a smooth, wet line. Hope you enjoy this one.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Just received a luminous little orange M320 with a medium nib, just the thing for trying out some of my new orange inks. It's a tiny thing--I'd never actually laid hands on one.

http://i.imgur.com/CfzKULU.jpg

They always remind me of apricot jam... or marmalade. So sweet. Don't let my wife see it she may decide fountain pens are pretty cool after all.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Ooh, that's lovely, jmccarty, grats!

My green striped M300 arrived today. It's in excellent condition and, like yours, has a medium nib which, to be honest, I'm less than thrilled with - the line is soooo thick, thicker than my Pelikano P67 A nibs! I'm wondering if maybe this nib has been ground to a stub at some point; the medium nib M150 came yesterday and just eyeballing the two, the tip on the 300 is noticeably wider and flat across (with a slight slant), not a rounded point like the 150.

As I said, the medium 150 arrived yesterday and the fine 150 arrived today. I ordered a fine to replace the medium, that's one reason I like the 150, new nib was $29; a new 300 EF is on ebay for $120, that's almost as much as I paid for the pen.

Hopefully, this should hold me for a while.

Ooh, that's lovely, jmccarty, grats!

My green striped M300 arrived today. It's in excellent condition and, like yours, has a medium nib which, to be honest, I'm less than thrilled with - the line is soooo thick, thicker than my Pelikano P67 A nibs! I'm wondering if maybe this nib has been ground to a stub at some point; the medium nib M150 came yesterday and just eyeballing the two, the tip on the 300 is noticeably wider and flat across (with a slight slant), not a rounded point like the 150.

Thanks. The M320 makes a nice contrast when placed next to the Namiki #50 Vermilion.

I intentionally chose the M nib for this pen because I wanted to show off several orangey inks I've gotten from Robert Oster, Montblanc, and KWZI. If you like a deep orange that shades, I highly recommend Robert Oster's Orange Zest. I have it in a Levenger M250 brown tortoise with a broad italic nib, and it's quite dramatic.

It does sound like your M300 medium nib has been reground, perhaps to an oblique. Can you post a photo? If you don't like it, I'd love to have it for my M320. PM me if interested.

Pelikan M200 Anthricite.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

^^ jmccarty - Have you inked yours yet? If so, how does the line look to you?

Here is a photo of the nib, next to a M150 F; sorry my camera couldn't focus any closer (a darker background might've helped).

fpn_1487271821__m300_nib_crop.jpg

You can see the blunt tip, as opposed to the rounded 150 tip; my 150 M is more rounded than the 150, sort of under-inflated tire-looking, but not blunt like the 300.

I went on ebay and suddenly there's several 300s up now and looking at the Ms on them, they also seem to look similarly blunt like mine, so maybe this is just how they are and mine hasn't been altered. Still, it does look different than the 150 M nib.

Here's some writing samples showing the line width compared to other pens:

fpn_1487272887__sample_crop_1.jpg

fpn_1487273009__sample_crop_2.jpg

fpn_1487273096__samplecrop_3.jpg

Then pen itself is beautiful and I was hoping I could use it for my daily carry but I can't, not like this. (If I had big, scrawling handwriting, like the 3rd sample, I could probably make do, but even the P67 is pushing it.) A nibmeister could grind this down to a Fine, I suppose? That would be cheaper than a new nib.

Just received a luminous little orange M320 with a medium nib, just the thing for trying out some of my new orange inks. It's a tiny thing--I'd never actually laid hands on one.

http://i.imgur.com/CfzKULU.jpg

That is really pretty! I wonder if they'll ever offer anything like it in M8xx or even M6xx?