The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Deep Sea Green - Graf Von Faber-Castell

graf von faber-castell

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,123 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 16:02

My first thought was Herbin Vert Empire. (Japanese ink was horribly expensive Germany until Amazon....and my few words Japanese is 55 years out of date. In I don't even have the 100 mainland Euro inks (half only), I don't have any Japanese inks.)

It does seem to shade well.

The Atlantic was a bit darker when I sailed it in a troop ship in '65'.

What is the true face of Alec Guinness?

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

Semi-flex is an “almost” flex; not a ‘flex’ nib. It is great for regular writing with a touch of flair. It can give you some fancy; but it is not made for real fancy writing. For bit more of that get a maxi-semi-flex. Both spread tines 3X.  Those are not "Flex" nibs. 

Wider than Normal does not exist. Wider than Japanese does. Every company has it's very own standard + slop/tolerance. Developed from the users of it's pens and inks only; not the users or inks of other companies pens.  Paper and ink matter to nib width. Thank god for 1/2 sizes or it would be boring.

Sponsored Content

#22 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:40

My carts came and I'm trying it out in a Pelikano P450. I also see it as more blue/grey than blue/green but the color is very nice and it's well-behaved, too, no show/bleed on the office laser paper. It's not super wet, like Sailor, but it's wet enough for a smooth line in the P450 (reminds me of the Pelikan 4001 Pink I have another 450). It doesn't dry super fast in the nib while I cogitate, either, like some other inks. Very pleased. Pleased enough to spend $45 for a whole bottle? Maybe a couple more packs of the carts and look for something cheaper for the M300. Thanks again, vis.

ETA: The lack of green I noticed might be down to the fluorescent lighting at work; at home under mixed lighting, a slight greenish cast was more apparent. Looks a little like Diamine Teal.

Edited by chromantic, 11 April 2017 - 02:22.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#23 SUNIL GARG

SUNIL GARG

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:21

If you are in perfumes how can you not be in appreciating the bottles they come in.  

To me if you are into FPs & inks you have to have at least a Bottle of some GvFC Ink.   

Then the latest leaning CdA Bottle.  Old CdA  30ml square too.  Iroshi, J Herbin 1670, Omas. 

Maybe Diamine 150  triangle, yes of course.  And how can you do without the famous  Old & 

New  little  Mont Blanc glass shoes.  Yes  this current Waterman Ink Bottle is a design Classic.

To me, all the above look just great & Except for 1670 highly functional & friendly designs.

Edited by SUNIL GARG, 16 June 2017 - 05:23.

#24 ManofKent

ManofKent

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:08

Thank you for the review. I like the colour, but if it's that dry and unsaturated it's not for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graf von faber-castell

Sponsored Content

|