• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• eliweisz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stipula vallechi inked with maruzen athena sepia. After trying out several browns, this one could lay down a fine deep brown line from the wet medium nib.

I keep going back to my favorite. A Green/Black Jinhao X450 with a Noodlers non tipped fine nib, and Koh I Noor green ink.

Nothing else seems to do it for me. There are, however, so many pen and nib combinations to try.

BTW, Happy New Year to all of you :D

Today I am using Jinhao 889 (review) which is fitted with #5 Medium Nib and it is filled with KWZ IG #3 ink.

word-02.jpg?w=768

A lovely shade of green. Thanks for the review - maybe I'll buy this little Jinhao some day. Once in a while, I give pens as a gift (it started long before my pen craze), and this one seems rather nice.

A new eBay purchase for me today. A super bold-nibbed Sheaffer 444XG, which came with an original document that suggests it was first sold on my 3rd birthday. So I took this to mean I *had* to have this pen, so possibly paid more than I should have done, especially considering I am broke after Christmas and really don't need another pen (does this all sound a little familiar, anybody?).

31832173012_6bec4757e9.jpg

Love these nibs. Congrats on your new purchase!

Probably my last metal lyrics post for 2016...

Pelikan Souveran M805 Demonstrator

Sailor 4 Seasons Yama Dori

Rhodia Dotbook

31863682741_653052c1df_c.jpg

Long time no see! Good to have you around ;)

And going over some online tutorials...

and with a little Prismacolor because I can never leave well enough alone.

fpn_1483247577__4.jpg

Pretty sketches indeed. Show us more, please!

Practice, patience, perseverance

Something bright for the first day of 2017.

The pen, loaned by a friend, is Faber-Castell Ondoro (Medium steel nib). I never wanted to get one - liked the idea (an hommage to Faber-Castell pencils), but thought it will be extremely uncomfortable to handle. It turned out as one of the most user-friendly pens I ever tried. The concave section is short, but fits my grip perfectly. No problems with this fat faceted barrel. Good balance when used unposted (the cap is rather heavy). And most important, the Ondoro is a fabulous writer - smooth, dependable, reliable.

See the performance on Atoma paper:

http://c3.staticflickr.com/1/520/31769484746_e03cb20e74_c.jpg

http://c1.staticflickr.com/1/673/31769487376_36f8a5541b_c.jpg

and on 90gsm Clairefontaine:

http://c5.staticflickr.com/1/707/31713949012_54274b5c9d_c.jpg

http://c7.staticflickr.com/1/527/31713947422_77eaf93271_c.jpg

The ink is Diamine Blaze Orange

Something bright for the first day of 2017.

The pen, loaned by a friend, is Faber-Castell Ondoro (Medium steel nib). I never wanted to get one - liked the idea (an hommage to Faber-Castell pencils), but thought it will be extremely uncomfortable to handle. It turned out as one of the most user-friendly pens I ever tried. The concave section is short, but fits my grip perfectly. No problems with this fat faceted barrel. Good balance when used unposted (the cap is rather heavy). And most important, the Ondoro is a fabulous writer - smooth, dependable, reliable.

See the performance on Atoma paper:

http://c3.staticflickr.com/1/520/31769484746_e03cb20e74_c.jpg

http://c1.staticflickr.com/1/673/31769487376_36f8a5541b_c.jpg

and on 90gsm Clairefontaine:

http://c5.staticflickr.com/1/707/31713949012_54274b5c9d_c.jpg

http://c7.staticflickr.com/1/527/31713947422_77eaf93271_c.jpg

The ink is Diamine Blaze Orange

That Faber Castell looks stunning

I always seem to have five or six in the herd.

fpn_1483246557__pens.jpg

And going over some online tutorials...

fpn_1483246719__sketches.jpg

and with a little Prismacolor because I can never leave well enough alone.

fpn_1483247577__4.jpg

Please submit your work to the art thread as well, great stuff.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/15494-fpns-pen-art-gallery/

Pilot 78G (B nib), inked with Diamine Pumpkin.

Having used the Pilot Lucina for the past few days, you have inspired me to ink up my Pilot 78G (Double Broad) with Diamine Brandy Dazzle--to tackle some notes I have to mail.

Mostly business as usual: Wing Sung 233 (I don't even know why, but I love that pen) and 322 (XXF nib heck yes), Kaigelu 316 (now with Pelikan royal blue - more manageable, but almost a tad too dry; might try Standardgraph next for a happy medium), Hero 616 (the nib is highly interesting).

However, I also went through most of my inked-up pens and used a few of those more extensively than usual, as well:
Parker 45 (enjoyable, albeit slightly weird) and 75 (unreliable and has dry-out issues, but when it writes, it writes rather well)
A few Jinhao x450's (every time I don't use those for a while, I'm surprised by how good they are)

Lamy AL-Star (the EF nib I have on that is pretty good, and Diamine Saddle Brown is the perfect ink for that pen/nib combo)

My two Italic frankenpens (lovely as always; both Pelikan 4001 violet and Diamine Oxblood are excellent Italic inks)

That incredibly beat-up cheapskate vintage pen, which I've lovingly named "The FUBAR". Still astonished that this thing actually writes.

I'm right in the middle of a two week vacation trip and took with me these two:

Parker 51 plum demi, medium nib, with Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black

Lamy 2000, medium nib, with MB Royal Blue

Having used the Pilot Lucina for the past few days, you have inspired me to ink up my Pilot 78G (Double Broad) with Diamine Brandy Dazzle--to tackle some notes I have to mail.

Good to know my entry could inspire someone - especially someone like you, Helen ;)

Isn't it 2017?

It seems it is. Time for a new thread?

Cleaning out my Visconti Ti skeleton today

Using:

Pelikan M800 Tortoise

Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange

How heavy is the Ti Skeleton uncapped? Thought about buying it.

Oh and I guess I should add to the thread too.

Visconti HS London Fog with a Pd 1.3mm stub inked with Akkerman #10 IG (favorite PI atm)

And alongisde my other daily writers,

a Visconti Kakadu #100/100 with the ol' 18K M nib and,

a Pilot Custom 823 with a 14K M nib.

post-131799-0-85292700-1483353467_thumb.jpg

post-131799-0-43084900-1483353882_thumb.jpg

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib

Parker 51 Signet

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/edulpj/IMG_20161223_163759522_zpsdscs7io3.jpg

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

Sorry!

Posted in the wrong thread.

Moved to the "Show us" thread.

Ian

Edited by Ian the Jock