A Review Of Namiki Emperor In Vermillion Urushi

sannidh

Fantastic review! Thank you so much.

I am hoping that one day I will be able to buy this pen. The Japanese eye-dropper is possibly the best filling system available today. It's simple and effective. It's also quite an elegant design.

Edited by akustyk

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sannidh

• Mew

• hari317

• mongrelnomad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic review! Thank you so much.

I am hoping that one day I will be able to buy this pen. The Japanese eye-dropper is possibly the best filling system available today. It's simple and effective. It's also quite an elegant design.

Thank you..Hope you get your pen soon :)

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

Would you mind posting some photos of the case (and a link if you have one? This pen writes too damn well (and my life is too untethered) for it to be relegated to a desktop.

This is not the case Shuuemura referred to but it looks like it might do the job.

And on sale for 20 bucks !!

Napa Leather XL Single Pen Case
This supple napa leather pen case has a single zippered entry
Fully lined with a jacquard nylon to protect your investment

Intentionally oversized to accommodate the Namiki Emperor and other large oversized pens
http://i.imgur.com/L5LpY4U.jpg

This is not the case Shuuemura referred to but it looks like it might do the job.

And on sale for 20 bucks !!

Napa Leather XL Single Pen Case
This supple napa leather pen case has a single zippered entry
Fully lined with a jacquard nylon to protect your investment

Intentionally oversized to accommodate the Namiki Emperor and other large oversized pens

That's really a nice portable 1-pen case.. I might get one of those. Thanks for sharing :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Mr. Rene :D

I am sure this beats the Emperor in dimensions, albeit nib size is same. Aptly called the Yokozuna. :yikes:

There was also a sailor emperor in the 1920s...sailor called the nib size 60 (it was supposedly sailor's largest nib, more in the linked pic)

http://www.kamakurapen.com/SiteImages/Catalog/SailorFlatTop2.jpg

I am expecting a reply from them :D

Though Yoda says, "Lazy, they are" :lol:

Regards,

Sonik

Thank you very much for the wonderful review and lovely photos.

I have an identical Emperor but with the older 14K nib and I really love it.

Regarding the Sailor size 60 nib, while, it is a large nib, it's far smaller than the Pilot <50>. In fact, Sailor had a size 80 as well, but the largest nib Sailor produced back then was the size 200. This is a super rare nib and I am lucky enough to own a pre-war Sailor pen with it :)

Regarding the Sailor size 60 nib, while, it is a large nib, it's far smaller than the Pilot <50>. In fact, Sailor had a size 80 as well, but the largest nib Sailor produced back then was the size 200. This is a super rare nib and I am lucky enough to own a pre-war Sailor pen with it :)

Would it be possible for you to post a comparative picture of that nib with the emperor 14k nib?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Mew

I received mine earlier, but was unable to get the right color of the pen like you did Soniknitr. :)

Great review. Thanks. :)

post-127041-0-42580500-1457378441_thumb.jpeg

post-127041-0-81838100-1457378530_thumb.jpeg

Would it be possible for you to post a comparative picture of that nib with the emperor 14k nib?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Mew

I will do that in the coming days Mew!

Thank you Nikolaos for sharing the info regarding Sailor. (Sailor Size#200 nib :yikes:) I feel that, to write with the Vermillion#50 or to take its picture is much more pleasurable than the effort spent!!

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Mew

Like Mew here, I also need a comparative glimpse with Sailor#200. :notworthy1:

Regards,

Sonik

I received mine earlier, but was unable to get the right color of the pen like you did Soniknitr. :)

Great review. Thanks. :)

Congratulations Mew :thumbup: :thumbup:

The color looks just lovely :wub:

How do you like/compare the width of the FM nib?

Congratulations Mew :thumbup: :thumbup:

The color looks just lovely :wub:

How do you like/compare the width of the FM nib?

I was unable to get the correct color in the picture as you were able to. :)

I have inked it up with Kobe #39 and the nib width seems acceptable. Ofcourse it will get narrower over time because ink gets dried up and more saturated inside the barrel and probably reducing flow as well.

Balance is impeccable. I don't feel like writing with other pens I have after getting this. :)

I was unable to get the correct color in the picture as you were able to. :)

I have inked it up with Kobe #39 and the nib width seems acceptable. Ofcourse it will get narrower over time because ink gets dried up and more saturated inside the barrel and probably reducing flow as well.

Balance is impeccable. I don't feel like writing with other pens I have after getting this. :)

The color looks great in visvamitra's review here. I had a bottle of older sailor red grenade :)

I too share the same conclusion, "balance is impeccable". And I am probably using the m1000 more frequently now during travelling. :)

Regards,

Sonik

Yes, I got the ink at the same time as the pen, so I inked it up it. :)

Ink has nice lubrication and the pen is wet writer so using up ink will not be as painful as I had expected.

Plus, red pen (vermillion) needs a similarly colored ink, at least for the first filling.

Every pen feels too small when compared to the emperor and i have quickly grown used to it's size. :)

May I ask how you take photographs so that I can get the accurate color next time? It looks a bit orange in this one I posted earlier.

Best Regards,

Mew

May I ask how you take photographs so that I can get the accurate color next time? It looks a bit orange in this one I posted earlier.

Usually for these photos I prefer afternoon sunlight, at low to medium focal lengths (< 70 mm), so that the colors do not brighten like they do with phone cameras + artificial white light..

Hope you give it a try :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry it took so long but here's a comparison photo of the modern Namiki Emperor #50 next to a vintage Sailor 200. The 200 was the largest and probably the rarest vintage nib that Sailor made. This one dates from 1922. Only a couple of them are known to exist

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr109/nikolaos_photos/50vs200_zpsbzkmj04s.jpg

NIkolaos

Edited by Nikolaos

Hi guys,

Sorry it took so long but here's a comparison photo of the modern Namiki Emperor #50 next to a vintage Sailor 200. The 200 was the largest and probably the rarest vintage nib that Sailor made. This one dates from 1922. Only a couple of them are known to exist

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr109/nikolaos_photos/50vs200_zpsbzkmj04s.jpg

NIkolaos

Thanks for sharing Nikolaos :)

:notworthy1:

Does this beauty come in a piston or converter option?

Nope.....

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy