Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2016

RMN

Inking up for the work week. I realize the Mont Blanc inks are more expensive than my Metros, but they will have to do until I get more pens.

Tsuki-Yo, and Permanent Blue are my favorites of my small collection of inks so far.

http://i.imgur.com/StnRu02.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eliweisz

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• akustyk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The clip for my Kaweco Skyline Sport arrived yesterday. The pen takes on a nicer look with the clip. Broad nib - inked with Lamy Dark Violet. The nib on this pen is pleasantly smooooth! :)

fpn_1469488494__kawecosportclip5.jpg

fpn_1469488471__kawecosportclip4.jpg

fpn_1469492095__kawecosportnibwriting.jp

Can't decide which one I should use today....I think, I'll take both....

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3236/iDe8UB.jpghttp://imageshack.com/a/img922/7148/secJHO.jpg

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher. (Einstein)

http://www.facebook.com/GuentherDebertin

Today’s quote is inspired by one of the most influential Martial Artist ever, the legend,BRUCE LEE.

The pen in rotation is Jinhao 165 which is self grounded to Medium Stub and it is inked with Pelikan Edelstein Amethyst.

img_20160726_1253571.jpg?w=1000

img_20160726_1256231.jpg?w=1000

img_20160726_1253341.jpg?w=1000

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Today’s quote is inspired by one of the most influential Martial Artist ever, the legend,BRUCE LEE.

The pen in rotation is Jinhao 165 which is self grounded to Medium Stub and it is inked with Pelikan Edelstein Amethyst.

very nice

very nice

thank you

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

As the (not so visible) text says, today's theme is black and gold! Found out today that my dad in addition to that Duofold he never used much also had an even older Montblanc Meisterstuck lying around. If there was ever a good way to keep your kids around, it's to randomly come across incredible heirloom pens whenever they get dinner with you :) (just kidding, I see him all the time).

The MB is in need of repair as he seems to have broken the filling mechanism accidentally, but I dipped it for fun.

MB Meisterstuck (Circa 70s or 80s, if his memory is to be believed)

Parker Duofold (Circa early 90s)

Pilot Custom 823 (Circa this year when I irresponsibly spent several hundred bucks on the Japan market smoke model :D)

post-130616-0-03628900-1469554956_thumb.jpg

If anyone wondered why Japanese/Asian nibs are so much thinner, my Japanese writing should give you an idea. A Western M is already pretty fast and loose (read: does not look great on normal size rule), but anything larger would be literally unusable for either Japanese or Chinese. The F on my Pilot is actually a bit too thick for some of my Kanji's details and they turned into blobs.

EDIT: because it's Speedy Tuesday (for those so inclined) below is a photo of my Speedmaster with the pens. Today is a slow day at work :D

post-130616-0-33236400-1469557781_thumb.jpg

Edited by FatalElement

The pen I can't stop using... I'm still getting used to the nib though... I'm guessing it's a flex nib?

Can anyone ID this Watermen's?

D. Morreale

www.throttleandtorque.com

"The storm front towered above them and the wind was cool on their sweating faces. They slumped bleary-eyed in their saddles and looked at one another. Shrouded in the black thunderheads the distant lightning glowed mutely like welding seen through foundry smoke. As if repairs were under way at some flawed place in the iron dark of the world.”

- Cormac McCarthy

All The Pretty Horses

As the (not so visible) text says, today's theme is black and gold! Found out today that my dad in addition to that Duofold he never used much also had an even older Montblanc Meisterstuck lying around. If there was ever a good way to keep your kids around, it's to randomly come across incredible heirloom pens whenever they get dinner with you :) (just kidding, I see him all the time).

The MB is in need of repair as he seems to have broken the filling mechanism accidentally, but I dipped it for fun.

MB Meisterstuck (Circa 70s or 80s, if his memory is to be believed)

Parker Duofold (Circa early 90s)

Pilot Custom 823 (Circa this year when I irresponsibly spent several hundred bucks on the Japan market smoke model :D)

attachicon.gif LRM_EXPORT_20160726_104140.jpg

If anyone wondered why Japanese/Asian nibs are so much thinner, my Japanese writing should give you an idea. A Western M is already pretty fast and loose (read: does not look great on normal size rule), but anything larger would be literally unusable for either Japanese or Chinese. The F on my Pilot is actually a bit too thick for some of my Kanji's details and they turned into blobs.

EDIT: because it's Speedy Tuesday (for those so inclined) below is a photo of my Speedmaster with the pens. Today is a slow day at work :D

attachicon.gif IMG_20160726_111917_copy3.jpg

Love looking at the inner workings of watches. :cD

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

The pen I can't stop using... I'm still getting used to the nib though... I'm guessing it's a flex nib?

Lady Patricia

Lady Patricia

Thanks! Should I feel less manly now?

D. Morreale

www.throttleandtorque.com

"The storm front towered above them and the wind was cool on their sweating faces. They slumped bleary-eyed in their saddles and looked at one another. Shrouded in the black thunderheads the distant lightning glowed mutely like welding seen through foundry smoke. As if repairs were under way at some flawed place in the iron dark of the world.”

- Cormac McCarthy

All The Pretty Horses

Hero 9096 - #5 medium nib. Inked with Sailor Jentle Souten. Nib is surprisingly smooth for a simple #5 iridium point steel nib; no scratching; minimal (at best) feedback; good ink flow. Nice image on the barrel.

fpn_1469624856__hero9096pen2.jpg

fpn_1469626765__hero9096nib3.jpg

fpn_1469626457__hero_9096barreldesign.jp

this is beauty

Thank you! The Vacumatic celluloid is gorgeous, in any of the colors.

This does look like a Lady Patricia, and it writes like a dream. I am not surprised you're enjoying it :)

Hero 9096 - #5 medium nib. Inked with Sailor Jentle Souten. Nib is surprisingly smooth for a simple #5 iridium point steel nib; no scratching; minimal (at best) feedback; good ink flow. Nice image on the barrel.

fpn_1469624856__hero9096pen2.jpg

fpn_1469626765__hero9096nib3.jpg

fpn_1469626457__hero_9096barreldesign.jp

Helen,

This is a very nice pen! The pattern is quite pretty, and it's further evidence that even inexpensive pens can be fantastic. These nibs can be quite good, as well.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

28294920260_bb0c476daa_c.jpg

Great photo. Lovely pen. But the star is your handwriting. Perhaps my favourite hand on the board. I admire the aesthetic impact of it, while it still conveys freedom and fluidity -- all while being supremely legible. Delightful, beautiful, practical. --h