A Review Of Namiki Emperor In Vermillion Urushi

sannidh

Lovely! The Yukari Royale is on my list of pens to buy next time I'm in Tokyo. How does it compare to the Emperor?

Thanks mongrelnomad. The Y.R#20 nib does render some characteristic softness and springiness like the Emperor (when it was new). :D

Whether the nib will almost turn out quite well like the Emperor nib after 2-3 months of use, is a difficult question to answer. In all probability it's not high since finally the amount of gold for movement of nib is almost 2.5x in the emperor. :wacko:

But it's one definite addition to your vermillion emperor for your travels :wub:

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sannidh

• Mew

• hari317

• mongrelnomad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really great that you decided to give some company to the emperor. Congratulations. :)

Looking forward to your review of Yukari Royale.

Just one thing, isn't yukari royale just a money minter for Namiki? Emperor doesn't cost a whole lot more than yukari. 🤔

Really great that you decided to give some company to the emperor. Congratulations. :)

Looking forward to your review of Yukari Royale.

Just one thing, isn't yukari royale just a money minter for Namiki? Emperor doesn't cost a whole lot more than yukari.

Thank you Mew :)

Yes I agree it's a namiki money minter, but it's only when Emperor doesn't cost a lot more than the yukari :P

Edited by sannidh

Just got mine today. It is beautiful. Huge pen but light, so far i wrote about three pages and it write wet and smooth. I got the FM nib.

Just got mine today. It is beautiful. Huge pen but light, so far i wrote about three pages and it write wet and smooth. I got the FM nib.

Hearty Congratulations :)

May this pen give you happiness for a long time.

• 1 month later...

I read a few reviews and all are in favor for one without rings (esp. vermillion version). Would you kindly enlighten me why is that so?

They look a lot cleaner and simpler. Most of the folks here who buy one want the simplified look.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

They look a lot cleaner and simpler. Most of the folks here who buy one want the simplified look.

+1

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I am not trying to be tacky here. I just agree with the comments above by jmccarty3 and zaddick that it is the simple yet stunning nature of the downplayed Japanese urushi that excites people (at lease me). Here is a link to my review with different photos covering this from a different angle. If this is offensive in any way please feel free to delete my post or ask me to delete the post. I just thought another look at some more photos would help here. GREAT review you have done here. Not trying to divert from your good work. Thank you.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/315448-two-classic-pens-lb5-nagahara-cross-point-reviews/

Edited by Ebonite And Ivory

I am happy to meet you. Please message me if you have any questions or want to be pen friends.

Thanks for sharing. Perhaps i am used to the rings hence prefer one with. Noted the simplicity without rings

Luckily, you have the option to choose what you like best. In the past it was no rings only.

I am also picky about the nib and like the older ones with just the text, not the Mt. Fuji logo. Feels more "vintagey" to me which I enjoy.

I went out from my comfort zone and gotten the broad nib. It takes a while to get used to. I bought the official namiki pen pouch which is super tight fit. It scratches my rings badly to almost brassing.

What kind of sleeve or pouch does everyone use to carry this pen?

I went out from my comfort zone and gotten the broad nib. It takes a while to get used to. I bought the official namiki pen pouch which is super tight fit. It scratches my rings badly to almost brassing.

There have been a few threads on cases that fit a #50 pen, but I ended up buying a custom leather case from member MY63. He has a great thread where he shares his progres son projects. My case is shown around August on page 48 of the thread. Here are some shots of the case:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/255117-making-a-pen-case/?p=3702909

Another member had one made for a MB 1914 pen and another one for a Namiki #50. It is in a style similar to Nakaya cases:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/255117-making-a-pen-case/?p=3700146

Not the cheapest option, but you get exactly what you want and it will protect you pen a lot better than the Namiki case. I only use mine for storage.

I bought a cigar case. Works perfectly.

Too many pens; too little writing.

If you like writing with emperor-sized pen like Vermillion or Black Urushi, is the Maki-e Emperor size is the likely next step?