What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock? 2016

Raif79

This is the new 2016 version of the topic:

What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock?

The last posts in the old topic can be found here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/249911-whats-your-most-recent-addition-to-the-flock/page-72?do=findComment&comment=3526749

Enjoy

D.ick

(Sorry for hijacking your post, Raif)

===============================================================================================================================================

===============================================================================================================================================

Ok I can add a 400 Tortoiseshell Brown with EF nib to my collection. 3 Pelikans in 30 days. I'm in trouble and going broke. Anyone want to part with an M400 green, or M600 green?

Edited by RMN
rejuvenating topic

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christopher Godfrey

• christof

• sargetalon

• mana

Ok I can add a 400 Tortoiseshell Brown with EF nib to my collection. 3 Pelikans in 30 days. I'm in trouble and going broke. Anyone want to part with an M400 green, or M600 green?

Congratulations! The tortoiseshells are amazing.

Pelikans are dangerous that way. You buy one just to give it at try, and when you realize the pen cabinet is completely taken by them (and the checking account empty). I can't help you with the green ones, as I have no plans of partying with my birds, much to the contrary, the plan is to add ;).

I have a Pelikan 120 en route at the moment. From the photos on ebay, it looks like a Merz and Krell (type II) A black one. Very inexpensive, but not sure what nib it has even. Once I have in hand I'll post photos and reveal more information.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Congratulations! The tortoiseshells are amazing.

Pelikans are dangerous that way. You buy one just to give it at try, and when you realize the pen cabinet is completely taken by them (and the checking account empty). I can't help you with the green ones, as I have no plans of partying with my birds, much to the contrary, the plan is to add ;).

Why do you gotta be greedy? Now I'll use my Jedi mind trick on you. You will sell me some Pelikans. These are the dollars you're looking for.

These birds are breeding!

Just got a BB nib for my M1000. I just love those broad nibs!

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Double post! I have a few Pelikan 120. For me the 120 was a walk down memory lane as this was a pen I saved and saved for in graduate school. Mine back then, in the 70's, was the black and green model. I can't remember what ink I used then, probably Parker or Sheaffer, but I know it was black!

Edited by OCArt

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I own a vintage Pelikan 400 with a flexy nib and a "matching" (okay, similar) ballpoint. But just recently expanded the flock unexpectedly when an auction job lot produced a Pelikan 120 that was still in its plastic case and didn't appear to have been used... It's like a teenage Pelikan I guess.

I'd post a photo, but can't quite figure out how to do that.

Edited by SherriSLS

My green M800 flew in this morning - medium nib and writes as sweet as a nut. :)

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

Hey, Chief Plumber (well, that's what your avatar says, innit?), I <thought> you sounded nutty...!

Enjoy your newest member of the family. ;^)

Hey, Chief Plumber (well, that's what your avatar says, innit?), I <thought> you sounded nutty...!

Enjoy your newest member of the family. ;^)

Well thanks you for that.....

I think Chief Plumber sounds a little better than 'Rare' or 'Extremely Rare' those labels sort of make you feel like a steak cooking on the grill...... :)

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

They're not quite here yet, but in addition to my blue M800 and red and green (cursive italic) M600's, I have a burnt orange M800 on the way this week and I just preordered the Grand Place M800 from CFP, which is slated for a February release.

John

Fountain pen lover

Hi and, happy new year to all.

I have been looking for a Pelikan holder for ages and finally found this lapis blue bird for a reasonable price.

Unfortunately I am moving and most of my pens packed away in storage so don't have anything "Pelikan" to feed it.

Right now it is at work desk with a MB Boheme pencil in its bill, I figured at least its German.

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-sCnjJ7W/0/O/s-l500.jpg

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

I have been looking for a Pelikan holder for ages and finally found this lapis blue bird for a reasonable price.

Unfortunately I am moving and most of my pens packed away in storage so don't have anything "Pelikan" to feed it.

Right now it is at work desk with a MB Boheme pencil in its bill, I figured at least its German.

Feeding MB to a Pelikan may cause indigestion in the bird. A more appropriate diet would be koi (maki-e acceptable) :D

Nice catch. Congrats.

Yikes.... what a terrible thing to feed a Pelikan the poor little darling will end up with gas feeding it a MB..... :D

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

This.

23606573604_26822a222b_c.jpg

A great way to start the year. :-)

Edited by Soot

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

This...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!

Congratulations.

Edited by Lam1

Is that a Pelikan or a "blue bird"? Seriously it looks nice. I have one in white and would like one in brown to to honor the state bird, the brown pelican, of Louisiana, my home state.

Regards

Jeff

Gordon: your new avatar is perfect! Good on yer.

My newest arrived today from Europe (Italy, if you must know) and I shall post pics tomorrow, after I have down-loaded from camera. Needless to say, I am in seventh heaven and you'll soon see why...

(Damn this inter-breeding business! It <is> bad for the purse-strings, isn't it?)

Gordon: your new avatar is perfect! Good on yer.

My newest arrived today from Europe (Italy, if you must know) and I shall post pics tomorrow, after I have down-loaded from camera. Needless to say, I am in seventh heaven and you'll soon see why...

(Damn this inter-breeding business! It <is> bad for the purse-strings, isn't it?)

I never thought I would see the day, all this time my most favourite pen has been my Lamy 2000, but now it is a M600 Pelikan red/black with a medium nib I grab as my first choice carry pen and the Lamy 2000 is the alternate pen. So I figured it would be appropriate to have a focused Pelikan as my avatar :)

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

This.

23606573604_26822a222b_c.jpg

Wow soot! A great way to start, endure, and complete a whole year. Fabulous pen!