Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2016

RMN

Great pen-ink combos. Thank you for sharing!

You're welcome! I always enjoy your contributions to this thread. And everyone's. It's fun to not check this thread for a while, and then spend some time catching up with all the different pen and ink combinations.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eliweisz

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• akustyk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Currently Inked:

13557912_1375571345793402_24221437695284

Writing:

13576868_1375571372460066_35043925602813

Angle for Sheen:

13528708_1375571405793396_59216729389405

S.T. Dupont Dark Blue sheens more than any ink I own, including Diamine Majestic Blue, Sargasso Sea, and Sailor Yama-Dori. It's insane.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

Still fooling around with an Oxford Legal Pad. Another test:

27898029781_38366fcca3_c.jpg

Along with a lot of advantages (reliability, versatility, availability, paper colour) there's a minor drawback: here my Skyline with its super-smooth firm nib, feels a little bit toothy. The writing experience is quite pleasant, anyway.

Practice, patience, perseverance

Shef_Volt1a.jpg

Shef_Volt1b.jpg

"Voltaire"

Sheaffer 300

Noodler's (FPN exclusive) Voltaire Candide Vermilion.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Prelude_Gogh1.jpg

Prelude_Gogh1b.jpg

"Van Gogh"

Sheaffer Prelude

Noodler's (FPN exclusive) Van Gogh Starry Night.

Edited by northstar

Along with a lot of advantages (reliability, versatility, availability, paper colour) there's a minor drawback: here my Skyline with its super-smooth firm nib, feels a little bit toothy. The writing experience is quite pleasant, anyway.

ah man .. what a pics... lovely...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Prelude_Gogh1.jpg

Prelude_Gogh1b.jpg

"Van Gogh"

Sheaffer Prelude

Noodler's (FPN exclusive) Van Gogh Starry Night.

U are gifted for sure....

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

U are gifted for sure....

Thank you so much for your kind words Vaibhav, I always admire your writing and photography :)

Best regards.

Love that pen! And the writing! And the ink! Seriously, very well done.

The Eversharp Skyline is among my all-time favorite writers. There's just something about that nib and feed. Always smooth, and always wet. Love it.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

That's interesting, because I went through the same thing! I definitely was disappointed when I first tried it. I wanted a deep, rich blue. So I tried it and it was decidedly a bluish-purple, like an imperial or royal blue. But I didn't know as much about fountain pens then. I used it in a very dry pen. When I used it in a wetter pen, the ink had a much better (to me) quality to it. The hue was richer (although still decidedly indigo). But what really surprised me was the sheen. My VP puts out a lot of ink and in certain lights, the sheen is quite something. So, my bottle of Sargasso Sea sat on the shelf for a long while, but once I gave it a 2nd shot, it's back in the rotation! I like that about this hobby - your opinion on a pen or ink can change for the better over time.

That was my experience too. First it was too purple for me, but they I got to love it. In some pens (e.g., TWSBI Eco B) it just flows so well, and it sheens, too. The only issue I have with it now is that it takes long to dry, but it does dry eventually.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

Diamine Burnt Sienna was one of a dozen samples I got a few weeks ago. Outstanding color & behavior - I've already ordered a bottle!

Since I'm also a big watch guy, here's my watch forum crosspost! My 1979 145.022 Speedmaster Professional and my brand new Franklin-Christoph Model 19.

attachicon.gifIMG_20160629_160421.jpg

Nice picture. Love the Speedy.

180Dumas1a.jpg

180+Dumas1b.jpg

"Alexandre Dumas"

Parker 180

Noodler's (FPN exclusive) Dumas Tulipe Noire

Northstar, those are stunning. Keep them coming!

Here's some from today.

You can see why TR paper is coveted: the pictures may not show it clearly but lines are tighter and crisper on the TR and the shading is more evident than on the notebook by ST Dupont.

Kaweco Sport checkered black ( M ) with Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun

ASA Trans Nauka (Jowo 1.1) with KWZ Honey.

post-80563-0-38499700-1467377162.jpg

post-80563-0-81118600-1467377171_thumb.jpg

post-80563-0-16252000-1467377182_thumb.jpg

post-80563-0-43053200-1467377194.jpg

post-80563-0-86072500-1467377202.jpg

post-80563-0-49995400-1467377212.jpg

post-80563-0-18894200-1467377227.jpg

Fountain pen novice. I am aquiring pens at a frightening pace, I am afraid it might be an addiction... I see I am not alone here on FPN! Latest acquisitions - Platinum 3776 Kumpoo with Diamine Eau de Nil, Opus 88 Koloro inked with Diamine November Rain, Franklin-Christoph Model Pocket 66 prototype inked with Franklin-Christoph Honeycomb.

Northstar, those are stunning. Keep them coming!

Thank you :)

ah man .. what a pics... lovely...

I'm especially flattered to hear this from an expert photographer like you. Thanks a lot!

Love that pen! And the writing! And the ink! Seriously, very well done.

The Eversharp Skyline is among my all-time favorite writers. There's just something about that nib and feed. Always smooth, and always wet. Love it.

Thank you! The Skyline is very special - stellar performance, iconic design.

Diamine Burnt Sienna was one of a dozen samples I got a few weeks ago. Outstanding color & behavior - I've already ordered a bottle!

Pair it with a broad (or wet, or stub) nib, the ink is pure delight!

And now something new: a piece of 17th century wisdom:

http://c8.staticflickr.com/8/7450/27372136103_7d93d9fd73_c.jpg

http://c6.staticflickr.com/8/7085/27372137093_4c5296e69f_c.jpg

Parker Duofold Junior (UK) OB nib, Sailor Yama-Dori, Rhodia Webbie

Practice, patience, perseverance

Northstar those are AWESOME!

Thank you :)

I admit these two inks look a lot alike. The biggest difference I see is the nib.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/07-July/slides/IMG_20160701_175935.jpg

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/07-July/slides/2016-07-01_04.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY