• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Godfrey

• christof

• sargetalon

• mana

Just ordered my next two Pelikans but of course don't have them yet - the 800 Grand Place and Vibrant Blue. I'm already counting the days!

Reserve my spot on this thread... lovely pens and quests from their new owners to find them.

Can´t miss a message from Joshua or Christoph!

A yellow M205 purchased from a FPN member with a nice B nib. Looks small compared to my bigger birds but very fun to write with.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I just ordered my first Pelikan a red striped m400. I'm going to see what all the fuss is about......

Pelikan M805 "Stresseman" (black / anthracite) with a Bold nib. But I will soon send it out to be ground into a cursive italic.

See this thread for a story about when I got the pen.

Love it - I want one. :)

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

I just ordered my first Pelikan a red striped m400. I'm going to see what all the fuss is about......

They sneak up on you - Parkers and Lamy had been my pen of choice until I used the Pelikans for a while, although the Lamy 2000 is in my daily carry pen case I pick up the M600 most of the time.

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

<New thread...does that mean I need to acquire a new Pelikan?>

Silly question: of <course> you do! :D

Yeah. Of course, all I need to do is win the lottery and I could maybe get one like that absolutely stunning 101 Tortoise.... :puddle:

You guys are so bad for my budget. It's "danger danger Will Robinson" every time I read this thread, or its predecessor. The Esterbrook forum is bad enough -- but Esties are still relatively cheap. Pelikans -- especially the ones I seem to find myself drooling over -- not so much.... :wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I only have 3 Pelikans but for some reason I couldn't say no to this:

img_0066.jpg

Great find! Took me forever to find my copy. Well worth it. Enjoy.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

This old 400 tortoiseshell. Can't stop these birds from breeding!

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/Raif79/IMG_7347_zpselbhxd2f.jpg

I picked up my first Pelikan, a 400NN, medium in black stripes (stripes under bright light haha) right on the New Year. Then my second one arrived from an eBay purchase a couple weeks back -- a green 140 with an EF nib.

I love the size of the 400NN, but find the nib a littttle bit too broad for my regular use (I write pretty small). So now I'm torn between having it ground down to a CI or trying to trade for a narrower nib!

They sneak up on you - Parkers and Lamy had been my pen of choice until I used the Pelikans for a while, although the Lamy 2000 is in my daily carry pen case I pick up the M600 most of the time.

I've been using a Lamy studio at work for a while now and use Viscontis at home. I just got my Pelikan in today and it will probably be new work pen for a while anyway. I have found that most any FP will sneak up on you, a year ago I didn't have any and now I'm up to 7.

I've been using a Lamy studio at work for a while now and use Viscontis at home. I just got my Pelikan in today and it will probably be new work pen for a while anyway. I have found that most any FP will sneak up on you, a year ago I didn't have any and now I'm up to 7.

What did you get? :D

What did you get? :D

M400 in red. Nothing special, wishing I would have got the 600 though. May have to do that one later.

P200 in black black black is my new birdie. Nice one, for a reasonable price.

... I believe in purple ink

@fierophreak: have an occasional look at the used pen section of nibs.com -- they have some nice Pelikans, but note that there are two sections -- ancient and modern (or, rather, vintage and modern!) I think that there is a 600 right now...

Hello All,

I'm new (though I've followed all your posts for a long time now). I bought my first two Pelikans today, thanks to all your posts (you helped me decide on Pelikan over Montblanc). I have over 20 fountain pens now, and as far as I'm concerned, Pelikans are the best.

So, the new additions to my flock are the Pelikan M 805 in black blue with an 18c M nib, and a Pelikan M 400 in white and tortoise shell with a two-tone 14c M nib. They are stunning in every way. The nib on the 805 is a touch smoother, and although I love blue pens, the tortoise shell is so pretty.

Thanks, everyone!

post-127579-0-87039700-1452924680_thumb.jpg

post-127579-0-13079500-1452924753_thumb.jpg

Edited by sciencehistorian