What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock? 2016

Raif79

Mana, so sorry to hear your tale of woe! I am hoping that you find your pen among her baggage. Even if it isn't the <best> pen in your collection, it's still a crying shame...I'd be very sore, myself! ;^(

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Godfrey

• christof

• sargetalon

• mana

Well, lucky me, my fiancée found the notebook and pen in her luggage... :D

Good news! ;)

Practice, patience, perseverance

Bad photo but this is a Pelikan M400 Old Style Green Stripes, marked W. Germany with a Broad nib. Came in today and I find it very nice...

post-38475-0-66011000-1471889233_thumb.jpg

I found a Pelikan 400 in a box in the garage. EF 14k 585 nib. Currently inked up with Lamy Blue Black.

Hey! The drill is "Pix or it didn't happen!"

You found a 400 in the *garage*? I'm soooo moving to your neighborhood.... All of my small flock were off of eBay, including the Café Crème -- one of my few pens of *any* brand with anything wider than an M -- which I lost last March (from Rolf Thiel's eBay store) and its IM nibbed replacement (an astounding bit of luck -- why someone was (1) selling it; and (2) nobody outbid me on it; so (3) I got it for less money than I paid for the one I lost are questions which defy description). Not that I'm complaining of course....

Even the M100 was a fair amount more in price than "found in the garage"! Totally jealous here. I'm pretty sure that would definitely put you in the running for "sumgai of the month".... That's an awesome find.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Just arrived on Monday. My second bird. It's an M200 with a steel nib tuned by Linda Kennedy. Do two Pelikans make a flock?

post-127872-0-71860000-1472186346.jpeg

post-127872-0-89042300-1472186359.jpeg

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet, 1.5.167-168

A writing sample of the 14c O3B

I am definitely in love :wub: :wub: :wub:

http://imgur.com/RcugP1Y.jpg

Awesome and I am jealous

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Just arrived on Monday. My second bird. It's an M200 with a steel nib tuned by Linda Kennedy. Do two Pelikans make a flock?

Someone got inspired by the template of Mr. Binder...

Yes, Linda Kennedy was trained by Richard Binder. I bought from her because I have bought too many pens in the past that needed tuning in order to write properly. She tunes all the pens sold on Indypendance's website before shipping them out. I was able to specify that I wanted a certain flow, and she delivered exactly what I asked for. I'm absolutely thrilled with this purchase.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. Hamlet, 1.5.167-168

Yes, Linda Kennedy was trained by Richard Binder. I bought from her because I have bought too many pens in the past that needed tuning in order to write properly. She tunes all the pens sold on Indypendance's website before shipping them out. I was able to specify that I wanted a certain flow, and she delivered exactly what I asked for. I'm absolutely thrilled with this purchase.

I was able to get a replacement M200 B nib from her at the Triangle Pen Show in June. I had pretty much given up hope and was going to Plan B, which was to have the IM firehose nib tweaked a bit in order to control the flow (it was a gusher even with iron gall inks). As it turned out, I was able to do both -- get the IM nib worked on, *and* get a nicely tuned B nib at the same time.

And the day before Mike Kennedy serviced a newly bought Parker Vacumatic Green Shadow Wave for me. Now I have to figure out what to put in *that* pen to get it back in rotation (he started it out with Waterman Mysterious Blue, but I already had that in the Red Shadow Wave -- and I ask you: what's the fun of having all these pens if they all have the same ink in them? :lol:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Since it was such a busy year, i couldn't post each of them and i know it is a bit unorthodox but i wanted to compensate and post all the fountain pens i've acquired this year:)

post-123421-0-30613700-1472647970_thumb.jpeg

I believe that he trained her...?

Thank you for the info... I tried to look for it on their webpage but couldn't find it.

Are you looking for how to specify how you would like the pen tuned? You do that during checkout. There's a place for you to write some comments. Just describe your writing preferences. That's what I did.