What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock? 2016

Raif79

This is mine, a humble bird with a long tail. :)

26528648746_3d5fa47bb4_z.jpg

I've been checking my mailbox anxiously for it for days, so I'm very much looking forward to inking it up.

Okay, I'll bite. What is that sort of bottle opener shaped piece of metal (plastic?) in the upper left hand corner of the box?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Godfrey

• christof

• sargetalon

• mana

I think it's the nib removal tool? The instructions are all in German and I can't read them, but that's what it looks like from the illustrations.

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

I think it's the nib removal tool? The instructions are all in German and I can't read them, but that's what it looks like from the illustrations.

Indeed it is. Just slot the nib and feed into the groove, squeeze the two ends together gently, and twist the pen. Not sure that it's any more practical than doing it by hand though.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Indeed it is. Just slot the nib and feed into the groove, squeeze the two ends together gently, and twist the pen. Not sure that it's any more practical than doing it by hand though.

Ah, thanks for the instructions. :) It's a neat little tool, so even if it's not as practical I still want to use it. :P

I was once a bottle of ink, Inky Dinky Thinky Inky, Blacky Minky Bottle of Ink!

Black post-WWII 100N, looks almost NOS, crystal clear ink window, shiny clip and cap rings, no dents, scratches or scuffs other than some very slight lengthwise scuffs on the nib. Plus some ink residue. Other than that? Near mint, makes a really nice addition to the flock. :)

Also, waiting for a bunch of wrecked 120, going to salvage them for pistons and piston seals. The piston rods on those are the same as the ones used in the synthetic seal 100N, seals the same as you can see in the very last 100N's manufactured (and also in 400 and 120/140). So yeah, exact replacement parts there to be had. ;)

If you need any let me know, will see what is available once I get my hands on the scraps (still more than a bit of mystery).

The M805 Vibrant Blue is my newest addition depicted here with its M8xx flock mates...

fpn_1461376457__img_9705_2.jpg

Edited by sargetalon

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Oooh, your Athens is beautiful - congrats. It's my favorite of the City pens.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

...aaand now with a picture. The latest is the black one second from right.

What a fantastic collection!! :notworthy1: :puddle:

Congrats and enjoy your pens!

The M805 Vibrant Blue is my newest addition depicted here with its M8xx flock mates...

Wow! Those big birds seem to be reproducing really fast! Wonderful! :notworthy1: :puddle:

Enjoy those wonderful pens.

...aaand now with a picture. The latest is the black one second from right.

WOW! Love your 100n's!

Helped a local store get rid of the leftovers taking up space on their shelf. :P

However, my dilemma is whether to open them or to keep them on the shelf for a few more years...

fpn_1461825266__pinklady.jpg

Hard decisions....

Yes, mana: lovely collection of 100Ns...I like (very much)!

These two just arrived late last week and early this week. Both gorgeous. It appears I have a wide medium (different pen, not pictured here) and a narrow broad, so they're about the same size, but I'm not too bothered by that.

post-127525-0-52933700-1462397882_thumb.jpg

For me it's the replacement Café Crème. Only it didn't have a B nib -- it's got this big honking italic nib (the box sticker says M, which was crossed out and "It" written with a sharpie; the tag on the inside of the box also says M; the barcode sticker says IM). But if that's an IM I'll eat my hat. It seems way too big, and puts down way too fat a line on the page. I'll try to get photos/scans up in a day or two to let people take a crack at what the nib *really* is (the marking on the nib itself just says "I"). Seriously considering whether or not to get a regular ol' B nib for it because the nib is almost too big (and of course, being a Pelikan, it's also really wet and juicy...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

These two just arrived late last week and early this week. Both gorgeous. It appears I have a wide medium (different pen, not pictured here) and a narrow broad, so they're about the same size, but I'm not too bothered by that.

attachicon.gif20160503_121759.jpg

did u replace the nib on grand place... i though it never came with double broad stub

Edited by mehandiratta

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

did u replace the nib on grand place... i though it never came with double broad stub

The Grand Place has the broad. The double broad stub is on the Brown Tortoiseshell which I bought used. Though I may swap them.