What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock? 2016

Raif79

This.

23606573604_26822a222b_c.jpg

A great way to start the year. :-)

Love the colour - enjoy..... :)

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Godfrey

• christof

• sargetalon

• mana

I love that pen, Soot! It is gorgeous. Now, here is what arrived for <me> yesterday -- in the company of its modern cousin and also my 100NNs...(and there is something non-Pelikan on its way from Herr Christof, too...how <am> I going to pay the rent next month?)

This 101 Tortoise came from Tom Westerich, who is <very> charming and nice to deal with; the modern red tortoise came from the ever-gracious Rick Propas and I await an Osmia from himself -- Christof, who is also absolutely wonderful to deal with! Anyone who fancies a 100 -- I know he has a lovely one for sale, right now.

post-104292-0-59354600-1452269212_thumb.jpg

post-104292-0-19485700-1452269226_thumb.jpg

Edited by Christopher Godfrey

Wow soot! A great way to start, endure, and complete a whole year. Fabulous pen!

Love the colour - enjoy..... :)

Wow Soot That is an outstanding pen! I have never seen anything like that on eBay!

Thanks, all!

Congrats Bob!

These are a league of their own.

c.

Yes, they are! I am still searching for the two-ring version... That's a tough one! You got real lucky with that one. :-)

I love that pen, Soot! It is gorgeous.

I used to have a few tortoise 101N, but at the end I am more attracted to the 400s so I sold all my 101s.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/Raif79/96be6b68-6e2b-4025-acd3-7c6ee6f34db2_zps7rs4rx2a.jpg

It's growing on me.

This.

23606573604_26822a222b_c.jpg

A great way to start the year. :-)

Soot, can you tell us about this beautiful pen. Is it a 140? How is this extra-beautiful tortoise described?

Thanks, Dave

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Visconti Homo Sapiens Lava Steel. It was an impulse buy on KJ Beckett website. On sale with 40% discount, £194. I tried this pen before and if it would have an ink window I would buy it a while ago. Still, a good pen for the price I paid. Very nice fine palladium nib. And material really is scratch resistant.

Inked: Sailor King Pro Gear, Sailor Nagasawa Proske, Sailor 1911 Standard, Parker Sonnet Chiselled Carbon, Parker 51, Pilot Custom Heritage 92, Platinum Preppy

Soot, can you tell us about this beautiful pen. Is it a 140? How is this extra-beautiful tortoise described?

Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave,

Like dnic stated above, it's a 400NN light tortoise.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

Hi and, happy new year to all.

I have been looking for a Pelikan holder for ages and finally found this lapis blue bird for a reasonable price.

Unfortunately I am moving and most of my pens packed away in storage so don't have anything "Pelikan" to feed it.

Right now it is at work desk with a MB Boheme pencil in its bill, I figured at least its German.

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-sCnjJ7W/0/O/s-l500.jpg

Nice. I've mostly seen the white ones for sale (and generally for more -- a LOT more -- than I'm willing to pay.

I have a small sized gold stand, but I would happily trade it (box and all) for a small blue one.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Nice. I've mostly seen the white ones for sale (and generally for more -- a LOT more -- than I'm willing to pay.

I have a small sized gold stand, but I would happily trade it (box and all) for a small blue one.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Ruth, I bought mine at the DC show. In fact, I think I was standing at the table where I bought it when I met you.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I love that pen, Soot! It is gorgeous. Now, here is what arrived for <me> yesterday -- in the company of its modern cousin and also my 100NNs...(and there is something non-Pelikan on its way from Herr Christof, too...how <am> I going to pay the rent next month?)

This 101 Tortoise came from Tom Westerich, who is <very> charming and nice to deal with; the modern red tortoise came from the ever-gracious Rick Propas and I await an Osmia from himself -- Christof, who is also absolutely wonderful to deal with! Anyone who fancies a 100 -- I know he has a lovely one for sale, right now.

Oh my. That tortoise of yours has me drooling. Seeing yours and the 400nn from Soot just reinforces my notion that I should continue to sock away my lunch money until I have enough to bring one of these home. Seeing yours along side the new era 101n Red Tortoise only reinforces my notion that the originals are what I really want.

I know just what you mean about vintage and modern reiterations of them -- I really fell same way; but don't worry about lunch money -- remember that Joshua said, earlier, that we don't <need> clothes or food!* He should know ;^)

Mind you, I still love my modern red tortoise! It isn't going anywhere.

PS: * Apologies: he wrote this in another thread; but you've probably seen it...

Edited by Christopher Godfrey

Got a wonderful 120 Merz & Krell 120 for Christmas with EF nib. I think Grandma overpaid for it but oh well. I'm also awaiting my m400 White Tortoise from Massdrop and I can't stop salivating over the m201 Bayou. Can't believe I missed out on that beauty.

<New thread...does that mean I need to acquire a new Pelikan?>

Silly question: of <course> you do! :D

Bexley Owners Club 2016 LE 12/40 Orange Ripple with a .9 Cursive Italic nib done beautifully by Linda Hamilton at Indy-Pen-Dance in Indiana.

Learning to use this nib has been an effort, but the results are well worth it.

j1020