What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock? 2016

Raif79

After a fairly lengthy postal delay where the pen went "missing" for a few weeks and where it made an unplanned visit to France before flying to the US it arrived this week. I like red and so this made a perfect addition.

The M800 Souverän with F nib.

Whenever someone decides to part with a red stripe M800 (any nib) for a reasonable price, I'm here. Define "reasonable:" More than I really want to pay, less than the seller wants to take! :lticaptd:

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Godfrey

• christof

• sargetalon

• mana

I just purchased a used 800 Black and Gold in like new condition to go with my 400 Turtleshell and 605 Blue and Silver. The 800 however has a black button with gold pelican and babe on the top...when did they do this or stop doing this?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

I just purchased a used 800 Black and Gold in like new condition to go with my 400 Turtleshell and 605 Blue and Silver. The 800 however has a black button with gold pelican and babe on the top...when did they do this or stop doing this?

1987 to 1999 was when the used the gold discs. The 1987 disc is different and the bird almost looks like bolded font compared to later years.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Black Pelikan 140 with a gold EF nib. Arrival expected in the next days, unfortunately I lost a dark blue one.

Alfredo

A most beautiful and in almost pristine condition Pelikan 100, with a 14kt F proper nib. Went off the radar in transit to me, but fortunately it was only a postal delay (some 3 weeks).

Very pleased, nib performs wonderfully even on less-Rhodia-like paper.

dsc_3335.jpg?w=1024&h=402

264643240_minoxandfountainpen.png.2be96a1cb960c6ba19879d9d0fb2a13a.png              Fountain pens and Minox                                 

That's lovely. You guys keep posting pics of these 100 and 101's and I might have to expand my collection back before the 1950's... so tempting.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Pelikan 400NN brown tortoise, F with a little flex, purchased at the Philly Pen Show yesterday. Oh, she's a pretty one!

I have had several "latest" additions but perhaps the most interesting one is an M250 that I came across...

fpn_1484457162__m250_25_year_pen-1c.jpg

fpn_1484457236__m250_25_year_pen-2c.jpg

fpn_1484457253__m250_25_year_pen-3c.jpg

This employees of Pelikans Vöhrum manufacturing plant were given R/K200 Lizard sets to commemorate the anniversary. In 1906, administration and production space was moved to Hannover on the Podbielskistraße. In 1973, the facilities on the Podbielskistraße could no longer be expanded. Production of fine writing instruments was moved to Peine/Vöhrum, near Hannover. This M250 marks the 25th anniversary of that move in 1998. The cap is engraved with the Pelikan two chick logo and the phrase 25 Jahre Pelikan, Peine Vöhrum 1998 which tranlates to Pelikan 25 Years, Peine -Vöhrum 1998. This model is a bit of a frankenpen and likely put together by one of the plants workers who wanted a fountain pen. It has a pre-1997 M600 piston knob & barrel with a pre-1997 M250 cap. The nib is 14C-585 monotone gold from an M250. The original sets were very limited production and not for sale to the general public.

Edited by sargetalon

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

HI Joshua,

I do not want you to take the joy.
Just tell you my humble opinion, as I see the danger that such a pen becomes a myth in the hands of an expert like you.
As far as I know the employees got the set for the jubilee (R200/K200 LIzard). No fountain pen.
I think your pen was assembled from parts. Why should Pelikan give a pen to their employees that's not belongs togehter?
anyway have fun
fpn_1484475364__142.jpg

I'm fully aware of the lizard version as this was told to me by Mr. Dittmer and I certainly wouldn't mind finding one of those sets myself. Great pics Dominic. There was not a fountain pen with that set though and the pen I found is a bit of an unusual creation made from a mashup of pieces. That cap engraving is not something to just be lying around. I believe some may have wanted a fountain pen and created this piece from left over parts because this was the time the M600 was transitioning to the larger size. Still a neat piece that I do think was made by a worker at the plant for the commemoration. I posted late last night so I edited my original post today to say that this is likely a worker created piece to clear up any confusion.

And thanks for saying Dominic but I'm no expert. Just an enthusiast for the brand.

Edited by sargetalon

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Joshua,

If I had the idea that you're interested I would have offerd the set to you, but it's already sold.

When will you become an expert? You have a big collection, you're occupied a lot with Pelikan, you know more than most? You are an expert! ;-)

Today I was happy to start my flock with the addition of a new black M805 with a medium nib. I had sold some unused pens and inks and had the extra funds, and the opportunity came along at a great price I just couldn't resist.

I received a black M150, used but pristine. It's lovely.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

I have had several "latest" additions but perhaps the most interesting one is an M250 that I came across...

fpn_1484457162__m250_25_year_pen-1c.jpg

fpn_1484457236__m250_25_year_pen-2c.jpg

fpn_1484457253__m250_25_year_pen-3c.jpg

This employees of Pelikans Vöhrum manufacturing plant were given R/K200 Lizard sets to commemorate the anniversary. In 1906, administration and production space was moved to Hannover on the Podbielskistraße. In 1973, the facilities on the Podbielskistraße could no longer be expanded. Production of fine writing instruments was moved to Peine/Vöhrum, near Hannover. This M250 marks the 25th anniversary of that move in 1998. The cap is engraved with the Pelikan two chick logo and the phrase 25 Jahre Pelikan, Peine Vöhrum 1998 which tranlates to Pelikan 25 Years, Peine -Vöhrum 1998. This model is a bit of a frankenpen and likely put together by one of the plants workers who wanted a fountain pen. It has a pre-1997 M600 piston knob & barrel with a pre-1997 M250 cap. The nib is 14C-585 monotone gold from an M250. The original sets were very limited production and not for sale to the general public.

Nice story, Joshua!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Konis - that's not a regular M400 - I've never seen that size with two rings on the piston knob. The nib is fantastic, too - a M600? But unlike any I've seen 😲

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

would say post 1997 M400 with pre 1997 M600 nib. Nice pen.

what was I thinking

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Hello !

I bought my first Pelikan FP this week ...

It's a M205 (Aquamarine special Edition) with a F nib, and I'm over the moon : small (as I have small hands) but not too small, and the nib is so soft for a steel nib ! Really, I'm more than delighted ...

(And the Aquamarine Edelstein Ink that came with is exactly the king of colour I like : not green and not blue, but both green and blue ...)

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?

my tiny shop is open and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.

Grats on your first Pelikan! The aquamarine model is indeed a lovely one. Many happy years use!

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.