What Pens Are You Using Today 2016

RMN

Noodler's FPC (Cobalt), flex nib, with PR Arabian Rose

Noodler's Charlie, flex (?) nib, with diluted Noodler's Bay State Blue

Parker Vac Major (Silver Pearl), F nib, with diluted Diamine Silver Fox

Parker Vac Junior (Red Shadow Wave) F nib, with Waterman Mysterious Blue

Parker 51 Aero Demi (Plum), M nib, with Iroshihzuku Ama-Iro

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Freddy

• mehandiratta

• eliweisz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For Work notes I'm using the Pilot Custom 74 SFM with Pilot Blue ink,

For Personal ToDo notes I'm using the Lamy 2000 with Noodlers Black.

It's a toss up as to which one is more enjoyable!

Pilot Custom 74, SFM nib inked with Liberty's Elysium

Pilot Metro, Plumix nib inked with Waterman Florida Blue

Pilot Custom 74, SFM nib inked with Liberty's Elysium

Pilot Metro, Plumix nib inked with Waterman Florida Blue

How do you like your Pilot C74 with the SFM nib? Mine has a super smooth nib and writes wonderfully!

Montblanc rollerball for clients to sign documents – the refill cartridge has Noodler's Blue Eel that is transitioning to Ottoman Azure.

Pelikan M101N Tortoiseshell Brown special edition inked with Pelikan 4001 Königsblau.

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

I'm using my newly arrived Omas Arco Brown Paragon, filled it with Edelstein Tanzanite.

Hard to write with though when I keep staring at it.

Tanzanite may be a mistake though.....

FiveEightySeven

Wahl: #72

Sheaffer: Vigilant

Parker: Vacumatic '35

Montblanc: 252

Bexley: America The Beautiful Sweet celluloid

Montblanc: Diplomat 18c purchased 44 years ago

Bexley: Original with a SWEET Minka

Montblanc: Dumas

They are filled with the Blues.............

fpn_1464143370__theatredelabsurdedadaism

Fred

A Cigarette and a Silhouette..Bailey/Norvo

The thought comes from one of the Great American Poet and Writer, Carl Sandburg. He was winner of three Pulitzer Prizes.

The pen in rotation today is Italix Parson’s Essential with Broad Italic Nib and it is inked with Diamine Eau Di Nil.

234.jpg?w=1000

345.jpg?w=1000

134.jpg?w=1000

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

The thought comes from one of the Great American Poet and Writer, Carl Sandburg. He was winner of three Pulitzer Prizes.

The pen in rotation today is Italix Parson’s Essential with Broad Italic Nib and it is inked with Diamine Eau Di Nil.

234.jpg?w=1000

That is a handsome looking pen

I always carry a Parker 45 in my shirt pocket. This time, my second pen is an old Sheaffer cartridge pen from the 1960's. It has the typical chrome cap and a transparent blue barrel. There were no Script cartridges in my "stuff" box. They are no always easy to find. The available International Standard cartridge has a flat end. I punched a pilot hole in the flat end, using a push pin. I used a small nail to widen the hole slightly. The substitute cartridge works fine. The pen writes well with the unknown blue black ink. I'll probably refill the cart with HOD.

The Sheaffer "punch", in the section, is a very substantial piece of steel, so I didn't mind the tight "force fit" of the cartridge. I advise caution with any other pen. As the cartridge get loose, from repeated reuse, I intend to drop in a ballpoint pen spring to keep it in place. (Hey, BP's have their uses.)

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Lamy Al-Star in Coffee

Newton in a beautiful brown swirl

Pelikan M800 Grand Place

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Aaaaaaand this pen is now officially on my wishlist. And pretty darn high up, too. It's beautiful.

-

I'm using my new Jinhao x450 (blue twist). It's beautiful and writes pretty well - but I'll need to get another ink for it. Pelikan Blue-Black works, sure*, but this pen deserves a more vibrant, deep blue ink. Probably one of the Diamine blues.

*which is nice, actually, because I use BlBk to test for flow problems and baby's bottom syndome; most German inks can be quite dry and BlBk is the driest one I know, while still being nice to your pens - if THAT doesn't get you skipping and start-up problems, pretty much nothing will. If it does, you can pretty much forget the entire 4001 line of ink. Minus violet, maybe, that one seems to be a bit more reliable.

Aaaaaaand this pen is now officially on my wishlist. And pretty darn high up, too. It's beautiful.

-

I'm using my new Jinhao x450 (blue twist). It's beautiful and writes pretty well - but I'll need to get another ink for it. Pelikan Blue-Black works, sure*, but this pen deserves a more vibrant, deep blue ink. Probably one of the Diamine blues.

*which is nice, actually, because I use BlBk to test for flow problems and baby's bottom syndome; most German inks can be quite dry and BlBk is the driest one I know, while still being nice to your pens - if THAT doesn't get you skipping and start-up problems, pretty much nothing will. If it does, you can pretty much forget the entire 4001 line of ink. Minus violet, maybe, that one seems to be a bit more reliable.

the color of Eau Di Nil is kinda teal ...

love the ink

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Running with the Lamy 2K and the Cross Peerless 125 today:

post-127500-0-35090600-1464264450_thumb.jpg

I'm being boring today. Just a MB West German 149 medium and a Rouge et Noir black resin medium.

Inked up a few to take some notes.

TWSBI Diamond 580 - Lamy Black

Parker 75 - Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise

Parker 51 - Diamine Asa Blue

Parker 45 - Diamine Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple

Visconti Rembrandt - Diamine Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple

TWSBI Eco - Diamine Autumn Oak

New ink day tomorrow - have Diamine Cerise and Diamine Apple Glory on the way to pair with a Sonnet I've been repairing over the past couple of weeks; exciting!

Edited by cambookpro

Parker 75, Ingenuity, Premier, Sonnet, Urban | Pelikan M400 | TWSBI Diamond 580 | Visconti Rembrandt

Currently inked: Diamine Apple Glory (Rembrandt), Pelikan 4001 Turquoise (M400), Lamy Black (Diamond 580)

The blue Jinhao x450 with Pelikan BlBk again - as well as my creepy purple Frankenpen.

I'm usually not a fan of italic nibs, but the one on my Frankenpen writes like a dream. Probably because I've ground it to my writing hand, but also because it's untipped and fairly crisp. Plus, Pelikan 4001 violet is always a very nice ink, but in THIS pen, it's perfection.
I'm very surprised with how well the feed keeps up - feed, section and barrel on that thing belong to an old, cheap Online pen. Online pens, in my experience, aren't exactly wet writers. In fact, all of mine really hate the dry Pelikan inks. I really hate Online inks, though, so that's a bit of a problem.
Anyway, I'm happy with my creation. Unfortunately, the pen goes through cartridges at an incredible rate (M to B and decently wet-writing Italic, sigh) and I don't have a converter for it yet.