Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2016

RMN

Lovely. I'll have to practice. And yes, the book is a modern reprint of a book published in 1894. I love antique books (even reprints), especially if they are illustrated. Just today I got a Dutch children's book from the 1930s, called "Het Boschhuis". The language is a bit old-fashioned, but it's a wonderful bit of history.

DO realise, that those were in old spelling. just before and after WW2 there were several big spelling changes.

The title of that book would today be: het boshuis.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eliweisz

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• akustyk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My all time favourite Sheaffer No-Nonsense is in the rotation inked with Sheaffer Skrip Purple....

fpn_1452144621__nns1.jpeg

fpn_1452144713__nns2.jpeg

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

First of all, happy new year to you all!!

With that out of the way, it is time for 2016s' first round of cheerful lyrics!

I thought I'd make it a bit more special, and use German lyrics for the occasion...

24200110146_e489f2920c_c.jpg

Pen: Pilot Vanishing Point matte black

Nib: Custom 0.6mm stub by Mr. Binder

Ink: Sailor Jentle 4 Seasons Tokiwa Matsu

Paper: A5 70g ultra cheap office pad (company issued)

Translation (may not be entirely accurate as my knowledge of the German language isn't as good as I'd like it to be):

You know, the colors wouldn't last forever
Suddenly you are able to see, then you are blind
Deafness surrounds the ears
Slowly you burn out
Until only ashes blows into the warm heavens
Finally the evening dawns
And the only light is that of the stars
Grey smears in the air fly around me and absorb the light
And I wallow through the nights with you by my side
Lay you down on my dry lips
The colors fade away like the summer alone with you I fall behind
Remember
Look up to me
Tell me you're alive
Remember, remember

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

Although the particular shade of green is not my favorite, the clip is SPLENDID. The figure of the titan is wonderful!!

Thank you! Yes, well green is my favorite color, so I'm happy enough with the color. The ink, while not a perfect match, is one I enjoy quite a bit because so far it's one of the only greens I've tried that actually dries and is not a full mess (I had two green inks previously that I could not pass my hand even by mistake days after writing because the ink would still smudge...).

The only thing I need to do is see where I can get the nibs checked and smoothed. So far it had been designated my journal pen but I must admit it frustrates me to go back and fill in the lines where it skipped!

My all time favourite Sheaffer No-Nonsense is in the rotation inked with Sheaffer Skrip Purple....

fpn_1452144621__nns1.jpeg

fpn_1452144713__nns2.jpeg

Lovely pen, ink shade and handwriting! I always enjoy your posts, keep them coming!

fpn_1452148699__dscn1282.jpg

fpn_1448882245__watch_and_estie.jpg

Both of you (EoC and Eli) have amazing handwritings that inspire me and make me believe that if I practice I will one day too have such nice handwriting!

Fountain pen novice. I am aquiring pens at a frightening pace, I am afraid it might be an addiction... I see I am not alone here on FPN! Latest acquisitions - Platinum 3776 Kumpoo with Diamine Eau de Nil, Opus 88 Koloro inked with Diamine November Rain, Franklin-Christoph Model Pocket 66 prototype inked with Franklin-Christoph Honeycomb.

Thank you! Yes, well green is my favorite color, so I'm happy enough with the color. The ink, while not a perfect match, is one I enjoy quite a bit because so far it's one of the only greens I've tried that actually dries and is not a full mess (I had two green inks previously that I could not pass my hand even by mistake days after writing because the ink would still smudge...).

The only thing I need to do is see where I can get the nibs checked and smoothed. So far it had been designated my journal pen but I must admit it frustrates me to go back and fill in the lines where it skipped!

Lovely pen, ink shade and handwriting! I always enjoy your posts, keep them coming!

Both of you (EoC and Eli) have amazing handwritings that inspire me and make me believe that if I practice I will one day too have such nice handwriting!

Believe me or not, I copied (well, tried to copy) a lot from this awesome thread. After six months of practice, my handwriting is enriched and more consistent - thanks to you all.

Very handsome —both the pen and the penmanship. I have had mixed experience with Sailor pens, but yours looks marvelous. Enjoy!

Thanks a lot! And what was your mixed experience?

Some Parkers:

23933548400_b0760f7832_c.jpg

Practice, patience, perseverance

Believe me or not, I copied (well, tried to copy) a lot from this awesome thread. After six months of practice, my handwriting is enriched and more consistent - thanks to you all.

Thanks a lot! And what was your mixed experience?

Some Parkers:

23933548400_b0760f7832_c.jpg

I do try to copy a bit... Need to work more on it though! Those pens are very nice, with a preference for the green one... ;)

Fountain pen novice. I am aquiring pens at a frightening pace, I am afraid it might be an addiction... I see I am not alone here on FPN! Latest acquisitions - Platinum 3776 Kumpoo with Diamine Eau de Nil, Opus 88 Koloro inked with Diamine November Rain, Franklin-Christoph Model Pocket 66 prototype inked with Franklin-Christoph Honeycomb.

CF Starwalker today with Diamine Sapphire blue... Hadn't used it in a couple weeks...

Cool! I looked at it in store but didn't pull the trigger in the end. How do you like it?

Cool! I looked at it in store but didn't pull the trigger in the end. How do you like it?

Its a very nice pen, smooth nib, and bot does it love the Diamine ink... Its silky smooth on the Rhodia paper. The CF weave is especially tight... Very nice detail that you don't notice at first until you look closely... Plus, I LOVE all things cars, so this was the first $$ pen I bought. Don't use it much as I should. Been carrying my Lamy's and Namiki Bamboo a lot the past couple weeks.

I'm just a Starwalker kind of guy...

Diplomaat, there are DC fountain pens!? *gets so excited hyperventilating starts*

I think I've found my next fountain pen lol.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you find the Montegrappa writes? I've never used one from that company before.

Oh, and you mentioned looking for somewhere in Europe to sort your nib? Goldnibs.com have good reviews from what I can tell and are based in Spain.

Edited by prettypink

I've taken to modifying Pilot Penmanship (EF) nibs to fit into my TWSBIs. All but three have them now. Today I used my white Eco to do my daily sketching. I just love how thin the lines are from this nib, smooth and feedback-y, somewhat like a pencil.

Diamine Bilberry

1610101_10156369767310324_32244800491631