Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us! - 2016

RMN

Taciturn-Lackey - made me think of Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan,,,,one of my favourite film quotes ever!

Stunning ink too

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eliweisz

• mehandiratta

• Inky.Fingers

• akustyk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Taciturn-Lackey - made me think of Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan,,,,one of my favourite film quotes ever!

Stunning ink too

Yes-- Moby Dick is a great book, but TWOK is also a great movie. And that image invokes them both beautifully.

Taciturn-Lackey - That's a handsome italic hand!

Thank you!

Stunning ink too

Yes-- Moby Dick is a great book, but TWOK is also a great movie. And that image invokes them both beautifully.

Thanks :D I'd be lying if I said I didn't always hear that line in Ricardo Montalban's voice. Absolutely love TWOK.

Following the recent highly artistic posts above by Helen350, Ian the Jock and eliweisz, let me humbly add my "Mighty Roo" recently retrofitted with a Titanium Bock EF nib.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah12/phzervas/0DFF4BB4-911C-481C-BAA2-AF4206DD2EC7_zpsiogmsvfl.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah12/phzervas/8847A5D8-5ED7-4484-B13F-C79E2B9DE7A8_zps2lauabp0.jpg

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah12/phzervas/2B0A8CA6-CA0B-47DF-93CF-76770C392C45_zpsslyblstm.jpg

Ink is Waterman Harmonious Green.

This is a beautiful pen, and a great upgrade! I am really impressed with the nib's performance, at least in your hand. Great flex!

Yesterday, I was writing with a Parker Vacumatic, which is everything I want in a fountain pen. A writer's dream instrument. Parker claimed authors wrote entire novels with it. The quote comes from an old penmanship book.

31114427980_dcb739d78e_c.jpg

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

This is a beautiful pen, and a great upgrade! I am really impressed with the nib's performance, at least in your hand. Great flex!

Yesterday, I was writing with a Parker Vacumatic, which is everything I want in a fountain pen. A writer's dream instrument. Parker claimed authors wrote entire novels with it. The quote comes from an old penmanship book.

Thanks akustyk for your kind words. I apologize for my handwriting that leaves a lot to be desired. In your hands, I am sure this Titanium nib would work wonders.

I have often seen your posts and wondered how much skill and practice it takes to produce such magnificent pictures every time. And your pens, although most of them are restored, seem to be in better condition than originally brand new. In my eyes, your pens are just "pieces of jewelry"...

- Kaigelu 316 Modification (250 #6 Bock Nib / Beaufort Ink Converter)
- Titanium Bock Nib - Kaigelu 316 - Beaufort Ink

- Bock Rollerball Nib In Jinhao 886 Pen - Beaufort Ink Converter

- No affiliation with pen industry, just a pen hobbyist.

- It matters what you write, only for us it matters what we write it with.

fpn_1481135079__p1020461.jpg

fpn_1481135219__p1020462.jpg

fpn_1481135535__p1020469.jpg

fpn_1481135571__p1020471.jpg

fpn_1481135624__p1020472.jpg

Well, darn, it's a lousy picture of the pen. Ink Fingers fixed it for me and I love it. You've seen it before.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/12-December/slides/IMG_20161202_185242.jpg

fpn_1481135686__p1020473.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

Thanks akustyk for your kind words. I apologize for my handwriting that leaves a lot to be desired. In your hands, I am sure this Titanium nib would work wonders.

I have often seen your posts and wondered how much skill and practice it takes to produce such magnificent pictures every time. And your pens, although most of them are restored, seem to be in better condition than originally brand new. In my eyes, your pens are just "pieces of jewelry"...

Another favourite pen gone to someone else. Nuts.

Superb writing as usual.

Another favourite pen gone to someone else. Nuts.

Superb writing as usual.

Sheaffer with a fine oblique nib. Sailor Jentle Chu Shu ink.

30681340973_45a9fa587d.jpg

Sheaffer 330, with fine oblique nib

Lovely shot. The pen and ink are quite nice to, but I'm especially drawn to your handwriting.

Today I swapped a CM nib into my Pilot Cocoon. After a couple weeks of grading and marking papers on cheap paper it deserved a good flush and cleaning. Though I'd try a little something different with it since I like the balance of this pen more than my Prera. Ink is Private Reserve Ebony Purple. It has some shading... but it's subtle. I'll try to get a better shot of it later.

31125595310_37ae163cf0_c.jpg

** I now realize I have misspelled simile in the above picture. I need more coffee... which will make four cups for today so far.

Edited by taciturn-lackey

Oh! Smilies! I like that :D

And thanks very much for the compliment, EoC. I'm still pretty new to using italic nibs.

31387845971_a9e6d98be1_z_d.jpg

Kaweco Sport Cognac with Cognac. Thank you note for Seitz-Kreuznach, because they forgot the clip for my package (Pen, Ink, Converter and Clip), but sent it right away, after I asked for it.

Today I swapped a CM nib into my Pilot Cocoon. After a couple weeks of grading and marking papers on cheap paper it deserved a good flush and cleaning. Though I'd try a little something different with it since I like the balance of this pen more than my Prera. Ink is Private Reserve Ebony Purple. It has some shading... but it's subtle. I'll try to get a better shot of it later.

That Cocoon with the swapped in nib looks exactly like my Pilot Metro with the 1.0 factory stub (newly available from Goulet). What are the salient differences between a Cocoon and a Metro (besides color)?

It's throwback Thursday - the Sheaffer Balance from the early 40's and the Parker 51 from the 60's:

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p799/sandygriff/TBT_zpsyoisiq1j.jpg?t=1481115582

That Cocoon with the swapped in nib looks exactly like my Pilot Metro with the 1.0 factory stub (newly available from Goulet). What are the salient differences between a Cocoon and a Metro (besides color)?

Other than the color, just the name. The Cocoon is the Japanese market name of the Metro.

Sheaffer with a fine oblique nib. Sailor Jentle Chu Shu ink.

30681340973_45a9fa587d.jpg

Sheaffer 330, with fine oblique nib

Laconic and elegant. Bravo!

31125595310_37ae163cf0_c.jpg

Now this is a good one (not that the others were bad). I like your Italic more and more.

31387845971_a9e6d98be1_z_d.jpg

Kaweco Sport Cognac with Cognac. Thank you note for Seitz-Kreuznach, because they forgot the clip for my package (Pen, Ink, Converter and Clip), but sent it right away, after I asked for it.

What a lovely colour! I mean both the pen and the ink.

It's throwback Thursday - the Sheaffer Balance from the early 40's and the Parker 51 from the 60's:

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p799/sandygriff/TBT_zpsyoisiq1j.jpg?t=1481115582

A nice pair. Is it a Vigilant (875 Balance)?

Practice, patience, perseverance

A nice pair. Is it a Vigilant (875 Balance)?

You made me get the loupe out to look! It is indeed the 875 - it's a very nice writer.

You made me get the loupe out to look! It is indeed the 875 - it's a very nice writer.

I have a Vigilant, it's one of my best writers. Good to see it here with another great pen. Happy writing!

Practice, patience, perseverance

]Now this is a good one (not that the others were bad). I like your Italic more and more.

Thanks Eli!

I'm still playing with this Pilot CM nib in a Cocoon/Metro (whatever we want to call it :lol: ) with Private Reserve Ebony Purple. Have to admit that the ink is starting to grow on me.

31481064986_9d65162c53_c.jpg

Now to just get my 'L's to not look a bit like deflated 'Z's :P

Edited by taciturn-lackey